Mfw my house got good isolation

>mfw my house got good isolation
Don't even need AC, I'm comfy as fuck right now

Attached: 1539492283001.png (1024x768, 280K)

Based

This.
I imagine only brown "people" or trailer trash use those.

>isolation

People in europe don't live in cardboard houses you know.

what does that have to do with anything?

My house has extremely good insulation. But it's designed to keep the heat inside for the cold winters.
Summers are torture, I bought a central AC last year.

>I bought a central AC last year.
Based. It's the only way to fight global warming.

Indeed. 32 C outside and comfy 19 C at home right now. It's like heaven.

you cant isolate away the outside temperature for extended periods without a power source to keep the inside temperature lower or higher than the outside. the only difference is how long it will take and how many watts you need to keep cool/warm. you will be sweathing in a day or two, enjoy it while it last.

Technically it should work both way, just cover your south facing windows or wherever the heat's getting in through.
If you have both insulation and thermal mass you don't need an AC to be comfy in this weather. Yet. As soon as nights get even slightly hotter and it's too hot to radiate out all the accumulated heat we're fucked.

İ live an old house with okayish isolation and no AC. Doing pretty good if you ask me, won't die anytime soon unlike wh*Toids

>I bought a central AC last year.

Attached: 1563901542797.jpg (300x168, 6K)

>just cover your south facing windows
Doesn't help in the long run. It keeps the house cool for a day or two but eventually the heat will rise inside no matter how much insulation you have. Place a fridge outside in the sun without power and it will be boiling hot inside pretty quick. And fridges are extremely well insulated.

>like less than 2 inches of material
>extremely well insulated
You've got to be kidding me. Regardless, that's why I said thermal mass. As long as it can cool off during the night it's going to be fine.

Serious question , is this an actual heat wave or just whining?

>As long as it can cool off during the night it's going to be fine
Yeah but it doesn't. Sun doesn't go down here in summer. It's sunlight 24/7.

Second one this year. Spring was unusually hot as well, then it let off through late June early July, now it's ballboiling hot again.

The point he’s making is the word is “insulation” not “isolation”

>cool off during the night

And how will it do that when the house is designed to trap the heat inside?

Attached: 1527348945345.jpg (125x111, 2K)

İt's usually not this warm in Europe but a lot of people are whining faggots about it

>is this an actual heat wave or just
It's 30+ degrees here in Lapland. Yes, I'd say that counts as a heatwave.

Attached: 1520293349157.jpg (375x301, 22K)

Same here they did new isolation last year. It's like 20 degrees in my room.

How far up north are you? Over here it sets at like 10PM now.

No ventilation system? Bit of a design oversight, m80, innit?

Here we're more or less fine. But I've heard that in Paris they got 42°C today.

Yep

Attached: 61729655_821925428193869_8073002996952203264_n.jpg (727x860, 88K)

>How far up north are you?
Kiruna. The sun has been up for 47 days straight. Today is the breaking point where it actually starts to drop slightly below the horizon but only for a few minutes around midnight. Will be another 2-3 weeks before we have more than a few minutes of darkness.

Oh fugg. You could dump heat into the ground, but an AC probably works just as well, if a bit more expensive to run.

...alright now that's pretty fucking shitty.

How come alot of towns sound Finnish up north?

Attached: Screenshot_20190725-233920.png (1440x2560, 566K)

You mean comfy 32c outside and hellish 19c inside.

Finland used to be part of Sweden, and northern Sweden is very Finnish/Swedish mixed.

>comfy 32c
No such thing.
>hellish 19c
No, extremely comfy. That's the normal summer temp here and any hotter is hell.

You must be a climate change denier.

alright, science brainlet here but how does insulation help with hot weather? the air temperature will eventually be equalized between the outside and inside if the house doesn't have a internalized cooling system? and the house will stay even warmer when the outside is colder at night because of said insulation?

The basic idea is that it doesn't have the time to heat up, up to an uncomfortable level.

how does it not have time to heat up if summer is months long?

An idea that doesn't work.

Because days don't last for months. Unless you're this guy. Then it obviously doesn't work.
Let's use my apartment as an example. It was 32C outside today. When I got home after work it was 22C inside. Because it was still warmer outside than in my apartment kept warming up, and it reached about 24C by now. It is 25C at the moment, ant it'll keep dropping down. As soon as it's colder outside than inside my apartment will start cooling off. It'll be roughly 20 or so degrees when I leave for work tomorrow, and it'll start all over again.
Yes, it is hotter inside than outside at night, but it's fine as long as it's not TOO hot. Why would I want to sleep in the cold?

>muh heatwave
in under a week it's back to below 20 degrees and rain, stop whining

No but if climate change is real and it fucks with the planet the measures undertaken so far globaly to stop it are miniscule so i don't care about it. Why should i invest more money if everybody else just keeps going but complains about it.

>in under a week it's back to below 20 degrees and rain
Thank fuck for that.

I don't need isolation, AC or heating because I decided to live in a place with good weather.

Attached: Perfect weather.png (1471x243, 56K)

FORGET BREXIT WE NEED SUMMEREXIT

SUMMEREXIT NOW!

enjoy the weather and get some vitamin D while you still can

>enjoy the weather
Impossible when I sweat 20 liters per day and get sunburned after 2 minutes in the sun..
I miss my snowmobile, ice racing Volvo and ice fishing. And don't forget ice swimming followed by sauna and beer.