How easy is it to become a Chinese citizen?

How easy is it to become a Chinese citizen?
I'm not a chinaboo or a tankie but Chinese cities look to be very cheap to live in (compared to american cities where living in the downtown area is exclusively for the rich) and it's apparently really easy to bypass the web filters they have there.
Learning Mandarin for the inevitable Chinese cultural takeover doesn't seem too bad either.

Attached: 1564284357046.png (1200x800, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gov.cn/english/service/imm_cc.htm
numbeo.com/property-investment/compare_cities.jsp?country1=China&city1=Beijing&country2=United States&city2=New York, NY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't

Don't do it unless you want your end to be the very mundane and gruesome death by escalator

Please just answer my question, every source just says that you need to be "settled in China" to obtain citizenship but doesn't say for how long or if you need to pass any tests.

This isn’t the place to ask

Essentially impossible unless you marry a PRC citizen or are extremely eminent in some field. Easily Googleable

The grass is always greener on the other side.
You seems not very knowledgeable about living in China. You probably should not be there.

I'd rather live among the bug people in an oppressive government with good boy points and web filtering than have to pay extortionate amounts of money to live somewhere that isn't bumfuck nowhere, especially in an international city like Shenzen.

Shenzhen, Beijing, Shanghai, places like that are not cheap

Living in Beijing, a stereotypically expensive city is still 50% cheaper than living in New York.

I want to cosplay as the tiananmen square tank guy feller if i ever go to china. does this make me a tankie?

>and it's apparently really easy to bypass the web filters they have there
hmm guess again
you have to use VPNs in order to bypass the filter, among which a lot are unstable and could be discovered by Chinese govt and banned at any time, and even if you use the most stable ones like ExpressVPN, Chinese govt can still manage to ban you during certain (political) time periods such as the annual ban around Jun 4 (you get what i mean right).

t. am Chinese and live in China, and this is an American IP bcuz I'm on a travel to the U.S.

Why do they call Chinese bug people

well then, it is not hard if you do some paperworks.
gov.cn/english/service/imm_cc.htm

But I strongly recommend you living there for a while before making such an important decision.
While I understand every country has it own problem, in no way living in USA is worse than China

ur right but a lot of U.S. cities are more expensive to live in
can confirm

Mostly due to the fact that they ignore people in need (injured people on street for example).
But IRL they actually have a good reason, no one wants trouble or get themselves killed because misunderstanding.
Most of time when you help someone people (or their family) will think that you are the culprit and beat the shit out of you.

How are you planning to make money while there OP? If you can make the same salary you do now you will probably save money but if you're going to try to make a living in the PRC you'll probably find that relative to your income housing is actually more expensive, not less

numbeo.com/property-investment/compare_cities.jsp?country1=China&city1=Beijing&country2=United States&city2=New York, NY

This says it's like a third of the cost but the price per square foot is almost the same

My profession can net a median salary of $88k (600,000¥) in Shanghai, which is enough for a 2br apartment in the city centre whole still falling under the 30% (33%?) rule of thumb for rent. I'd assume that would be the same in other cities.

why china exactly

the world is huge, there's plenty of other options across different continents, so why pick china

It's hard and you won't even want it. Enjoy double worldwide taxation.

China in particular has loads of dense, populous cities that aren't really found anywhere else which means better job opportunities and higher pay, in many cases. Most cities have comparatively few cities that match China's.

countries*