Why does the UK look so depressing...

Why does the UK look so depressing? I fucking hate America and I thank God every day for not making me a filthy Amerimutt and pray that I can return to my home country of Chile soon, but the UK just looks horrible.

Why does it have to be that way? Is it a new thing? My father had an obsession with the UK and British music when he was younger and claims that during the 70s and 80s he would visit London at least once every couple of years but after visiting in 2010 he never went back claiming that it was now full of blacks and Arabs and that everyone seemed sadder.

Attached: high court.jpg (780x1170, 702K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merry_England
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockaigne
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Britbongs will claim it's "culture" and "history" but honestly I agree with you England is such a depressing, soulless fucking shithole.

Personally I think it's because of the heavy use of dark colored bricks in like 90% of building. It just looks very sad.
Britbongs also have terrible furnishing in their homes and are still stuck in basically 50's fashion when it comes to their interior, which makes it even worse.

Decrepit 1950s/60s post-war housing coupled with overcast weather.

Depressing, yes. But it's anything but soulless. There's something very comfy about forgotten sink estates.

>soulless

fuck off you mole, the soul of this place is 75% of what makes it habitable.

Scandinavia is clean and everything is very modern and nice but the people are absolute robots and there's an overbearing sterility about everything.

why is that satellite dish transparent?

what's so nice about Chile? The nature?

Its a long and confusing story.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merry_England
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockaigne

Depressing and grey but never soulless, we have far more soul than boring no fun swedes

Sweden calling anywhere soulless

Seething Nigels

boring soulless culturelet

They're mesh satellite dishes.

Maybe we should go to Ikea more

I guess he just misses his homeland

No wonder they colonize half the world.
i would want to leave that shit hole as well

Whilst I certainly see where you're coming from, and parts of the UK are very grim, on the whole I like it.

Honestly I find America more depressing, driving through small town America is incredibly bleak, whilst the houses are bigger and generally of higher quality the soullessness of it all is truly damaging to your psyche

note: this is based on sub-urban PA, NJ, NY, NC

>NC
NC is somewhat shit but it has SOUL

>UK depressing town
>constantly overcast sky
>terraced post-war housing
>archaic interior furnishings
>most interesting place is the train station

>US depressing town
>everyone addicted to heroin
>literal drug whores
>gun violence
>nobody helping the police because big pharma pays the hush money

Yeah, UK looks depressing in a lot of places, but when you grow up somewhere that looks depressing you stop noticing it
just ask finland

Terraced houses are the UK version of commie blocs and are a lot nicer in comparison

i always thought the UK looked comfy and have been thinking of moving there but havent for other reasons. maybe when im an old fuck i will try to retire there

>UK has no drug problems
Bruh...

at least in US the kebab isnt made of little white girl

whom are you quotting?

Depends where you live, obviously

>Scandinavia is clean and everything is very modern and nice but the people are absolute robots and there's an overbearing sterility about everything.
This is definitely true. It's probably why we kill ourselves so often despite doing well in statistics such as education and healthcare.

yeah our kebabs are made of eastern european girls that aren't very good at holding their breath

At least they're not g*rmany

uhhhh ok italian atleast i can drink my tap water

Isn't Scotland even worse than the US in terms of overdoses?

thought you liked germany
...or did you change your mind again?

218 per million, per year in Scotland
217 per million, per year in the US

UK-wide it's 150

>thought you liked germany
wat

Yeah but its mostly lowlife losers. In the US it even effects the middle class

shite architecture and the fact that most of the population look like inbred swamp creatures

>Honestly I find America more depressing, driving through small town America is incredibly bleak, whilst the houses are bigger and generally of higher quality the soullessness of it all is truly damaging to your psyche
>note: this is based on sub-urban PA, NJ, NY, NC
I live here and I've never thought that.

>and pray that I can return to my home country of Chile soon, but the UK just looks horrible.
but chile is worse than both the uk and america?

I've never known any junkies who weren't trailer park-tier.

you were born into it, you're living inside Plato's cave

Every time something a little bit good happens, we let it go to our heads and go overboard. For example, if our economy picks up, our government goes overboard and spends a ridiculous amount of money on the assumption that the good times will continue forever. Or if a sports team wins something, they party all year. Or if we invent something, we make try to milk that exact product as much as possible. But as a result, inevitably the good times end and the government now has billions in debt and can't afford to maintain the thing they just wasted money on, the sports team that didn't train all year gets thrashed the next, and someone like the USA or China either buys out the company for a quick buck or starts selling improved versions of the product, leaving the British companies and workers behind. We have no ability to think ahead, nor care about the future, everyone just wants rewards now.

Another attitude we have is the "good enough" attitude. We never try to seek to improve a situation or make something more efficient; we do the bare minimum effort, then if it works, that's good enough. You can see this everywhere from the products we manufacture to government levels like the NHS.

This sense of apathy probably comes from the fact we have nothing to strive for, we don't have any pride in anything; probably partly because we know that the government will ultimately come along and ruin it by banning it or taxing it to death or strangle it to death with red tape or allowing cheaper foreign imports.

You're just blind. They keep it together for years before they go full junkie sometime. With a scrip is not hard to be a functional opiate addict

Truth. From upstate NY and pa as a kid. Moved to cali for 2 years and actually cried when I went home. Shit is being devastated fast and I'm sure it was shit when I was there

>everyone addicted to heroin
Not everyone after all theres a diverse range of drugs like flakka

Attached: Thriller nights.gif (435x250, 1.99M)

Of course it is, he is just baiting

Because the UK unifies all the bad things of the US without any of its advantages and all the bad things about Europe without the upsides. One example: housing. The UK has a very liberal housing market with very weak protections for renters like the US(contrary to most European countries) while at the same time not offering the same abundance of property and space. The same is true for virtually any other aspect of British society, like the electoral system or employment rights.

thanks thatcher

Wait doesn't CA have the nation's biggest homeless population?

Attached: 98765.png (1535x245, 35K)

>Unironically thinking Chile is better than the US

Lmfao you’re probably a 5’ 6” mestizo with bitch tits and a tiny little brown microdick

10% percent youth unemployment is exceptionally excellent. This guy has no idea what he is talking about.

Atleeism really totally destroyed the social fabric of the country, especially its entrepreneurial spirit. It made everyone into a nation of jaded nanny-state losers.

>electoral system
I think FPTP is a terrible system, but so is the US'. Voting for a single presidential candidate makes it all about personality over policy. Never mind the fact winning the popular vote can be still lose an election.

go back home paco

>Never mind the fact winning the popular vote can be still lose an election
Not this bullcrap again.

Because it is. It's mostly the fault of tories letting our industries decline and putting in no plan to create more jobs beyond deregulating the City of London.

Brits have been lied to by their political class and led to believe that switching to a more proportional system like STV will get rid off local constituencies while there are systems like MMP that retain both, proportionality and local constituencies.

It's not just that, the regulations are so patchwork, complicated and changes all the time that it just becomes such a huge mess that people are actively discouraged from renting or hiring people, etc. The picture is a good example, yellow books are UK's tax laws (17,000 pages of loopholes and clusterfuck), the blue book is Hong Kong's tax laws (276 pages).

Attached: Hong Kong v UK Tax Codes.jpg (1024x1370, 212K)

>Complexity bad

>so depressing
Bro you have to take a look at provinces of russia. Cause IT is depressing. Really.
I have never been in UK but if someone asked me "dude you where do you want to be reborn, UK or russia?" I would be answer "UK of course!"

Attached: 00s.jpg (1100x732, 343K)

Well given the management of Brexit by the Tories and Labour has hemorrhaged many of their voters to fringe parties, support for a proportional system is definitely growing.

Why do people give the UK so much shit?
Yes its not perfect but its nowhere near as bad as most Jow Forumsards and Jow Forumstards say it is.
I understand alot of you hate us for retarded reasons.
Serious answers please no memes

Attached: 60112762_680893569048321_341950491063781812_n.jpg (480x480, 36K)

So what's the deal with Scotland?

>I suffer in the first world

Attached: 1557160515092.jpg (222x293, 11K)

Pretty much all places are bad, lad. Every place gets their fair share of shithole memeing and more often than not it's true. Doesn't mean the entire country is shit of course, but it can be generalized as such.

Sweden is also a shithole btw. Lovely country geoghraphically, but my god it's depressing to actually live here with all that Yes-shit going on.

>Sweden is also a shithole btw. Lovely country geoghraphically, but my god it's depressing to actually live here with all that Yes-shit going on.
...and the part where it's dark about 20 hours a day during wintertime.

>..and the part where it's dark about 20 hours a day during wintertime.
No, that's top comfy.

welcome to Jow Forums mate
every country gets shit on proportional to the number of users on the site from that country

capitalist urban planning is absolute trash, even residential areas full of commieblocks that haven't been properly maintained for decades in Belarus and Bulgaria look better

Attached: brit city.jpg (2976x3968, 2.41M)

Add sunlight to that picture and it becomes 50 times better looking!

Pretty much all the big cities are damned to hell. Out in the sticks is where it's nicest. If you're gonna visit the UK take a trip to the Peak District as some of the smaller towns there have lost none of their culture.

>Why do people give the UK so much shit?
1.Our 19th century imperial endeavours have not endeared us to much of the world. We were nowhere near as evil as the Belgians and French but we did exploit countries and partially cause mass famines in Ireland and India.
2. The British working class are something else. There is a really bad culture here of stupidity, laziness and hedonism amongst the English working classes. They behave like cunts when abroad and make Britain look bad.
3. A lot of Jow Forumstards hate the UK because a lot of high finance capitalism originated from the UK. Since 1688 (Glorious Revolution) we have had a Rothchilds independent banking system.
Also, it may seem hard to believe but a lot of the individualist/personal liberty philosophy originated from England (John Locke, Thomas Paine, John Stuart Mill).

>Personally I think it's because of the heavy use of dark colored bricks
SWEDEN YES

where at in upstate buddy

Thing is, the UK is a very comfy place to live if
you have your shit somewhat together. The worst part by far is just the ugliness of the people. I didn't realise how bad it was until I went to Poland and saw the contrast. Comfy society = no motivation to take pride in your appearance.

>We were nowhere near as evil as the Belgians and French
Ahahahhaha

It’s true lad. Read about Belgian colonialism in the Congo. Shit is fucked up. Most of our atrocities were famines in colonies where we just did nothing and let people starve.

>Halal Meat

kek

Attached: 1564156666325.jpg (480x479, 43K)

Size of that lad
Absolute unit

>Sweden is also a shithole btw.
Firsties are so fucking delusional