What happens here...

What happens here? Do all the residents living in Transnistria agree that the place they live in is indeed Transnistria or do some believe it is Moldova? For example, the region claimed by Palestine is mostly under Israeli control. Is the area claimed by Transnistria mostly under Transnistrian control?

Attached: Transnistria_in_Moldova_(de-facto)_(semi-secession).svg.png (800x983, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mvdpmr.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

basarabia e romania

It's the good part of Moldova

It doesnt exist
see

Transnistria is basically its own country. The residents' feelings about where they live have no bearing on who owns that piece of land (i.e a separatist government). It's a pro-Russian, Moldovenist state, in that they want to get closer to Russia and don't consider themselves Romanian, instead opting to write with cyrillic characters and such.
The rightful Moldovan government can't do shit about it, and that's where all the industry is, so unfortunatetly , whether they like it or not.

Rightful heir to the USSR.

Attached: IMAGEN-16884488-2.jpg (940x700, 88K)

Actually no, Transnistria is as far from communist as you can get. A huge conglomerate of oligarchs called Sheriff basically owns the entire country. The Soviet shit is just memorabilia.

So, basically, a Soviet Union themed theme park?

Girl looks like a gypsy

Yes, basically.

How do you get a passport form there? Can you buy citizenship, or will that get you arrested?

They're probably busy just trying to get by and don't have time to think about all of that

I met a guy from Tiraspol in my state, and he said he plans to go back there once he saves some money and can buy some modern equipment (from Russia) for his family's farm. He says it's kind of nice over there in terms of climate, food, wine, etc. It's just poor.

you'll probably meet problems within the US itself because of you getting a passport from an unrecognized break away region

The Russian empire conquered the Binders fortress from the Ottoman Empire, since it is the Western bastion of Russia, the inhabitants of Transdniestria are the greatest patriots of Russia more than the Russians themselves, They usually choose military service, almost all have weapons, as they are always ready for defense

You could probably get away with buying citizenship. I think this is their ministry for internal affairs, but I don't know Russian so I can't find my way around mvdpmr.org/
Why would the US give a fuck about him getting a piece of paper with no value outside of said breakaway region?

They're probably divided with a strong majority supporting secession but what matters is that the separatist government maintains control so it is a de facto country. It's just mostly unrecognized.

Because the businessmen who govern Transnistria are blacklisted by foreign banks and are sanctioned in most developed countries?

You do business with those kinds of people but i wouldn't risk it

Sure, but how does that affect OP? I mean, supposing he wanted to stay there, he'd have to get his paperwork in order, and that's not his fault, it's the separatists'.

The US doesn't recognize nor have relations with them, so they don't care. Now if I used it at the airport - I guarantee you'll get in major trouble.
I don't see anything about citizenship laws

I mean USanon, sorry.
Me neither, but you could get in touch.

> As they don't care

The US has an active military presence in the form of a base near Brașov, and it's not for sightseeing.

We're talking about Transnistria, not Romania.

The base in NATO allied Romania is a direct response to the stronghold that is Transnistria, and Russian interests in the Black Sea.

I am sure that if they could have plopped bases down directly in Moldova, they would have by now.

>he'd have to get his paperwork in order

And get in trouble with the central authorities

There are moldovan check points now in Transnitria, everything that goes in and out is monitored closely

I live near Brașov and I have literally never heard anything of note about a US military presence here.

I know for a fact that there are Russian soldiers and equipment outside Tiraspol. It would be interesting if the US were to put troops in Moldova. I would assume that we'd use Georgia, but...

That's because of weapons smuggling

Don't kid yourself, Russian "peacekeepers" could storm the rest of Moldova any day

Sheriff reminds me of Shinra.

see If you manage to do it online very discreet by shady means and remotely then it's a chance but going there directly and applying yourself in person is just full retard.

>He thinks Transnistrian smuggles only weapons

The range is from Uranium to Humans

I don't see what's that have to do with anything. If he wants to make a passport by himself in person, it's not a likely chance, but a guaranteed chance he'll get in trouble with the central authorities and even be unable to fly back home

That's what I like about that part of the world. You can get things done remotely. I am eligible to get Russian citizenship through my Father. His Grandfather immigrated in 1912 - since Putin changed the laws, I can get it. BUT I do not speak Russian. When I was over there 2 years ago, my friends say that all I need to do is hire a lawyer and it can get done. I like that.
>The range is from Uranium to Humans
Weeew m8

Sorry, I couldn't help but think of that when you mentioned "Moldovan checkpoints" as if those were a force to be reckoned with, kek, but, memes aside, you're probably right

It's by Cincu, a little off from the city but the same county.

My uncle served here in army as "peacekeeper",nice place and nice people,and they just don't want to be part of Moldova or Romania,thats it

>they just don't want to be part of Moldova or Romania
But they want to be part of Russia ofc

Attached: 518.gif (200x200, 231K)

Don't most Moldovans want this too?

No.

Yeah I remembered it after posting, but I'm not sure how big a deal it is

>Cincu
Nice town

Attached: Cincu, Romania 1.jpg (960x553, 119K)