Go abroad

>go abroad
>be obnoxious, rude and a generally terrible guest
>tell everyone i'm austrian

who else here /shenanigans/ ?

Attached: 1484283152985.jpg (600x828, 54K)

>foreigners ask me something in english
>answer them in german and walk off

Attached: 1518634719178.jpg (400x400, 40K)

>am 6'5
>girl asks me how tall I am
>answer 6 feet to make manlets even smaller

Attached: 1540295668715.png (225x266, 23K)

I didn't knew germans used imperial.
You should grow up and use metric like any adult

Same, but I tell everyone I'm Japanese.

>go abroad
>larp as a gypsy larping as a terminally ill cancer patient asking for donations for his 6 children
>tell everyone i'm bulgarian

Attached: 1557514521036.png (434x300, 24K)

>have sex with girl
>disappoint her immensely
>tell her she shouldnt have expected anything else from a swiss person

Attached: 1488222663514.png (499x499, 21K)

Germans are really americanized

Unironically a kiwi when I go abroad (except in America and China)
Aussies have too bad a reputation

But you are Bulgarian.

absolutely pathetic
imagine not wearing your nationality like a badge of honour

>go to Canada
>keep mouth shut
>everyone thinks you're also Canadian

It's a complex thing you wouldn't understand

What is the difference between being Canadian and American? I don’t mean to be aggressive, just curious.

>go anywhere
>tell I'm french
>don't even try to speak english

Attached: 0e9.jpg (600x600, 39K)

literally only wrote feet because I have never seen manlet memes with meters, now that I think about it

We don't use it at all. No one here does. He just uses it in order to let the Americans understand it. That or he's not German.

Worst tourists on the planet reporting

>go to third world country
>try to pay in euros because "our currency is worth more than yours"

Attached: 1522453209780.jpg (420x420, 68K)

Okay, this one is actually based.

Canadians have a reputation of being more educated, liberal and polite. Few people hate Canadians, Americans are often seen as obnoxious. That's not my personal opinion, but the stereotypical American is fat, arrogant and loudmouthed, like all the memes you see. The stereotypical Canadian says sorry a lot and chugs maple syrup.

Canada obviously is under American influence, but they're more liberal and have more European identity, I'd say. Quebec speaks French. Canada uses British English more often. Healthcare is free. Metric system is more popular there. The regional differences between states aren't as big. They are often deemed to be more wealthy than Americans. They like ice hockey more and American Football less than Americans.

That's all I could think of right now, there's probably more. Maybe a real Canadian shows up, I answered since no one did yet.

>go to euro using country
>try to pay in pounds because "our currency is worth more than yours"

Attached: uk pepe.jpg (240x240, 15K)

>almost 13cm difference
I get your point, but no one falls for that. Many people are 6'/183cm, but few people are 6'5/196cm.

you'd be surprised. people and especially women are garbage at guessing

Complicated question. For the discerning eye there’s quite a bit that separates us - public attitudes, dialect, customs, history. Tbh when people think of “Canadians” they probably think of Southern Ontarians, which is to be fair because it’s where most of our population is densely located. Those people are basically Americans, but Canada is much more regionally distinct - West coast, prairies, Quebec and the Maritimes are all almost separate countries and peoples tied together by the myth of a united Canada

ok, that's based.

Okay, that's true. However, 13cm is so much when it comes to height. But yeah, especially women are trash at it. I would have said that they can be off by 3 inches/7,5cm, I've been estimated to be 6'6 more than once (I'm 6'3) already.

This. I used to think that I should say I’m Canadian whenever I travel abroad to avoid, but I soon found out that foreigners find it way cooler if you say you’re an American.

Nobody cares about a Canadian who isn’t ignorant, but say you’re an American and you have the advantage of low initial expectations whenever you meet people and you can easily impress them.

Attached: 8EA6B297-7DEA-4FDE-A303-C4B6B5448F07.jpg (1200x760, 608K)

I invented that shenanigan

Americanised retards like you should be euthanised. From now on you'll say it in metres, got it?

>German asks for directions since maps are fucked up
>send him away from town

This
Yanks and yanks apologists OUT

>grow up
>severe manlet
Hahahaha

>truck driver from poland or whatever ask for directions in broken english
>gets upset and leave when you can't properly explain him
Fuck poles or whatever the country he was from

Attached: 1143350.jpg (786x719, 58K)

But almost all of those are political views and stereotypes. There’s a clear cultural difference between a Frenchman and a German, or even two Frenchmen or Germans from different areas. Is there any with a Canadian and an American?

I understand your struggle bro

>go abroad
>act obnoxious and boastful
>tell everyone I'm american

>study abroad a semester in Germany
>study group included three Canadians
>whenever we meet someone new the Canadians go out of their way to remind everyone they're Canadian
>learn something new, Canadians start going off about "Well in CANADA we do it like this"
>stop inviting canadians to outings with us because they were rude to the point of the locals being annoyed
Didn't even have to pretend or anything.

Attached: 1461792470881.jpg (1462x1462, 282K)

You're not fat so nobody falls for it, bro

but what If I am fat

Attached: 1547520715978.jpg (960x718, 74K)

>The regional differences between states aren't as big. They are often deemed to be more wealthy than Americans

Wrong. Rest is okayish.

Not in the same way. Language (dialect), political views, european identity (Canada being part of the commonwealth and so on). Canada and the US are way younger than France and Germany and both were made by Europeans. Most Canadians live very close to the American border, over 90% live within 100 miles of the border. There are differences, but it isn't the same as in Europe. Many people lump them together already. Canadians and Americans might disagree.

Then you're in the clear

Where exactly did you study, my American friend? I was surprised to see how proud Canadians are of their country when I met a few. It's not the American way of being patriotic, but more smug and condescending. To be honest, I didn't really understand it since we're not a shithole either (yet). Of course, this doesn't account for all Canadians.

There aint, unless its between French Canadians and Americans. Canadians are just British and white immigrants who stopped wanting to be Brits after WW2 and Britain's fall from grace. Now that America is the power...

Why do you still keep the queen around?

I wasn't totally sure about it, I admit. Are the differences really that big? I didn't really count Nunavut, but the differences between Oklahoma and New York (City) for example are considerable. You could probably argue it's mainly city vs rural regions though. I didn't know Canada had diverse regional cultures since your interal borders are more or less artificial. Quebec is obviously different from the rest though.

had a canadian in my class in vocational training and he wouldnt mention it at all, only once we got to know better would he mention hes canadian. must be a quebec thing

Not only do I disagree with you, I call you a snownigger too

Attached: 5D2AE26E-4CD0-4983-989F-584D435726AC.jpg (334x506, 42K)

>be a literal chi
>travel somewhere
> tell girls I'm Italian

>go to UK
>intentionally uses measurements like miles and pounds to confuse them
>remind them that the american measurement system is superior
heheh dumb yuros

Attached: 1547597993256.jpg (750x416, 24K)

>being proud of being Canadian
Yikes.

>go abroad
>be obnoxious, rude and a generally terrible guest
>tell everyone i'm american

>but due to years of united statsians =/= americans postings everyone knows you mean central american

See the difference in these responses. The frenchman rejects american influence onto his culture wheras the G*rman embrace it

>go to Spain
>know enough Spanish to get by
>intentionally don't use any and force every server, shop owner, etc. to speak English if they want my tourist dough
>take out my phone, call my cousin, and speak to her in fluent Spanish
>if someone hears and tries to speak Spanish to me, just stare at them blankly and say "What?" until they go back to English

Attached: america.png (420x420, 31K)

ok this is epic

Don't use it. Metric only pls

Don't think you're being smug.
Here in Brazil we would accept it, and ask three times more for whatever product you wanted.

literally nothing

Canadians are smarter

theyve accomplished not a single fucking thing ever. worthless country.

they burned down the white house once

Neither did you, so what?

Pretty fucking pathetic how you cunts ahve an elitest attitude and apoligise for Americans

ironic for a self hating Brazilian
Even my gf who is half Brazilian (her mom actually lived and grew up in São Paulo) told me you guys hate yourself because
>we have nothing to be proud of! It's a shithole where you can't even own your shit comfortably or walk around in nice clothes without getting robbed unless you can afford security guards
stay angry macaco

Attached: 1559615575429.jpg (480x360, 19K)

he was french

pretty based if you ask me.