Is food expensive where you live?

Is food expensive where you live?

Attached: FB_IMG_1563618162295.jpg (1004x996, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

santepubliquefrance.fr/determinants-de-sante/nutrition-et-activite-physique/articles/nutri-score
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no it isn't

I've never seen either of those things for those prices.

Fruits are.
And steaks.

I love entrecote steaks.

Yes.

In terms of PPP, no. In terms of U.S. dollars, very.

Most people who struggle paying for food have shit spending habits and buy a lot of pre-made/microwave food, so I'd say it isn't that bad.

>$0.00

Attached: gigachad gardener.jpg (1242x1394, 674K)

Not at all
Interestingly, here you can get sliced carrots instead of fries at FatDonalds

No. Healthy food is much cheaper. Whenever I go outside to eat I'm surprised by how small the portions are and how much it costs. Chicken breasts and rice are pretty cheap. I go outside and get a pathetic BLT that's tiny and I pay $5-6 because the restaurant thinks I'm on a fucking diet. The "healthy food is more expensive" meme is bullshit

yes and no

We do apple slices here instead.

This image is so inane though. You could get uncut fruits for a similar price as the French fries but if you want a variety and have them pre cut into a plastic cup then of course you’re going to pay more for it.

Tbqh, OP, this is based.
Learn to buy fresh fruit from the market instead of cutted and boxed. Anyway yeah, italy is one of those countries where water is cheaper than other drinks and raw/non prepared is cheaper than baked/cutted/frozen. We just still have the culture of cooking and preparing our own food

Fruits and vegetables are really cheap wtf is this shit. Reason why you're fat is that you can't cook and buy premade dinners and other shit

The cut fruit in boxes always costs more because you're paying for the act of cutting them up and storing them

Countries where water isn’t free or close to it are idiotic.

>Anyway yeah, italy is one of those countries where water is cheaper than other drinks
Well no shit you can use as much water as you want for like 10€/month

I see the problem. Paying $1 for such a small chunk of fries, when you can get 1.5kg and make a huge batch

You just rephrased exactly what I said.

no

a plate like this costs $6 on average
very cheap for the quantity and quality

Attached: image.png (750x1000, 1.77M)

Haha are they fried too?

Most people here don't know how to cook to save their own lives. Chicks can't cook and eat their meals after Timothy takes them out to eat. Most guys can't cook until they get married and their wife learns how to make Mac and cheese that's premade and needs to just be microwaved

a good chad meme
nice

Americans can't cook
I explained it in further detail

side dish fries in pub are 2-3usd and frozen in supermarket are mostly 2-5usd for kilo depends on brand

Rice+Beans it's the most thirdy combo out there.

>why don't you cook? It only takes 5 hours to get a single meal going
I'd rather just stick to eating plain chicken and raw vegetables

looks pretty shit

Just buy whole potatoes and make fries yourself. Tastes much better and is much cheaper.

Actually it is to cheap.

I thought brown people food was spicy

It's only expensive if you're dumb. Raw veggies are perfectly affordable, as are eggs.
Add some chicken or any other meat and you have a perfectly good low carb meal.

No.

sure but most people are lazy fucks

personally I hate fries

cheapest in tesco is kg for 1usd

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 20.57.00.png (918x385, 207K)

Only Indians, Thais, and some chinks eat spicy food. Mexicans carefully experiment with chilis too.

>I've never seen either of those things for those prices.
6-8 dollars for small fruit box is typical CBD price, not that any sane person would pay that

the most expensive in tesco is 5usd for kilo

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 20.57.12.png (919x381, 216K)

I'm not talking about tap water, which of course I drink daily. But even bottled water, abroad I often saw it more expensive than coke, flavoured water, beer etc. It's the cheapest thing here

breddy cheap overall desu

>tesco
based
$0.74 USD for 1kg

Attached: Capture2.png (700x608, 364K)

Here it’s almost always the cheapest. Unless you’re counting the branded water like Fuji which is just a scam.

No its dirt cheap. Its actually the cheapest in all of europe

Not that much.
Pic related is from 2€ to 2.50 depending on where you live.
It's 840g, so enough for two typical adults.
It's tasty and ranked A on the nutrition scale.
Eat with a small salad before, then small serving of cheese and bread, then fruit and you've enjoyed a healthy meal for a reasonable price.
Plenty of other options like this.

Attached: cassoulet.jpg (380x380, 35K)

I live in Prague and I spend about 3-4 euro a day for food as a vegan, so no. here in the states it looks more expensive but im not sure

yes the fuck it is

Why would anyone buy bottled water in the first place

Do you really do that, french?

In Italy the faucet water is not drinkable, also you cant flush toilet paper.

>Learn to buy fresh fruit from the market
he implied that he grows food himself, RETARD

Attached: soymilkwojak.png (800x750, 106K)

Iceland have actually quite expensive fries
these vegan bistros with price per weight are cheap and good

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 21.05.03.png (907x635, 241K)

>ranked A on the nutrition scale
What is this nutrition scale you speak of?

What do you mean by can't cook?
People can't boil some pasta, grill some meat, slice some vegetables and make a salad?

>small salad
I don't get it. When I went to france, almost everyone was thin and you eat really fucking packed stuff like that. Fucking frog genes.

and its more expensive than MaS, quite shocking

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 21.08.10.png (826x497, 161K)

Some people find that tap water tastes bad (it does in some cities compared to others) or they're scared about kidney stones; tap water is in reality more controlled, often, than bottled waters, and so healthier. Also some people want it sparkling. All I drink is tap water, coffee and tea coming out of it, and sometimes alcohol, and I agree some places have better water but it's still always nonsense to buy it imho

>choose between salt overdose or sugar overdose
I'd rather just starve

It's pretty cheap due to farming subsidies, cheap foreign imports, and very high efficiency
I suppose they're relatively expensive since they're imported from the UK but they're also parsnip chips not potato which could make a difference. I'm also quite surprised that Iceland is MORE expensive than M&S. That would never happen here

bitch ass nigga

We can flush toilet paper.
RETARD I got that, but not everybody can grow their own food, takes time and space. Buying a whole melon by summer instead of a sliced one by winter is possible for quite everybody though

>it actually rains where he lives
lucky bastard

>i buy a whole melon because it's cheaper, no one else in the whole planet realized it, why yes my IQ is over 4000 how could you tell

Attached: tu2.jpg (785x731, 101K)

yeah its weird, MaS is in centre with prime locations while iceland is mostly in in commieblock suburbs

as a poorfag it has been quite helpful

similar thing here
M&S is in town centres and Iceland isn't

Apparently somebody buys cutted packed fruit, as they sell it
They're not dumb, one must have a reason for buying that, but I don't know what it is

the best and so cheap, not hard to prepare either

taste is really good though and generous quantity, that's the point in this price range

The past tense of cut is cut.

The "nutri-score", which I believe is mandatory (or will become) in France. Imposed by law, enforced by the ministry of health after consulting scientists.

A label which classifies food into 5 categories, from 'A' to 'E'.
The ranking is composing and complex, but if favors food which:
- are close to the recommended doses of everything
- aren't processed (or not a lot)
- don't have shitty additives

If you read French:
santepubliquefrance.fr/determinants-de-sante/nutrition-et-activite-physique/articles/nutri-score

Attached: Nutri-score.png (700x379, 42K)

Thanks, you're right

>I don't get it. When I went to france, almost everyone was thin and you eat really fucking packed stuff like that
Known as "the French paradox"

But cassoulet, while yummy-looking and delicious, is actually really healthy. And since it is filling, even gluttons can't overeat.
There are a lot of other old recipes like that.

I buy them for things like melons because when I'm in school I live alone with limit fridge space. If I buy an entire melon than most of it would go bad. Things like bananas,apples or oranges I buy by the bulk because I eat that stuff a lot

they sell cut fruit because it's an escamotage to use fruit that have gone past it's age
then they will turn it into juice

yes

the only place it might be more expensive is norway or somethin

Just make a melon party with your friends?
Oh.

>Have melon
>Decide to throw melon party
>Have no friends
>Eat melon alone

Aren't melons basically water, so why not buy a bottle of water instead?

>melon party
that's actually somewhat fun

>cut hole into melon
>dump a bottle of rum into it
>eat sweet goodness that gets you buzzed

;_;

Makes sense, I have the same problem. As I don't like to buy such stuff and it's expensive I end up eating the same thing for a week. I also freeze a lot of what I buy and cook of course. Not the melon, such a thing ends in one meal for me
I wish honestly. If they were selling more "old" and ugly fruit for little price I would buy those, for ex. for jams. Too often they just throw it away for legal reasons

>that's actually somewhat fun
Yes it is, that's why I suggested it. Any kind of food party is fun.
Watermelon smashing is even better.

All fruit and veggies are mostly water... They have sugar, vitamins, fibers and taste different than water though?

Don't worry about my water consumption BUDDEH. I drink plenty of it
I buy a lot of chicken in bulk and freeze it. Freezing fruit isn't an option though because when they come out it's just not the same

Yeah I freeze meat and fish mostly.
If you have old fruit you can make some jam or dessert which can be frozen
Let's just gather with the french for a melon party

both wrong

>taste different than water
Many compounds change the taste of water even in minute amounts.
Sometimes as little as 10E-10 concentrations or even less.

humans are basically water as well

Yeah... But fruit just tastes good, as I was answering to that user wondering why to buy melon

Even if you don't have friends, can't you take turns buying stuff and cooking with people around your place? saves time as well as money. You don't have to eat together.
Or trade? I give cherries, apples and pears from the trees in my garden to neighbors (couldn't eat all so it's either neighbors or birds/wasps), and in return they sometimes give me a plate of their homemade stew or bottle of family secret soup.

If he's a student living alone probably lives far from fruit trees or any countryside thing.. also we have it kind of easier but Americans can't go out of the city without taking their car most of the time. I feel it, I live in the city too and all I can have atm is some basil and thyme
Based french anyway.

Last year I unironically lived with 3 people and I didn't know their names after living with them for a year. I've got some friends who are my teammates but we don't invite each other over for melon parties. Most of it is just my friends throwing parties and I go to their places

Yes and its not widely available and its terrible quality.

Attached: 1560321630443.png (92x116, 15K)

That sounds horrible user
Bring your melons at the parties though lol

Do what, open a can and use the microwave oven and buy lettuce, camembert, baguette and apples?
Yes we do.

Yeah having no car here=death and the countryside is really far from me. Most of my food is pasta or rice with spicy chicken but I don't have the life he has where I can just collect a bunch of apples from a tree

no, thankfully we have a good food culture and it's also pretty cheap

Wasn't that bad. I lived in a shitty house where there was carpet everywhere and there were little rugs on top of the carpet. I'd walk to school every day for 20 minutes and if it rained I'd just wear flip flops so my shoes don't get ruined. The only thing that ever made me sad was my grandpa dying. Everything else was shitty as well now that I look back at it but it never bothered me

You don't need to know their names, I live near "the macaron granny", "the Russian duchess" (who probably isn't a duchess and may not be descended from white Russians either", "the bouguignon stew lady" and so on.
I'm probably known as the "cat guy" or something.

So everyone around you would know the nicknames for everyone else except their own?