Why is rock dying in both countries? I was streaming rock radios from US and UK and very few new songs. So sad

Why is rock dying in both countries? I was streaming rock radios from US and UK and very few new songs. So sad...

Attached: images (11).jpg (620x342, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Ht5RZpzPqw
youtube.com/watch?v=p8NQUbLQGio
youtube.com/watch?v=x3bfa3DZ8JM
youtube.com/watch?v=1uJQxq6epDk
youtu.be/Wfo4Jbn1fiY
youtube.com/watch?v=eBG7P-K-r1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=z6QgND6sXbc
youtube.com/watch?v=T0_zzCLLRvE
youtube.com/watch?v=6Ejga4kJUts
youtube.com/watch?v=qORYO0atB6g
youtube.com/watch?v=WdgLMslbDuY
youtube.com/watch?v=eBShN8qT4lk
youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE
youtube.com/watch?v=07Y0cy-nvAg
youtube.com/watch?v=51oPKLSuyQY
youtube.com/watch?v=U4U19zwFENs
youtube.com/watch?v=tEJpLDEOivA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because white peoples are dying in both countries.

Because rock is boring

Your minorities don't like rock? Why?

White people massively listen to hiphop nowadays. Hiphop songs top the radio and spotify charts in every US state. White Americans use black slang like 'bruh' and 'y'all' all the time.

Attached: matty-b-800.png (800x600, 800K)

What is so fascinating about Hip Hop between white Americans?

Black people make it, and black people are the epitome of cool.

There are literally zero differences. The public in shows is 99% men. Actually rock is less affected by SJWs so there are way more gays in Hip Hop and rap.

jews

If you think rock is dead you need to stop consuming mass market media.

Whites sanitised and hence killed it like they did with jazz and disco

>Actually rock is less affected by SJWs
?????
All rock we have left is Tame Impala and a few others which is 100% SJW

Rap videos are gay as fuck. Only men chimping around.

Too complex. Hip hop is a much simpler genre.

SHIIIIINE ON YOU CRAAAAAZY DIIIAMOND

White people killed rock like you do every genre. Rock was once soulful and spirited. White people turned it into this.

youtube.com/watch?v=9Ht5RZpzPqw

The early rock and metal artist like Maiden, Zepplin, Black Sabbath still contained blues influence. Later bands stripped all the soul from the genre, and it stagnated becoming the screamo shit of the early 2000s.

>rock is less affected by SJWs

Are you dense? Rock music is entirely made by effeminate social justice supporting men these days.

Five Finger Death Punch is a shit band and there is 0% SJW in them. They are popular now. Meanwhile all rap singers are SJWs.

>some fags standing around making BIG GUITAR RIFF and LOUD DRUM
>complex

Kek

Look at this shit man this is perhaps more cringe than some niggers flashing around their gold chains
youtube.com/watch?v=p8NQUbLQGio

Way more complex than making rhymes with the same melody in the whole song. Also with 10 guys almost kissing or hugging you in the videoclip.

Rock is technically much more impressive than rap, it is modern baroque.

Music festivals here are still huge, but now they often have more than one type of music.
This is the kind of bands I saw in Europe.

Attached: Scan_0001.jpg (1162x2463, 603K)

Other than Royal Blood I can't think of a single good rock band from the last 5 years or so. Dead genre.

Rock is already dead
t. listens to the who on repeat 24 hours a day and also voted to leave the EU because Roger Daltrey said so

Royal Blood suck ass

In that case the genre is completely dead since they're still the best they've got.

Indie rock is still very popular here

Innovation in rock died in the 2000s. Before you had new genres springing up and becoming popular. Hair metal gave way to grunge which gave way to post-grunge and britpop but after that it stalled and hip-hop, a genre which was constantly changing took over. Nothing new is being made that's interesting enough, that's why all the old classics are still very popular.

>citing Led Zepplin as an example of soul

Lmao. They weren’t just influenced by the blues, they outright ripped off old blues songs. They are one of the most soulless bands in existence.

>Nothing new is being made that's interesting enough, that's why all the old classics are still very popular.

Yup, I went to a music fest this summer, all the rock was from the 70's to 90's

pretty much this, but i don't see much more life in hip hop, we've milked it all the way to mumble rap.

It's pretty bad when all the headliners on large festivals that aren't EDM/pop/rap are rock bands such as New Order which pretty much ride on a wave of vintage loving teens

Mumble rap is all music needs to be desu, something to just have on in the background while you chill with a girl on xanax

recently there has been a huge resurgency of synthpop which has got me excited. Now we need some nudisco

yes its the same in the UK indie or folk rock is still popular but is too posh to be fully mainstream like rap. its still semi-mainstream though

It being more complex is a meme. Even Folk music on average utilizes more vocabulary than Rock.

Attached: 45646464.png (899x931, 953K)

I think the newest rock band there was The Killers, and I'm not sure if they're really considered rock.

based retard

No shit. Most of the British bands did. Even that Sting mother fucker was influenced by carribean music.

mumble rap is shit

Not in the near future but I can't see hip hop lasting beyond the 20s. I imagine in today's zoomer climate of being super depressed and shit the time is ripe for grunge to make a comeback. Probably not in the form it was in the 90s but some bastardized hybrid with hip hop. I see elements of it at least, there's a post malone song that's built on a pretty grungy guitar riff.

Blues was literally ripped from the Irish

>Hip Hop
>almost zero melody
>complex

It's better read a book then.

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Hiphop is only beginning it's march man. Back in the 90s it was pretty much forbidden music for white people, in the 2000s we got cringe like Eminem normalising it and today all the 15 year olds and 25 year olds listen to it.
It will take over 10 years before the hype is gone.

Blues come from Africa, American country music does have some roots in Irish music though

Rapfag here. Rap and Hip Hop are filled with homossexuals and SJWs now. It will die before 2024. Print my words.

Attached: images (12).jpg (640x360, 33K)

I think I heard that the Irish influenced Blue Grass music

Its still going strong but there's signs of stagnation, underground depressing shit becoming popular is the first sign of a genre in a midlife crisis.

I'm not saying rock is the most complex genre.

But I am saying that Hip Hop is the least complex.

Hip hop died in the 90's with becoming mainstream, now it's shit and unrelatable to original hip hop

Attached: lutha.png (233x236, 33K)

rap died 15 years ago dumbass

i agree, the old school rappers fucking hate modern rap.

Irish stole it from the Finns

>tfw rock and roll is dead
At least I still have my classics

Attached: 1543546185415.gif (640x360, 2.88M)

I used to get his tv channel called International Music Feed.
I miss being able to see rap metal from Japan, and Indonesian pop music using traditional instruments, and all kinds of stuff from around the world.

I think people now consume so many other types of media that music has become less popular overall.

Rap will never die, until something else can replace it as party music, and frankly no genre out now can do that. Rock is done. EDM failed to hit it big, it's highlight was Lady Gaga briefly who faded away after everyone got over her antics.

Rap and R&B will stand the test of time.
youtube.com/watch?v=x3bfa3DZ8JM

The only thing that will stop these two genres from dominating is if enough white people like G-eazy, MGK or autotuned white women trying to sound black infect the genre stagnating it.

We accept Ariana Grande, she sounds black. That's the only white we accept. She's ours now and you whites can't have her back!

youtube.com/watch?v=1uJQxq6epDk

Attached: ariana-grande-marcus-hyde-instagram-model.jpg (784x338, 62K)

>Back in the 90s it was pretty much forbidden music for white people
Did I forget the Beastie Boys, Vanilla Ice, and House of Pain were a thing?

give it 30 years and it'll come back

It sells better than ever. Nobody cares about quality when you can change your market potential from black thugs to western teenagers in the 10-25 age range.
Music has been full of gays, jews, SJWs and minorities ever since 1900
I do not believe so, sadly. They have their own clothing style now since 5 years with children spending $500 on Supreme hoodies and Nike Air Force shoes.
Hiphop will be the pop of tomorrow. Disney movies will have hiphop playing, night clubs will play hiphop by default, top 40 will be 30% hiphop, etc

I just don't see it going away at this pace.

Because most recent rock bands are for underage girls. Look at this music, it sounds like a music from Twilight lel

youtu.be/Wfo4Jbn1fiY

You should totally forget them, yes.

Attached: 1195187[1].jpg (900x672, 160K)

They play pop music at my gym and it is honestly shameful, it's utter shit. How anyone can listen to it and enjoy it is completely beyond me. It's uninspired and talentless.

>why yes, I am a hiphop music festival with songs about commiting crime, doing drugs and having sex, what gave it away?

Attached: data19153829-6a7ad8[1].jpg (1280x854, 348K)

Notice 99% of public is male and the lonely lesbian black girl there lel

I don't think many pop artists write their own songs these days, that's why they may seem uninspired and talentless

Hip-hop has innovated jack-all in 30 years.

>1992
Grrr, I'm ten times more gangsta than you.
>1997
>2003
>2008
>2013
>2019

Why do you think they were popular? They were curious oddities who went against the norm by being white rappers.

>nowadays

what mean? rock never die, is hardest thing of all. use rock to smash other things. thing die, but rock no

grug think jungle tribe think like monkey

Attached: grug2.jpg (640x640, 52K)

>seem
They are uninspired and talentless

It's also no match for rock as a live genre.

Not to mention Beastie Boys and House of Pain (their 1 song) are nowadays ironic 90s music you hear at shitty bars from time to time after a Britney Spears song.

>who is yung lean

Darrell Abbott = soul
Yngwie Malmsteen = souless

Attached: 20190604-220514.jpg (1920x1080, 272K)

grunge was the height of rock and nobody can dispute that
youtube.com/watch?v=eBG7P-K-r1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=z6QgND6sXbc
youtube.com/watch?v=T0_zzCLLRvE
youtube.com/watch?v=6Ejga4kJUts

>im sooooo sad gonna kill msyelf nnooooooooo (((( - the music
lol

kek

>1 song
t. zoomer
youtube.com/watch?v=qORYO0atB6g
youtube.com/watch?v=WdgLMslbDuY
youtube.com/watch?v=eBShN8qT4lk
youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE
youtube.com/watch?v=07Y0cy-nvAg

because modern rock bands like to flog a dead horse and write stuff that has been already done to death, same with metal

Read again, pal
You can't name me a second House of Pain song that isn't Jump Around without looking it up

Height of rock were attempts to make a woodstock opera by adolescents tripping on LSD 24/7
youtube.com/watch?v=51oPKLSuyQY

The 1975 is just Foreigner for the 2010s but with worse singing.

Legit, it's no surprise EVERY SINGLE ONE of the kings of Grunge, killed themselves.

Rock was pretty much all shitty lyrics about some girl for 30 years. Its the sound of it that matters and rap now is nothing like rap in 1989.

>Yngwie
I saw him live
and every band here I've seen live

Maybe it's dying because so many people sit around their computer and don't go to concerts

Metal is just distorted surf rock

Attached: 1542771848778.jpg (640x480, 53K)

Rap strikes me more as
>1980's
I say a hip, hop, hippity hop
>1990's
>2000's
YEAH WE ON TOP NOW MUTHAFUCKA LOOK AT ALL OF THESE HO'S, CARS AND BITCHES
>2010's
*incoherent autotuned mumbling*

lol i can't dispute that, but grunge was normal music here in Seattle, everybody listened to it.

Festivals are bigger than ever though, it's concerts that are dying.
Yeah I actually like Grunge a lot and think it's cool a region such as Seattle is known for it's own type of music

What about my boy Vedder

Yeah Washington tends to have that effect, maybe it's the weather and the heroin

These are my favorite artists, please rate
also Lana is desperately hiding Marina's huge tits so she doesn't get mogged

Attached: b0b5fcfd73a26c36722ba3e0ef0a0849[1].jpg (450x675, 35K)

>Rock was pretty much all shitty lyrics about some girl for 30 years
Is the only band you've ever heard in your life AC/DC?

Have you ever visited Seattle? I wanted to off myself the second I got off the plane.

Every Dutch concert I went to ended up in a beer fight, you guys love pouring beers all over each other.

Attached: 197a536b42a0a435706c9f0df61d43e6[1].jpg (500x750, 47K)

for me it's groovy elevator music
youtube.com/watch?v=U4U19zwFENs
youtube.com/watch?v=tEJpLDEOivA

Attached: music pepe.jpg (480x480, 23K)