looks nice :3
what's bad about it

Build your own house

>combining greek and victorian styles
>absolutely functionally useless windows and aesthetically misplaced
>putting a lawn fence on your window patio but window fence on your lawn
>flat roof(s), wut
>it doesn't seem to know where it wants its focal point to be
>the inside looks like it'll be even more functionally cramped and useless, especially those side small cupboard-rooms

yikes

Attached: file.png (1280x960, 2.57M)

The building was built in 1907 in what looks like a rural area. You should be grateful there is a building there at all.

>hurr why isn't this random hotel built like a French Chateau???
Because people are limited by time, resources, and manpower. The building is fine.

No amount of time in the world will give you taste

well said

faux pragmatism

The year is 1907, and you are in the middle of nowhere. By grace of god you manage to scrap together enough funds to build the first nice hotel in a 200 square mile radius. There is nothing even remotely as nice as what you have fought so hard to build, you have done what no other person has been able to.

100 years later some virgin on the internet doesn't like your building because it wasn't pretty enough.

It's a decent building

lol Oregon was populated by runaway slave owners anyway, you think they weren't rich

oh no no no no no no n o

Attached: file.png (1280x739, 1.5M)

I call it: MultiCulti

Attached: file.png (700x537, 699K)

Dufur Oregon is literally in the middle of nowhere. 100 miles in every direction is wilderness and mountains.

>The need to accommodate travelers grew along with the town of Dufur. The Balch Hotel was designed by F. M. Andrews for Charles P. Balch, a local rancher and pharmacist. It was built in 1907, and opened on 17 January 1908. When the hotel opened, the cost of a room ranged from $0.50 to $1.25 per night. The hotel boasted that it had hot water in every room, electric lights, and steam heat. At that time, there were only two places in the Dufur Valley that had electricity, the Balch Hotel and Dufur's saw mill.

It was designed by a gigachad rancher and self-taught pharmacist. A guy who in one year did 10x more than you have in your entire life.

You are a virgin wearing pajamas yelling about how this guys building isn't pretty enough and how had you been there, your superior sense of culture and taste would have made this building better. You are a bug of a human being and will accomplish nothing.

That's really nice, a fully modern era home designed in a cozy pueblo style.

I call it: Windoors

Attached: file.png (1280x904, 2.65M)

>hotel room with nearly all the modern comfort was 1.25 USD at the most 110 years ago

fuck inflation man

I call it: never mind it already has a more ridiculous name than I could come up with, it's literally called Mayo Mansion

Attached: file.png (1280x853, 2.56M)

Attached: file.png (500x500, 627K)

It's a brick box. Most structures in the US are built for utilitarian simplicity.

Even this modern shit they build now is simple boxes made with materials in China or maybe Italy, or Germany if it's high end.

much better than the cut-and-paste suburban wastelands

The building looks quite old, probably before electricity was commonplace. Would you want your big brick building to be dark and stinky from candles or would you like some natural light?

American houses look fine. Commieblocks are the real menace.

Ok taking potshots at American structures to impress foreigners is pathetic
Bringing Federal architecture into it is vile
I’d beat the shit out of your runty recent immigrant ass

i like buildings like this. basically all american buildings from like 1870 to 1930 are built like this. big brick boxes but still have lots of love put into the brickwork on the facade.

it's all about the technology of the day. red brick was becoming affordable to the masses due to industrialization and the railroads were allowing bricks to be shipped across the nation quickly. US didn't really have ancient style stone quarries on a large enough scale. you have to realize how quickly the US was developing. thousands of miles of unused wilderness and europeans were pouring into the country by the millions + high birthrate. the country was growing like crazy.

downtown omaha is full of these buildings. the Old Market. it's a really cozy fun area with lots to do.

Attached: uo1sr0fwbo1_500.jpg (500x500, 80K)

fellow nebraskanon or just visit omaha once?

Dude literally no one gives a fuck about shit like this except for literal aspies

My beloved NM. GTFO if you can't appreciate us for what we are.

i live in omaha. I love it here. Grew up near Aksarben

desu I think it's cute and I hope the owner is happy with it

I really like that.

I love NM. Your state is pretty, and the people are nice.

t. Coloradan

based, i live/grew up in papillion