What do you think about the French Foreign Legion?

What do you think about the French Foreign Legion?

What do French nationals think about Legionnaires?

Attached: foreign legion.jpg (692x360, 71K)

They decided they would rather fight for France than their own country, which makes them based and repilled

3rd worlders doing it for money & citizenship, 1st worlders doing it because they're mentally ill. Based and redpilled still?

I wish i had the balls to join any military.
Anyway, i always think the french legion is full of murderers and rapists but thats probably bs

even tho i dont like french republic

the legionnaires,commandos marines are based

As long as you train your physical fitness and get out of Jow Forums and become more of a normie you should be fine joining your country's military, though I know nothing about it. But that would go for any 1st world country's military.

I did conscription, the military is not difficult especially if you are motivated and are in above average physical shape.

more like cuck legion.

Being a janitor =/= being a cuck.

Actually the most common profile probably is a veteran from another army (Russia, Ukraine, UK when it disbanded some airborne units...) or a Frenchman who joins the legion instead of the normal army because that's where the action is.
About 90% of the légion officers are French and graduated from a military school (like St Cyr).

>i always think the french legion is full of murderers and rapists but thats probably bs
There used to be criminals trying to get a new identity, long ago, but that's no longer the case. Nowadays they'll check and you can (at most) get away with minor shit.

>I did conscription, the military is not difficult
I did too (we used to have it in France), but the légion is on another level of recruitment and training.

>What do French nationals think about Legionnaires?
Doing the jobs that have to be done but nobody else will do.
Also, when some of them get killed, it's seen as acceptable (unfortunate, but not "our boys come back in coffins") because they sign a disclaimer.

Attached: Kolwezi.jpg (430x380, 46K)

"Look Bors, those Jow Forums twinks think they have what it takes to join the Légion..."

Attached: LE.png (236x314, 194K)

Tried to join, failed and can try again in 3 more months after I fix some legal issues

>actually the most common profile probably is a veteran from another army

This is false, most legionnaires have no previous military experience.

>or a Frenchman who joins the legion instead of the normal army because that's where the action is.

The Legion doesn't see much action at all, but of course they soak the bullets so they see a bit more than the regular army.

>About 90% of the légion officers are French
Yes, and? They are not really what is usually meant when people speak about the Legion, people refer to legionnaires, the troops not the leadership

>the légion is on another level of recruitment and training.

Kek. The Legion has decent physical fitness standards but the TRAINING is not good at all. Barely any shooting or practice. Unless we're talking about cleaning practice.

Why would you join, is Italy that poor?

are you the same user who displayed gross ignorance about carriers yesterday?
anyway, lrn2 légion

Can't join the army here because my education level is too low, besides the army here is full of nepotism so good luck in entering unless you already have some connections
Also bettery pay and stuff like that, here I would serve for max 3 years for 800€ monthly, in the legion I hope to stay as much as possible and save some money

France always has shit happening all over the world, and the foreign legion is often part of it.

Attached: OPEX.png (866x451, 465K)

>What do you think about the French Foreign Legion?
had to chance to met some, very cool and disciplined men
>What do French nationals think about Legionnaires?
they are very respected, there are lot of famous documentaries about them on TV, most people think they're some kind of rambo, specially the 2e REP

Damn Italy really is a shithole, I've spent too much studying the history. Average salary is like €1,878?

Before joining the French Foreign Legion you should reconsider. Then reconsider again, and again.

You will clean like 3 times a day, you will barely do military training. You have to be very lucky to go on missions anywhere. You will have 1 decent training session per year, no other guarantee.

You pay for your own gear (except the gun) and will probably buy alcohol, whores and other shit as well. And taxes. So the pay is not that good even compared to a half-decent average job in your country.

>he thinks user who can't even get into the Italian army has a shot at a half-decent job
Pekka, did you consider using your brain?

>or a Frenchman who joins the legion instead of the normal army because that's where the action is.
I thought that was only as an officer and even that was only because of the general putsch.

i think its nice
our Legion was based on the french Legion

Attached: 131196187--624x414.jpg (624x414, 47K)

Even working in a factory or warehouse or some shit would be better than cleaning french toilets

No, it is called the 'foreign' legion because it is open to foreigners (unlike the rest of the military), but it isn't restricted to them.

I'm quite sure that those places hire cheaper foreign labour. There is prestige being a legionnaire too. Not everything is about money either, but I believe that the US military is the only place where military service is a good idea due to the benefits you receive, European countries seem to offer bad wages at best and no other benefits.

>There is prestige being a legionnaire too
Only in white trash communities

> European countries seem to offer bad wages at best and no other benefits.

Finland pays well and has good benefits, don't know about US perhaps it's even better but I doubt much better.
Obviously most European countries probably aren't all that great but compared to the French Foreign Legion? It's like they were blessed by midas.

>I have no idea what I'm talking about so I'm going to make up shit
Minimal pay in the legion currently is 1280€ a month (net salary). You get more as you rise in ranks, you get more if you train for parachute operations, you get more if you go on an operation outside of France (which is common unlike what you claim).
Free food and accommodations obviously, 45 days paid vacation a year, regiments are stationed in nice areas including Corsica (2ème REP) or Guyane (3ème REI).

America has good wages, benifits such as tax cuts, free education and access to government jobs besides constant bonuses. I doubt that Finish wages are even close due to taxes.

What was wrong about what I said? I was talking about Italy's average salary (net)

Foreign Legion's salary is public online.

>nice areas including Guyane
The jungle you defend US/UN property at whilst fucking brazilian whores? Sounds like fun, where do I sign up? Literally just dog duty.

To be fair Americans actually have a chance of dying, albeit nothing to piss oneself about but still, when compared to Finland...

>where do I sign up
It is. Guyane is a popular tourism destination and in that unit, you train for jungle warfare (and the militaries of many countries come there to be trained by the legionnaires, as well).
You get to be deployed in operations in other dense jungle terrain, too. Like Madagascar.

>where do I sign up
You wouldn't make it, there is an interview and "P4" people like you are turned down.

Attached: G.jpg (450x300, 89K)

I don't think that's why he says he hasn't the balls to join the military.
I think it's the fact that you go out and get contractually shot.

>the most common profile probably is a veteran from another army
Bullshit. I'm not saying they're pussies or anything, but you and I both know that's bullshit. Most of them are from former colonies an want citizenship.

In the legion, it's more about shooting other people.
During the Kolwezi operation, they had five casualties (out of 700 troops dropped) and it was considered "heavy losses".

Attached: 2ème REP Zaïre.jpg (500x348, 35K)

>Kek. The Legion has decent physical fitness standards but the TRAINING is not good at all. Barely any shooting or practice. Unless we're talking about cleaning practice.

I think you are talking about basic training here, not regiment training.

>Guyane is a popular tourism destination

And? So is India but tourists go to specific places, not to the shithole places like Legionnaires go to.

2 years doing nothing but fucking brazilian whores and guarding metal nobody is trying to get is for dogs

In the regiments you get some training, let's say you are a parachuter. You'll jump out of the plane a lot of a couple days. But it will soon be back to normal, clean 3 times a day, run once a week, have to ask for permission to go to the gym and you might not be allowed.

Wash dishes, clean more, clean more, hand out food, clean.

I don't see how that changes anything. I mean yeah joining a fake military like isreal or finland just making it into 2 to 4 years of funny exercise camp where you get to play with weapons but even there people are scared to join because when shit actually happens you might easily be one of those "heavy losses".

People don't wanna die man, some are more aware of risks than others.

I read Devils Guard which is pretty impressive
>inb4 ITS FAKEE!!11
no its not, everyone involved just had every reason to not talk about it

Attached: 51ijFj9.jpg (304x499, 31K)

This varied considerably overtime according to the situation in the rest of the world.
In 1945 the vast majority were Germans.
In the 2000s, the majority came from the Balkans (Yugoslav wars) and Eastern Europe (which was poor at the time).
When the UK downsized its army some years ago units, many British paratroopers out of a job applied for the legion (together) and were taken en masse.
These days, the recruit are:
25% Eastern Europe
15% French
20% French speaking countries
40% others (all over the world including Japanese and whatnot)

Attached: Niger.jpg (428x321, 88K)

if they paid more i would join gladly
the chances of death are very low

but you dont accept foreign peoples

really? i thought we did
Then, the closest thing to the Foreign Legion we had was the Tercios, wich had like 20% spaniards and 80% foreigners

Nobody thinks about it. In fact, France is literally irrelevant

>Dying for France in some shithole in Africa
Cringe, yikes, and bluepilled

*Red white and blue pilled

>Dying for France, Liberty and Rule of Law
Based, baller and bluepilled. Also VERY white.

>Dying for Israel, oil and Mr. Shekelstein's stocks
Cringe, yikes and bluepilled. Also VERY Amerimongrel.

Attached: 1490046224070.png (1000x1500, 1.51M)

Oi mate, plenty of colored people serving in the légíon

Yes, and all of them are whiter than the average Amerigoblin.
>Even the Africans?
ESPECIALLY the Africans!

Attached: 56472557_662382424214516_5918879467576546421_n[1].jpg (480x480, 37K)

Cringepilled and blueyikes
>Dying for a nation that is practically an African country which imposes Civil Law instead of Common law, and whose cities are toilets
Cringe, yikes, and bluepilled
>Dying for the strongest, greatest, and most just nation in the world, having a wage that is bigger than a fast food worker's (sorry ffl), killing ragheads, and most of all having to defend the Holy land from foreign invaders
Based, hurrah, and redpilled

Still whiter than you, Tyrone!

Did you serve in the legion user ?

whiter than you, Micheal Jackson

Whiter than you, Mbappe

They do. And if you're a citizen from a former colony you have it easier.
t. exhausting my resources in order to get outta this shithole

>Dying for Israel
Cringe

>Being a welfare queen
yikes

>Starting wars for blatant lies instead of conducting based UN-sanctioned operations
bluepilled

>Getting kicked out of counties by peasants instead of being acclaimed as heroes once the job is done
america tier

They usually send theses guys first on the front lines.

I'm the Italian guy and I'm working in a fucking McDonald because it was the best payed job I could get, salaries are low and the price of life is extreme kg igh
Going back in november and no regret about it

Crazy madmen, pride of the nation

Never heard about them before Jow Forums, only military autists give a shit

foreign cannon fodders which believe they are elite special force like gign or commando something

I don't recommend it , training is hell

>United States - MAVNI Program
>equally treat both MAVNI and their own soldiers
>no violence or unfair treatment also no racism (EO is on your back)
>gives you a US Citizenship, scholarship and people will treat you as a veteran hero
============================
>France - French Foreign Legion
>send foreign legion to the most dangerous war zone possible to avoid their people rage about their own soldiers dying oversea
>definitely not an equal treatment, you will get beated up and your freedom will be taken away
>French Citizenship (I don't know desu)
United States is more Based.

>MAVNI
>Literally who?

>FFL
>World famous for being hardasses

why would you go there if you can earn 1000$/day with the American merc. companies

>The jungle you defend US/UN property at
The fuck are you on about

>guarding metal nobody is trying to get is for dogs
Are you talking about gold or do you know anything about the subject?

>send foreign legion to the most dangerous war zone possible to avoid their people rage about their own soldiers dying oversea
Literal bullshit, they get the same deployments as any other unit and the same rotations.

Better taking a risk than regretting it later in life i guess
Also I just finished my turn at mcdonald

Full of betas and pussies who betrayed their countries

since you're an EU citizen, can't you join some other military like Ireland or Belgian?
From what I can find online it seems they accept all EU citizens but maybe that's just for show no?