How are you coping with depression, Jow Forums? What's the thing holding you from ending it all?

How are you coping with depression, Jow Forums? What's the thing holding you from ending it all?
For me it's my cat, without me no one would look after him and I love him very very much

Attached: yet another wojak.jpg (400x400, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2uoG8yy5s78
youtube.com/watch?v=feGPYY9XWN8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>i suffer in switzerland
Fuck off

This. How can mountain jews even be depressed?

literally this
switzerland is probably the best all-round country in the world while some of us have to suffer in a country with no culture, hardly any beautiful sights, hardly anything good

fuck you op

Attached: Mountains-Switzerland-Bernese-Oberland-High-Resolution-Wallpapers.jpg (1920x1080, 740K)

I'm not depressed.

Attached: Big guy #1.png (175x288, 36K)

More likely than you'd think

I got out of my depression like a year ago, but what held me from kms back then was my parents. My mom in particular would not take it well and I couldn't stand the thought of it. I swore to myself I wouldn't do it so long as they're alive.

I've been through three major depressions so knowing that it will pass in a couple of months is enough to push through

Whenever I feel down I go on Google Maps and take a stroll across a worst areas of the planet like Subsaharan Africa, Central America, Central Asia, Detroit... suddenly my own ghetto in this third world country full of poverty and dangers doesn't look so bad (although it still sucks and depresses me)

You should try this. Good luck.

i dont care about anything including killing myself. theres no reason to do it so im just maintaining status quo.

Attached: 1543214176058.gif (500x715, 804K)

God.

I've been having suicidal thoughts since I was 16. I tought nothing of it because I was young but with years I got myself in very ugly spots. I've had moments where I was truly happy like in 2017, but most of the time I'm miserable and I struggle more with coping with it. It gets to the point where I can lay in my bed for days without eating or drinking. I havent left my house in 2 months now

I'm not op, but I suffer too. You're just a massive retard to think that nice mountains and a garnished bank account make up for a lack of human connections or an existential crisis.

For the longest time my cat and parents existing held me back. Also it was apparently so blatantly obvious that I was suicidal that multiple people told me they wouldn't want me to die.
One way or another, was about to kill myself but had the good sense to call my mom. I don't believe in something as retarded as an afterlife, so I figured if the end is absolute I might as well bear some sadness of rejection before I kill myself since it won't matter afterwards anyways.

Against my predictions she and even my father were undertsanding brought me home, got me to a psychiatrist, he gave me Sertraline after two 1 hour sessions, I took it, holy shit all my problems were nonsense and the only reason I'm depressed is because my brain is shit and broken.
Took Sertraline for 6 more months with monthly checkups with the doc, then over the course of a month I phased it out, and here I am, better than ever before and feeling stupid for almost losing to what is essentially a shitty little disease.

Living in a place like that doesnt make it easier. I often find myself up in the mountain, laying alone in the grass while looking down at the valley. You're alone with your toughts and it's not a nice thing when you're struggling in life

I'm seeing improvements in my life from what I try and I believe someday I will be fine.

what are you struggling with

>Against my predictions she and even my father were undertsanding brought me home

I wish I still had my parents :(

>I have depression

Attached: 1556131894057.png (1152x1008, 354K)

Do you have friends or anyone in the family to speak to? I get that you probably aren't thrilled to share with them that you're depressed, but as you can see from my example it can't hurt. If you get rejected it's still the same as before.

at fucntioning like a normal human bean

>Subsaharan Africa, Central America, Central Asia, Detroit
I would rather live in any of these places than Mexico

>my cat
based

Attached: acid_picdump_57.jpg (700x689, 59K)

Are you on any meds? Have you concidered a voluntary commitment to an open psych hospital? It's not like in the movies (atleast not here) if you're clinicly depressed and not a criminal

by becoming an UBERMENSCH

Attached: images (15).jpg (620x390, 22K)

i just tell myself i dont have it

I have no one. My friends from school moved to other countries, all my family is dead, I don't even have a cat like OP. And I'm mildly autistic so I struggle making new connections.
But against all odds I wouldn't even consider myself suicidal, just chronically depressed.

No, outside of this website I never really talked about how I really feel, I just lie to everyone

I feel you. I managed to go on when my friends where here, but now that they're all busy I never see them, I'm completely falling apart

gondola :D

The biggest cope I've found is having structure. My absolute low points were during summer and winter breaks while I was still in uni and not having to hold myself up to anything. Having a salaried job has helped immensely although there are days where I wake up and feel nothing but self doubt and wonder if I should just quit. Can't cure it but you can live with it. That, as well as reminding myself that it's pointless to be so worried about no gf or no kids.
>What's the thing holding you from ending it all?
My self-determination and knowing that there's a chance things could get better later rather than a guarantee it won't be better if I die now. I'm going to die one day, so I may as well try to find something that makes me feel happy while I'm still alive. Also I haven't really planned anything but if I think it's time to go I don't want to make mistakes and end up alive but in agony.

Attached: 1424638265579.png (415x403, 8K)

cat good
depression bad

Attached: acid_picdump_112.jpg (560x700, 76K)

youtube.com/watch?v=2uoG8yy5s78

this song cures depression after 1000 listens.

Attached: chad headphones.jpg (827x1000, 89K)

>109205721
kotswissette, you are too pure for this world

Attached: faggot.png (194x354, 13K)

Just staying comfortable and waiting

>How are you coping with depression, Jow Forums?
A dude here on Jow Forums told me that depression isn't real so I stopped having depression.

Attached: 1544872824016.jpg (400x333, 19K)

My family cares about me. They’d be the only ones upset if I offed myself, but that’s too much guilt for me. I think about ending it and then I think of how my parents would handle it, especially because they’d also probably be the ones to find my body, and stop myself. That only makes me feel worse though.

>NOOOOO I really do suffer in the first world! I only make three grand a week on NEETbux not four grand. I'll never be able to afford a Lamborghini at this rate!
Western Europe rangeban when?

Attached: soylentt.jpg (988x1059, 148K)

At least you have money, imagine being depressed and with no friends here.

>tfw unironically stopped being depressed after I understood that it's not real

Attached: 1557518453237.jpg (499x540, 88K)

3 grands are minimum wage tier here

This is my go-to song when I feel down:
youtube.com/watch?v=feGPYY9XWN8

Attached: .jpg (1696x1080, 166K)

>I suffer in paradise

How the fuck can you be so weak?

>im lonely and nobody loves me

Just use your money to travel and meet new people, warmer people, not other autistics germans.

How the fuck can you have depression in Switzerland? The only option is that your parents raped and hit you everyday. If not, then how?

Suicide is too much of a bother

He's not depressed he's just a fucking loser. All the Europeans on this board are sissies

Being depressed =/ being lonely. I have a gf but it doesnt stop me from wanting to end it all

So what's your problem user? Do you think that you are a loser? We live in a fucked up world so it's not a bad thing to be a "loser"

>depression is a rational process
>happiness can be decided

Are all thirdies that retarded?

Smoke, drink and wank. Sometimes with friends.

Are all firsties so fucking weak? The only problem that you could ever have in your life is lack of validation.

Sounds like you are a faggot mate, kill yourself soon please

hey bud, everything will be alright

for me personally, though i don't recommend this, was to actually attempt to kill myself. those final few moments you just feel zen, like the weight is thrown off of your shoulder.
i guess it's true some folks who attempt suicide consider their life more seriously after that, me included

i don't really have a "passion" for life as some people would put it, but theres enough reason in it for me wanting to stay alive

cheers, bud, just know it'll all be okay after it all

Attached: 6854_lYIsGEWk.png (600x600, 35K)

Lmao imagine living for a animal. Might as well go to Latin America and just yolo it

I wish too friend

The reason why Im alive is because i keep waking up and not dying during the day. If some meaning appears in amidst this pain and chaos, so be it, for the time being im seeing what comes next. Depression might just be you seeing things for what they truly are.

>Depression might just be you seeing things for what they truly are.
some folks do say it is so
it's like having an existential crisis and finally realizing life has no actual, objective, meaning

Yup. And its a two-edged sword, you might want to take your own life or just carry on despite meaninglessness. Either way, its your choice.

a third choice is making your own "meaning" for life
for example, how fathers live and work everyday, despite it all, for their children's future

i'm hoping one day i'll have my own child and on that day, i'll be the happiest man alive

Not OP but lmao at cluelessness.
Pic related is what reality looks like for 90% of the population.

Attached: 1552598506.jpg (624x351, 148K)

At the age of 9 my mother died, my father became a drug junkie and 3 years later he was arrested because he was involved in drug trafficking. Imagine all of this happening in the mind of a 12 year old child.
From my 12 to 16 years of age I was constantly beaten by my grandfather, because on his mind, my mother died because she couldn't tolerate my existence. I ran from his home when I was 16 and lived with a friend I had on high school (he repeated a few classes and was already 19 and was financed by his dad)

I managed to get a job by the age of 17, my father died murdered in prison two days after I got that job, I went to live by myself with a monthly salary of 300 reais (by the time something around 90 US dollars) in an apartment that was literally just a room and a bathroom.

Today I'm 25 years old and I'm graduated in Computer Science, I earn 6k a month and I live a comfortable life in the countryside of the Sao Paulo state in Brazil. In no moment I've ever thought in taking my own life.

Anyway, this is not the case right now.
You wanna kill yourself because you can't go outside in your beautiful first world country, even with a good family and everything being delivered to you, that's right?
Well, go ahead, OP. Good luck.

After all your life is so difficult isn't it?

Attached: Vlcsnap-2017-02-26-20h13m30s410.png (381x386, 134K)

Meaning can arise from meaninglessness, I guess. I just would want it to happen before i have kids (if i ever do), so children wouldnt be the sole meaning of ones life.

I stay alive for new manga and novel releases.

Having an easy life =/= having a happy life
I know I'm from a place (the Netherlands) where life is on tutorial mode. Drop out of uni? Well, here is a job you can earn enough with to live a nice life.
My parents love and support me, just like my friends and gf.
But sometimes, I just want to sit in a corner and cry, or am tempted to jump of a bridge because everything sucks, everyone hates me and I'm just an ugly useless idiot.

Depression is a mental disorder, not just being whiny.

Ok you suffered a lot, doesn't mean that other people can't suffer as well, for other reasons.
I myself lost my parents very young, in tragic circumstances. Guess what, the fact that some Brazilian was beaten by his grandfather does nothing to ease the pain.
And look at what happens in countries like Chad or Sudan, you're first world to them... Does it mean you have to always be happy? Of course not, your logic is fucked up.

Oh noooo it's grey omg this is like so sad :(

This.

Switzerland is an extremely depressive place to live especially in the german parts

I can be your fren and help you user

Attached: 1562155638272.png (1236x1600, 289K)

OMMGG it's cloudy in my perfect clean, safe and rich city :((. I'm so depressed having to drive in my modern car to my incredibly high paying job :(

Did you know that flowers are falling from the skies in Switzerland too?
Get real Pedro, you're idealizing a bit too much the life in Europe.
You think that some people are depressed in Chile because they don't have a car? No, some people are depressed because they have a disease called depression, and because life is inherently painful, should it be in Switzerland, In Chile or in Africa...

Ever heard of winter depression?
The middle plateau actually goes down to Geneva, but yes, it is one of the most depressing parts of Europe with only ex-Soviet shitholes being ahead of it.
It's by far the most densely populated region in switzerland and as an result almost all of its surface is covered in soulles, grey concrete.
The weather is similar to that of England, except in winter it's colder but not enough the have more snow. No sun for half the year then either.
Lastly the people who live here aren't rich by any means and those who are try to escape this place whenever they can with trips in the alps region.

Alright this is gonna be a chadistic 10/10 Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima-based from me

Depression is wh*Te code for "my BLACKED subscription expired"

Attached: image.png (738x800, 255K)