Why is Swedish an official language of Finland even though only five percent of the population speaks it as a mother...

Why is Swedish an official language of Finland even though only five percent of the population speaks it as a mother tongue? They should just make everyone use Finnish instead.

Attached: 800px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png (800x489, 1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=smMExj_opBc
scienceblogs.com/gnxp/2008/09/15/the-genetics-of-fennoscandinav
bmcgenet.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2156-9-54
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Some of the more uppity Swedes or Swede-Finns literally demand in customer service that they are spoken with Swedish and it is mandatory in certain official bureaus

You cannot yellow-wash history

fuck you

i'll shit on your face and eat your brains

Don't you guys speak English too?

most of the people who were involved in founding the country spoke Swedish first and the administration up until that point had always been in Swedish, so I suppose it made sense to keep it equal to Finnish.
If you look at it the other way it was quite nice of the Fenno-Swedes. They could've continued using Swedish for ruling but decided to adopt Finnish as the primary government language in order to make the common people feel involved and unify the country despite knowing Swedish would eventually get sidelined.

I don't mind having learnt some Swedish honestly. There's really no downside to it.

Pakkoruotsi

brush your rotten teeth and say that to my face

Because historically, most of the elite spoke and still speak Swedish. Fenno-Swedes are the happiest population in Finland and it's important that they keep being happy.

Mandatory Swedish is good because it trains the brains of Finns. Them being able to speak both Swedish, Finnish and to some degree English is an excellent skill to have.

take your snobby rhetoric somewhere else swede devil

Agreed, Finnish cockroaches should be forbidden to speak Swedish

Calm down brother

once i'm done with you i'll cut your balls and prepare a cake with your balls as a topping. then i'll force your whore mother to eat them

i will be calm in my grave whoreson

You're already dead.

Why do you care? Stupid Europoor go make threads about something else you wh*Te punk

not even death will stop me

Do you want me to sing you a song?

But that's a good thing for everyone

the only song i'll hear from you is the sound of life leaving your body

99% of people cant speak it past the whole "jag heter du" stage

its a waste of money

Estonia has 25% Russian population. And it is totally unacceptable to make Russian official language in Estonia,even tho we still have some Russian boomers refuse to speak Estonian and demand customer service in Russian. Since Estonian is the only official language in Estonia those Russian boomers have no right to get customer service in Russian.

Finland should do something similar with Swedish.

I'm gonna be dual wielding daggers smelling like I just crawled out of a sewer and you expect to stand against me?

Yeah but that's because of recent immigration. Finland has had a Swedish elite since the middle ages and Swedish settlement since the iron age.

Then Finland isn't Nordic and nothing is as important to Finns as being seen as Nordic.

What's wrong with Russian boomers getting customer service in Russian

It's not comparable because our relations are completely different but if Finns want to get rid of mandatory Swedish they can just do it. Nobody is forcing them ya know.

i smell even worse and that is my superpower

Stop responding to Europoor bait threads you retards. They want Nordgoloids to fight for their amusement.

I'll eat your shit motherfucker and then I'll eat my own

That would attract more Ukrainians and Russians to Estonia, and make Estonians minority.

So is it actually happening in Finland?

But in reality most people under 40 can't speak Swedish at all. Just some words and few phrases.

Swedish-speaking population used to be way bigger, some of them just assimilated to speaking Finnish and a few others emigrated to Sweden

Attached: Swedish in Finland.png (400x520, 13K)

you can't handle my shits after i've eaten 2 kilograms of mämmi with heavy cream
the poisonous gases my butthole release after eating them will kill everyone who are within a kilometer's range to me

That's entirely good thing. There is nothing wrong with forcing so hideous nation as Finns to doing things which they don't want

Attached: sniff snöff snörpl.jpg (208x249, 4K)

Good bants, keep training frens
youtube.com/watch?v=smMExj_opBc

You mean Russians and Ukrainians making Finns minority in Finland?
No it isn't, because nobody speaks Russian there

Finland doesn't have Swedes actively trying to take over their country

And today the number is even smaller. That picture always brings smile to my face, can't stop the progress! We won the language strife and now all there's left is to do a mop up duty.

Try again. They literally have the Swedish People's Party as a ruling party in their current government.

Because Finns are subhumans and should be thankful for our Lord and savior Sweden.

There were no nationalities in the middle ages. You spoke the language of who gave you the gold.

2000 5,6%
2010 5,4%
2018 5,2%

That is not even remotely comparable to the Russian Federation's irredentist rhetoric over territory "lost" by the fall of the USSR

but the proportion of Finnish and Sami speakers is also declining, in 1950 Finnish speakers were 91,1% of the population, it went up to 92,4% in 2000 but down ever since, they were 87,6% in 2018

based

>he's not redpilled on the endgame of SFP
lulz

Fennoswedes are forced to pay taxes. If you don't want to service everyone, you should convert all public services to private services.

My guess is that they wanted to distance themselves from Russia and be associated with Sweden instead.

Finnish oppression of Swedish minority

kek no. Finland was literally part of Sweden long before Russia was involved.

No. They made up the concept of Finnish culture (it's just Swedish and Russian stuff mixed together) to do that.

>he's not redpilled on the endgame of SFP
They would even consent to suck 10 000 dicks as long as swedish stays the way it is now.

this 10/10 beauty pulls down your pants, wat do?

Attached: henriksson_anna-maja.jpg (1160x640, 74K)

It's the other way around. But not for long, the fennoswede yoke is slowly being dismantled.

ääääääääjjeee grappppppar nu e ni inte så schyssta här va, ta å lugna ner er lite nu fö faaan.

Those fucking teeth would be a health hazard.

Just press charges for a rape and end her career

Attached: death metal mestari.jpg (868x900, 93K)

would tbqh

>i'll shit on your face and eat your brains
I'd do it the other way around

Attached: 72x8vg4siwc31.jpg (985x1280, 101K)

the duo that saved EVROPA

Attached: Åkesson Halla-aho.jpg (1200x630, 492K)

Beautiful

Because cultural marxism and muh minority rights caught up with us before they were completely gone.
Doesn't matter, though. English will be the language of all of the "protestant north" in a few decades anyway.

Attached: 1562816108215.jpg (832x1000, 255K)

Muh minority rights is actually the reason why you were allowed to speak Finnish in the first place sweetie

the English language should be banned in evropa

Actually, we need to ban all other languages. Multiple languages just lead to confusion.

fuck you gigaboomer, you failed to oppress these finnshits enough

Because they are Finns that just happen to have Swedish as their mother tongue. They most likely aren't anymore related to Swedes than your average Juho.

Svecoman movement= conservative
Fennomans= liberals
Big redpill

Not the Ostrobothnians if you look at the large scale study that puts them genetically closer to Sweden than to other Finns.

>English will be the language of all of the "protestant north" in a few decades anyway.
barely anybody has English as a mother tongue in Scandinavia though, even in India were English has been one of the main official languages since indepence nobody is switching to English only, accoding to the 2011 Indian census, less than 1% of the population is a native English speaker in India

They're Swedish-speaking Finns, ethnic Finns who speak Swedish

Yeah well Ostrobothnians and Ålanders maybe. Otherwise they’re predominanty Finnish according to every FST-distance and autosomal study there is

> Thus, Geneland was able to correctly identify the country of origin of the individuals despite the lower quality of the Swedish data. Interestingly, the county-level PCA...and Geneland...placed the Finnish subpopulation of Swedish-speaking Ostrobothnia closest to Sweden. This minority population originates from the 13th century, when Swedish settlers inhabited areas of coastal Finland...Our result is in congruence with earlier studies where intermediate allele frequencies between Finns and Swedes have been observed in the Swedish speaking Finns.

>closest to Sweden

Ostrobothnian Finland-Swedes are descendants of Swedish settlers. Then we have Ålanders who are just Swedes living on an island that was partitioned to Finland. The Fenno-Swedish elite in the capital cities are mutts however, not that it matters.

scienceblogs.com/gnxp/2008/09/15/the-genetics-of-fennoscandinav

bmcgenet.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2156-9-54

Sure. Finland-Swedes in Helsinki aren't homogenous by any means. Swedish, Finnish, German and who knows what else. I don't particularly care myself whether anyone is "pure" or not as it were, but I find it interesting to look at these populations. Another interesting population to study are northern Swedes.

No.
Only the lack of effort of both the swedes and russians in eradicating the finnish language kept it alive. Minority rights is a very modern phenomenon.
Basically it's not because of the grace of our neighbours, but their incompetence or lack of bloodlust that left the finnish moonspeak alive.

Have you heard actual swedes speaking swedish nowadays? It's riddled with english loanwords and expressions they haven't even bothered to translate. It's a travesty.

>Ostrobothnians are pure Swedes

I’m Finnish speaking Ostrobothnian and here’s my DNA affinity

Attached: B32EE51C-8387-4803-B61D-429D7BF97552.png (934x815, 102K)

loanwords exist in a lot of languages, it's not something specific to English dominance

And here’s my 23andme result.

Now what?

Attached: 6478CEBD-A95E-4F50-A0D0-E2439FA7C6B3.png (404x282, 6K)

Svecoman movement= loyalist imperialists
Fennomans= the IRA
YUGE redpill

Attached: 1528319863242.jpg (700x975, 98K)

>ostrobothnia 84
>sweden 44

pure swedes indeed

I've seen the latter DNA test being posted before. Ostrobothnian Finland-Swedes are Swedish descended, not the Finnish population. Whether or not you're Ostrobothnian or not is something we can't confirm, but as you should know a sample size of 400+ individuals is more representative than a questionable sample size of 1 person on Jow Forums.

Yeah because I’ve posted it various times.

It just boggles my mind how can I be so close to Ostrobothnians (according to various studies there shouldn’t be major differences in Finnish and Swedish speaking folk who live in the same area and the differences are determined by geography) yet only be 2,7% Swedish

You wish, mongoloid downie

Attached: 23174154-origpic-ca7347.png (500x309, 100K)

Yes, but the amoung of english influence in modern swedish is just something else altogether.
And I believe immigrants are only hastening the morphing of the language.

Attached: ntyjytjy.png (704x196, 19K)

This boggles my mind, it's retarded that they have to learn a language they don't need.

seems unlikely that our language will become as anglified as Danish desu unless it happens in Malmö or something.

Never underestimate the power of the beady...

Attached: 1518128492043.jpg (858x536, 60K)

Dude hundred of millions of people work for pennies and live in literal shitholes in India why do you care about autistic shit in Finland?

Shut up India is a great nation.

All these incels who never meet anyone irl spouting their hate. I’ve lived with Swedish speakers all my life (not a one myself) and we get along just like with other Finns. There’s no tension whatsoever and we hardly acknowledge our ”difference”. They’re just Finns, they root for Finland in sports and have Finnish interests.

ok pajeet

And yes they also speak Finnish with Finnish speakers.

>the amoung of english influence in modern swedish is just something else altogether
it's not, and even if it were, some other languages have manged to suvive even though they had a massive influx of foreign words like English with French or East Asian languages with Chinese or Dravidian languages with Sanskrit

In fact one of my friends said he would feel rude speaking Swedish with a person who doesn’t speak it natively.

De jure, yes. De facto, no.

I can say ursaktä jag talar inte svenska jätte bra kan vi talar engelska and that got me through university-grade swedish.

RKP PSYOP. Don't believe (((them)))

Because Finland was once part of Sweden and will hopefully, not too long from now, return to us.

Attached: rusu.jpg (1280x720, 228K)

Really? I read something about needing swedish if you don't want to work with low skilled jobs. Good that it is not the reality.

How would that even work? Unless buying stuff in your shops automatically makes one a citizen of Estonia, no one's going to be able to use it to move there. And even then people would probably just flood to Western Europe because there's absolutely nothing holding them there.