Finns get 5 hours of daylight in winter

>Finns get 5 hours of daylight in winter
Do they turn into vampires or something?

Attached: img57846.png (1296x709, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nTjyt-6hJQw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes
youtube.com/watch?v=nTjyt-6hJQw

I remember my childhood winters

>wake up
>look out the windows
>pitch black

>eat breakfast, take a shower, put on clothes, jacket and backpack with your books etc.
>open the door
>pitch black
>start walking into it as it swallows you
>head to school, avoid getting run over by cars

>school ends
>it's dark

lmao imagine being seasonlet

In the Northeastern US for comparison it's about 9 hours during winter.

oh and as the video above shows you usually had a few hours of light when getting home and only staying a bit longer would net you a dark homecoming

but in kindergarten mom always came to pick me up at 5 pm when there were no other kids left anymore, I was all alone in the darkness

I'm not sure if stand the constant Summer sun even less

Luckily it's gone

Pussy. In Murmansk sun never goes down for three months in summer and never rises for six months in winter.

I wish it was winter desu, I haven't enjoyed summers in years after I got chronic depression

When I was in my early 20s I would usually get good mood in spring and summer but now it just makes me just more depressed because life is shit. in winter everything is pretty cold and dead so I somehow feel less shitty.

In summer it doesn't even get fully dark at latitude of St. Pete, it looks like dusk/twilight entire night.

Attached: 7u3hevc7apb31.jpg (4608x3456, 758K)

>What does it feel like to live mostly in the dark? In the Swedish winter, not only is daylight sparse but its quality is poor: the dishwater-grey colour makes it obvious why so much modern crime fiction comes from this part of the world. Touring Sweden in the 18th century, Mary Wollstonecraft wrote that the Sun began to convince her “that he came forth only to torment."

Based image

St. Petersburg is south as shit. In Lapland Sun stays up for 5 weeks in a row. It’s not dusk, it’s genuinely like a day out there.

>painting buildings bright pastels dramatically lowered the suicide rate in Iceland during winter
Intwesting.

Attached: ds8c.png (1270x613, 93K)

why must you partake in these pissing contests

it's north enough

St. Petersburg is 59 north and Helsinki 60.

St. Petersburg doesn’t experience polar night or midnight sun, as doesn’t most of Finland. You southroids are just faking it.

No you understand why alcohol is stated controlled and that they have pretty hard-core feminists.

Only comparable place in America is Alaska. Anchorage is just about at the same latitude as Helsinki.

>in winter everything is pretty cold and dead so I somehow feel less shitty.

That's just due to you being Finnish instead of depression.

>not having sleep schedule so fucked that you don't necessarily see sun for over week
Either way i like it when it's dark when I go to sleep

Same latitude as the Mediterranean.

Ok, I checked. Where I live at 40 north, the day length drops to 9 hours from November 14 to January 28. In Helsinki (61 north) the day length goes

Around the first day of fall and spring it's always 12 hours, that's a constant no matter where you live. It's what happens after that point that differs because the further from the equator, the day/night length starts growing or shrinking _rapidly_. Closer to the equator the gradient is a lot shallower.

sounds /comfy/

How's the dead of winter? :^)

Most plants stop growth when the daylight goes under 10 hours. So even if you live in Australia where it never really gets cold, stuff doesn't grow in June-July when the day length is about 9 hours.