What’s Peruvian food like?

Is it spicy? Is it weird? I heard it’s good but have never had it

Attached: 1E86550B-BC68-4610-B9AE-1B60460B4E7F.jpg (728x425, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rFMOLT0bM4s
youtu.be/C9aiGLIry7g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Imagine fish with lemon.
Also various kinds of boring potatoes.

I think they eat guinea pigs

We do, they are tasty
The original rodent is barely the size of a rat, they were domesticated for eating but then the british queen got fond of them and they became pets

Peruvian food is great.

I thought Perú was the most spanish influenced South American country since it was the seat of government?

My friend in middle school had some and they were really cute, but the ones in the wild are probably beasts

For some reason millions of Chinese and Japanese settled there. I think they might’ve influenced the food but I wouldn’t know how

In my city there are no peruvians, so never tried it

Yes and no, coastal peru was very spanish but the highlands were very native, in fact the reason why the spanish made peru the center was exactly because of the infrastructure already built by the incas and the fact that that way other natives would percieve the conquest as more of a transition of power

Most of our food is western with local ingredients rather than andean, only dishes i can think of that are purely native are cuy, pachamanca, patasca and sopa de kushuro

I wonder if Peruvian food is more native influenced or European influenced?

See "chifa".

Attached: images (31).jpg (480x640, 42K)

We never got millions of either, but right now there are like 2 million chinese peruvians that are ususally around a quarter chinese, japanese peruvians are lower at roughly 300k or so, chinese food combined with local food to form chifa which is chinese style cooking with local ingredients, tamarindo sauce and soy are both popular condiments here

That’s interesting. I saw some YouTube videos on it, usually with some Chicanos sayin “wow that Chinito speaks better Spanish than me!”

Yeah I always wondered why soy sauce and white rice was popular in Peru and looks like I got my answer

Is ceviche a western or native thing?

We dont know, natives ate raw fish but they didnt have citruses, we know that ceviche as its know was prepared by the spanish and the word comes either from latin cibus or from the mozarabic word from which escabeche also comes, either way from iberia

thanks peru for potato

Attached: 1552001659283.png (970x644, 51K)

youtube.com/watch?v=rFMOLT0bM4s

that boi is cute

youtu.be/C9aiGLIry7g

Why are Peruvians so mean?

cats

Attached: fried cats.jpg (950x546, 145K)

Peruvians really are asian

Thats in chincha, which is a city where only black people live, and they eat cats

overrated

are you also the guys that love eating pigeons?

Attached: shutterstock_424833865.jpg (3000x2000, 864K)

Looks tasty

Is they any different than regular Chinese food?

They use Peruvian ingredients.
In pic Chi Jau Cuy, the meat is guinea pig over chaufa rice.

Attached: Recetas-de-Cuy-Chi-Jau-Cuy.jpg (600x446, 66K)

cute!

probably, I remember reading from an account about the Inca conquest the coastal natives used to eat raw fish, IIRC seasoned with tumbo (an acid fruit) instead of the lemon used today

yeah in Chincha eat cats but those don't seem to be cats but pigs

Awww I miss my guinea pig :(

that's more of a stereotype but pigeons are eaten in some parts of the country.