Why do westerners love *hiking* so much?

Why do westerners love *hiking* so much?

Attached: 34533.jpg (663x444, 411K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sierraclub.org/outdoors/2016/12/unbearable-whiteness-hiking-and-how-solve-it
youtube.com/watch?v=kXiFgNm9LrQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The views, the smells and the sounds of nature are all very pleasant to me. On top of that, if you're hiking through places you haven't been to before, it becomes a bit of an adventure, which adds to the excitement. It can also be combined with other hobbies pretty easily, such as birdwatching, fishing, camping, photography and so on.

Have you watched 127 hours? It's like you are asking for a painful death.

Is there a better country for hiking than Norway? I really can't think of one

Nope, sorry, haven't watched it.

No idea, but I would imagine Norway's up there at least.

Is there nowhere to hike in lietuva?

Hiking is for bored rich whiteoids only.

Your landscape is incredible mate. The next time I visit Norway I'll stay in cities as less as possible

It's a white man thing, you wouldn't understand.

why ?

since im kid
i always wanted to go explore the nature alone

Good exercise and the views are pretty

also mushroom foraging

Yeah but you didn't, see ?

>westerners
Is that a Russian (Soviet) thing? Hiking was very popular here even before communism and during it as well.

this coming from a lithuanian suicide master

Most people don't.
The majority of Europeans live in ugly, loud cities caged by concrete buildings, who will never travel beyond the reach of a phone tower.

Because they love to suffer pointlessly?

Why do people think hiking is expensive?
Or that when the average person talks about hiking they are talking about some extremely challenging and dangerous rout?

Going to a place for a day hike is nice.
Its good exercise, the views are always nice, and you get to make a whole day of it.

Yea like wtf? Just walk into the woods lol I like it cause I love nature, good exercise and I get stoned

If you do a bit of profiling, you'll realise most of these hikers live in urban areas, big or huge cities.

Imagine this...

You work Monday through Friday in

>a noisy environment (car engines, car honking, motorcycles burps hurting your eardrum, people talking inaudible irrelevant shit, and last but not least, hear more stuff that you simply can't identify what it is);

>the work environment, 8 hours (shitty colleagues, shitty HR, shitty managers, printers working, clicks and clacks all over the place, hear more stupid shit that you don't care nor needed to hear about, telephone ringing, asskissers & dimwits trying their best to talk in a broken English or a jargon business ”technical” vocabulary, and so on...)

>transit to work or home or anywhere else (traffic is always blocked, clogged, always wasting your life in a traffic gridlock, most times hear a siren from a caop car or an ambulance)

Now, I've compressed the reasons why, but after all of this, if you think someone wouldn't be disturbed mentally, you'd be wrong.

So, what is one way these folks get out of the toxic sound & noisy waves that agitates & stresses their senses and brain? They go hiking or retreat to the countryside for the weekend.
Sure, sure, the traffic may be bust when they go and return, but for them, *for them*, it's all worth it until they return back to their job and need to face the urban noisy environment, from their workplace to outside of their surroundings.

>Why do westerners love *hiking* so much?
>westerners
More like cunts mountains, your pic for example is from Poland.

Attached: 1537532685291.jpg (1197x1602, 359K)

look at this and tell me, what do you think?

because it feels and it looks fucking incredible

Attached: 377933.jpg (1080x738, 153K)

This is a cherrypick but think of those people that work in a mall or a supermarket, where they constantly hear music bumping their eardrums or that stupid announcement voice that talks in a fake excited voice about some promotion or discount.
Imagine living through that 8 hours a day (+the aforementioned examples), without thinking to yourself that you need quietness.

not seen it but know what its about. typical touris thing to do here, i cant think of anywhere in my regular hikes thats even close to dangerous like that, unless you are stupid.

Non-Westerner here.

I hate humans, and besides my own room, the only way to avoid hordes of them is in the nature. This is one among many other reasons.

i love hiking but i am an amateur, climbed on dinaric alps at tulove grede, medvednica and lipa

we can go hiking together

could do, i don't have any equipment tho
where have you been hiking?
did u ever go to croatia?

Don't worry guys. Germans got a word for this.

Attached: wanderlust-e1524243995699.jpg (500x468, 79K)

here in Slovenia, Alps are my favorite

>i don't have any equipment tho
that could be a problem

yeah slovenian alps are amazing, i've been mostly on velebit and some in northern croatia
you should go hiking in dalmatia or lika

Attached: tulove-grede-i-podvelebitski-kanal-foto-leonard-kvarantan-a38ca61556aafad08430624a9a5191d9_view_arti (860x430, 91K)

Because wh*te cracKKKas are bunch of primitive cave animals less advanced than PoC so they still have an instinct to roam around in the wilderness like the animal they are.

He did a lot of things wrong. Had he simply told someone where he was going and when he'd be back help would have arrived.

What's not to love? Great views, good air, physical fitness, a contrast to urbanized daily life. I don't know Lithuania very well, but I imagine there are still a lot of rural people living on large properties with some farm animals, and I know those types of people around here, and they'd never get the idea to hike because they already have exercise and connection to nature in their daily lives, but a lot of us live in apartments and work in offices and buy all their food packaged and just need to get away from it every once in a while.

Slavs were the original wanderers though, hence why they were called Wends.

>sierraclub.org/outdoors/2016/12/unbearable-whiteness-hiking-and-how-solve-it

Hiking is racist

>Why do people think hiking is expensive?
Not everyone is middle class you moron.

Nothing else to do where I live. I live in a shitty town where everyone is a 40-50 year old boomer doing construction all day. No good gyms or sports clubs here so the only thing to do is hike

I don’t know user, I’m pretty poor and I can easily afford to walk around the forest for the weekend

holidays.

I feel at ease and home in nature compared to concrete jungles, whether it's fishing by the fjord or bugging out in a pine forrest

If you can afford a computer you can afford to hike. Nobody is suggesting you hike the Appalachian Trail on a budget.

It's a cope for people living near mountains instead of near the sea

As I was hiking in the mountains I realized there is nothing to be sad about in this world. As long as I have arms, legs and eyes - I shall never complain again in this life or the next.
We are so lucky to be alive.
If you stare at the screen all day... everyone will become miserable.

youtube.com/watch?v=kXiFgNm9LrQ

If you are sad you need to do something about it yourself, cos no one else will. It's very hard, but it's easy.

nah

weekend trips are a big thing here

>he doesn't live near both a sea and a mountain

Attached: Grad-Zadar-riva-Velebit.jpg (640x424, 145K)

Chile

Das rite steel from real kangz and queens for we dont even have a good food

It's fun to see new things.

Attached: 1534908898237.png (1005x1637, 644K)

Just go outside

Going to nature is free, I use to do it all the time to escape the house

You can literally just walk outside in the woods or whatever for a few hours. Doesn't have to be far away for days with expensive equipment.

white fags love getting pozzed in forests

They are hoping to pick up some Cute Muslim Men!

I hike, I fish, I take pics, I explore, it's fun being outside

Attached: IMG_1192.jpg (1200x900, 432K)

this

How is it economically efficient to take off study/work to go walk around?
>inb4 Jow Forums
I'm eating

shut the fuck up retard you are like a child asking why people love something so basic

I can't believe you retards are actually respond to this idiotic thread

No niggers, sandniggers or other subhumans in the mountains

Make time or stay on the computer and complain that you cant walk to some park

One of the few stereotypical ’wypipo’ things I like. How come you don’t like it? I’d imagine hiking being a cool thing to do in your neighbour country, Latvia, where they have alot of abandoned things and such. Maybe that would be something for you.

who said it is?

It's just relaxing. Walking is pretty nice.

I take a lot of photos too. It's fun chasing the perfect scenery for a good shot.

I want to start doing animal photography, but the lenses are super expensive.

Attached: 1534408207776.jpg (1176x1176, 183K)

can you afford a fucking train ticket and a bottle of water for the hike? you dont need to fucking climb mount everest you retard. hiking is literally just walking, it doesnt cost you shit unless you travel to weird places for it.

>How is it economically efficient to take off study/work to go walk around?

its a hobby you retard economic efficiency doesnt play a role in it. also there is weekends you idiot.

i dont know, it sounds completely autistic to me and a waste of time

Their daily lives consist of slaving away in constant stress and anxiety, living in unnatural conditions for the human soul. It's not just hiking, experiencing more of nature is proven to help improve people's mental health.

dude, You can walk for decades in the northern region of Québec and you won't have seen 1/10 of it.

It's how I want to go, the day I'll get old or I lost the will to live I'll just walk north and live innawood until the elements take me.

being so gigantic doesnt work in its favour. norway is smaller but mountainous with fjords etc. just endlessy having the same shit isnt great you need to travel much further to see something different.

spare days, weekends? walking around/hiking is literally free (unless is a very popular hiking trail)

Attached: warochiri prov - lima region.jpg (4608x2592, 1.61M)

You name it we have it tho
Thundra, Mountain, Desert, Rock Fields, Falls, various sort of Forests, Plain, Steps, Swamps, ice Fields, if it's cold and it can kill you it's over there.

didnt deny the variety, just the distance between those areas. doubt they are within short enough distance for a day trip. if you have enough time on your hand its great. if its a shorter trip norway is a better bet.

Peru looks like a good place to hike.

Attached: 1538523142057.png (636x514, 98K)

here the indigenous influence gets progressively stronger as you go up the mountains, the natives even farm the mountain slopes (pic, some terraces are also seen in the previous pic)

Attached: sondondo-valley-ayacucho-region.jpg (1920x1013, 398K)

oh yeah big time, a family member of mine went to work in the north and said forest goes farther then the eye can see even when you're in a plane.

Because white people have not been cucked into being peasants who can't and wont into adventure.

I just want a qt nigger gf who is into innawoods, but that is too much to ask. I fucking hate niggers they are too hot

To be honest, I don't really see why Norway would stand out. All countries peaceful countries with mountain regions should be good for hiking.