Why has Latin pop gotten so cringe?

Why has Latin pop gotten so cringe?

It's basically 100% reggaeton now, often features . Reggaeton itself is a ripoff of Jamaican dancehall, but it's much less interesting because it always uses the dembow riddim.

The songs are often recycled old dancehall/reggae songs like this one (features the same melody as Shaggy's it wasn't me). And they're hardly ever solo songs, usually a mix of 3-5 artists, from the same pool of 10 artists. The worst is Anuel AA, he can't sing for shit and he looks like a Brayan retard with a receding hairline.

youtube.com/watch?v=0VR3dfZf9Yg

The videos always feature shitty CGI, lots of hot girls dancing, and corny reggaetoneros dressed tacky as fuck with those ugly Balenciaga skechers shoes. I'm not sure if they're trying to copy African-American fashion, but it looks bad whatever it is.
It is unfortunate because this shit is killing the diversity of Latin music, I'm sure there are many artists doing way more interesting things, but we don't get to hear about them because only Puerto Rican music gets pushed.
Karol G looks weird now, like she got plastic surgery. In both her face and ass.

Attached: j balvin.jpg (900x600, 182K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CLFUhty8EF4
youtube.com/watch?v=Pv0PAchVGCw
youtu.be/stC_LSekh4w
youtube.com/watch?v=DiItGE3eAyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=yzRbO3X2uyE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=CLFUhty8EF4

This song is from Rosalia, probably one of the only large artists in the Spanish speaking world who doesn't exclusively do reggaeton/Latin dancehall.

Her reggaeton song "Con Altura" was a smash hit throughout Latin America and Spain, but she released this (which is a much better song IMO) and it was a dud, probably because it isn't reggaeton.
Why is it so hard for non-reggaeton songs to get popular in Latin America? It wasn't like that ten years ago

I don't know anything about reggaeton, but I want to eat Maluma's ass so fucking bad. No homo.

Latinos are ugly, trashy, and low IQ

Rosalia is Spanish, not Latinx

she makes music for the Latin market. Spain and Latin America listen to the same shit these days

So what that doesn't make her Latinx.

He was cuter before he started dressing quasi-ghetto
Nobody said she was "Latinx", you feminist faggot

She is not Latinx you stupid ass colombusing white faggot. Stay in your lane. Listen to black wannabe Ariana and Miley

Reggaeton was Colombused from Jamaican dancehall, you dumb purple haired faggot

Jamaicans are Latinx

>Two anons want to have a discussion about something
>Suddenly they bring up race for no apparent reason and derail the discussion

Attached: nice.gif (607x609, 821K)

No they're not, they're proud West Indians and they don't give a fuck about people like you

Jamaicans are the innovators, lame Puerto Ricans and Colombians are copycats
one of them is an SJW troll who unironically uses far left SJW terms

West Indians have Latin heritage

youtube.com/watch?v=Pv0PAchVGCw

Attached: 5b2cdc7eac6b7ae637f72ee3f3709076.jpg (480x480, 33K)

They have their own culture going on, they are completely removed from Latin America.

>thread about reggaeton
>it's all american flags

Attached: c43.jpg (450x450, 30K)

this is a US centric site with mostly American posters, what do you expect?
The US is filled with CHIs and they listen to reggaeton too

>why yes I listen to Andalusian pop music how did you know?
youtu.be/stC_LSekh4w

Attached: 1557980242230.jpg (1315x1067, 165K)

this is reggaeton with some traditional Latin touches added

I kinda do think this will lose popularity eventually. People will eventually get tired of this J Balvin/Bad Bunny stuff and want to hear something different

bump

youtube.com/watch?v=DiItGE3eAyQ

I gotta say, Daddy Yankee picks some hot girls for his videos. Like every last one of them is wifable, especially the Puerto Rican looking one in the front

fuck spain

why?

bump

For creating reggaeton

Puerto Rico created it by stealing it from Jamaica

Jamaicans are Anglophone and Black. They have nothing to do with Latin America

other than that Latino artists copy their music

>says while defends the gypsy wannabe

Puerto Ricans are spanish
They have Latin heritage
Are Gypsies the blacks of Spain?

90% of mainstream music here is basically this, pic related is a sample of current hits in Spotify Spain, you don't find this in other European countries. Everywhere you go this shitty music is playing, and people love it. Sometimes I think conquering the Americas was a mistake.

Attached: Spotify EspaƱa (julio 2019).jpg (1169x531, 50K)

yeah, most of it is shitty reggaeton

And look what I said, all the same pool of artists

>exitos espana
>bunch of Puerto Ricans + 3 Colombians

>Are Gypsies the blacks of Spain?
Yes, but even worse. At least it seems it is not difficult to find nice blacks over there.
Maluma, J. Balvin, Anuel, Bad Bunny, Daddy Yankee and few more.
This is sad

why isn't anyone able to break the "Urbano" grip?

Nobody wants. This music came as a simple trend around 2003 along with Hispanic migrants, but almost 20 years later have passed and it persists. This music is everywhere because it is what people want and like, they are too dumb to discover new music by themselves.

I'm talking about Latin America/Spain as a whole. It's a big region yet all of the popular music is in one style and all the artists are mainly from 2 countries?

spotify only recomends latin stuff (reggaeton and the like) because it sells to the international market, people from europe, LOS and latin america buys into that music, as it is easy to dance. Argentina's got some US influence in the last years and there are local trap songs from some notorious artists that make it to the top of the charts, along with reggaeton
Example
youtube.com/watch?v=yzRbO3X2uyE

that shit is so corny

this nigga sounds like a literal retard

yeah, like how can anyone actually like that? it's even worse than American trap music