1. you're an absolute cunt

1. you're an absolute cunt
2. do you want to learn icelandic

Attached: 1560280667887.png (900x900, 351K)

seems useless
only mountain men on some island really far away and a couple of poles speak it

flag
no

1. Norgay.
2. Seems cool, but there's absolutely zero chance I'll have the motivation to learn it, not to mention maintain it. It'd probably be hard to find anything interesting to read/listen to.

Might be fun. Not sure what to do with it though.

Attached: 7633375A-1E47-45A8-95C3-1FFAEAF9BE48.jpg (1200x1199, 137K)

flag
can't be bothered

>Sicily
>Only if I become really interested in stuff related to it.

hello my irrelevant meme language brothers

1. Austmaður
2. Yes, I really want to learn Icelandic, but I don't have the time right now.

flag
yes, but I don't have time for that

Why is yours and Icelandic meme languages?

300k people speak Icelandic. I assume that's what he meant.
Doesn't make it a "meme language" though, IMO.

>want to learn icelandic
>remember their insane verb conjugation

Attached: 1561939345506.jpg (968x928, 84K)

I agree. It's not the amount of people that speak it what makes it a meme. Maltese is spoken by over 400k yet I think it's much more meme-y.

>irrelevant
>has over 100.000 speakers

as i see it, meme languages are languages that pretty much no one speaks and are therefore for the most part pointless to learn if you don't live in the place it's spoken
i guess what adds to the meme is people can larp as viKANGZ and read the sagas in the proper language

Also you all speak English anyway so nobody actually needs Icelandic to communicate.

>read the sagas in the proper language
Unironically a fairly big motivator for me. In school we read the most important sagas about Norway and Norwegians, and Kongsspeilet, but in Norwegian bokmål. I imagine that reading them in the original language conveys a more accurate meaning.

Pic is Kongsspeilet - it's not a saga, but it's a piece of Norwegian medieval literature from the 1200s detailing how the King of Norway should act, behave, rule and live.

Attached: standard_kongespeilet.jpg (758x1005, 132K)

For me a meme language is more like Maltese, for example, which is a mix and match of Semitic and Romance. I don't know how to explain it properly.

That came out slightly wrong - we of course didn't just read sagas about Norway, but the most important ones in general. Many of them happened to be about Austmenn, aka Norwegians, since it was in Norwegian class.

Sweden
Yes but also no. My mom is Faroese so I'm slowly learning her language. Similar to Icelandic though.

>flag

Someday, definitely.

i went to Germany once and there were a group of American tourists who got irate and angry when the waiter said 'guten tag' to them, they were yelling that he should speak English

>do they really?

Further, I live part time in Finland and there's an American I know who lives there who doesn't know a word of Finnish and just yells in American at everyone if they don't understand him

Bad manners if you ask me

doesn't surprise me, americans are a blight
>lmao just speak english
neck yourself

How else would they talk shit about murica tourists without being understood?

1. Malaya
2. my motivation are either game or translating nip doujin/tomes, so maybe. does icelanding has worthy tales/epic/books?

There is a vast collection of sagas written in old Norse, much of which was written by Icelandic author Snorre Sturlasson, 800-900 years ago. You'll be able to understand much of the original language of the sagas if you know Icelandic.
That's not fantasy though, so if that's your thing, then I don't know.

I would like to learn Old English, which is similar ish I suppose

did you know that Africans, Pajeets and Arabs are already going to Iceland exclusively to fuck Icelandic girls?