Americans will block a trade deal with the UK because of >muh Irish heritage

>Americans will block a trade deal with the UK because of >muh Irish heritage
This is truly the best timeline

Attached: Amerilarpers.png (645x776, 338K)

Other urls found in this thread:

irishtimes.com/opinion/an-irishman-s-diary-on-the-10th-irish-division-and-salonika-1.2457673
youtube.com/watch?v=1DEd2eIZEH8
youtube.com/watch?v=n730FWycrTY
youtube.com/watch?v=SVaslN1NiT0
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Unironically based

By this point I'm sure Americans are more butthurt about British history in Ireland than the Irish are.

Up the IRA, time to give these br*tish shitskins a taste of celtic payback!

Why does Trump do all this stupid trade shit which goes nowhere?

UP THE RA

Holy shit, wow. Weren't Irish Americans literally looked down upon a while ago?

>“The American dimension to the Good Friday agreement is indispensable,” said Richard Neal, who is co-chair of the 54-strong Friends of Ireland caucus in Congress, and also chairs the powerful House ways and means committee, with the power to hold up a trade deal indefinitely.
>Pete King, the Republican co-chair of the Friends of Ireland group, said the threat to abandon the backstop and endanger the open border was a “needless provocation”, adding that his party would have no compunction about defying Trump over the issue.
>“I would think anyone who has a strong belief in Northern Ireland and the Good Friday agreement the open border would certainly be willing to go against the president,” King said.

Attached: dublin-331854k.jpg (767x431, 87K)

Perhaps they did the math and concluded strong EU is a net benefit.

It's just banter bro

retards think it brings back coal mining jobs

Most probably

>The Congressional Friends of Ireland, or Friends of Ireland, is an organization in the United States Congress that was founded in 1981 by Irish-American politicians Senator Ted Kennedy, Senator Daniel Moynihan and House Speaker Tip O'Neill to support initiatives for peace and reconciliation in Northern Ireland.[1]
>Each year in March, the Irish Taoiseach visits the United States for Saint Patrick's Day. A Shamrock Ceremony takes place in the morning at the White House where a crystal bowl containing shamrock, a traditional symbol of Ireland, is presented to the President in the Oval Office. This is followed by a Friends of Ireland luncheon hosted by the House Speaker in the U.S. Capitol or the Rayburn House Office Building.[4][5] The luncheon is attended by the President, Vice President, the Taoiseach, the Speaker, and other officials.[6] In the evening, a Saint Patrick's Day Reception takes place at the White House.[7]
What the fuck is this horseshit.

This is Ireland using their diaspora for political gains.
It seems that the UK-US special relationship is not the only one to be special.

yes and Kennedy being an Irish Catholic was controversial while he was campaigning

Attached: 1528361337936.jpg (607x162, 22K)

based Pat McGroin

How do we solve the Irish problem?

Ban the import of potatoes in the US and Ireland

Sink northern ireland into the sea and pretend it never existed.

annex them into the uk and ban the irish language

You always hear Americans saying they're German, Irish, Swedish or Italian but you never hear them boast that they're English.

based dogeater.

My initial instincts as an Irishman is it's terrible for Ireland. However, 4d chess and Donald may actually free Ireland from the EU shackles. Fucking glorious madman

>tfw parents larp as irish people and it's embarrassing

Because Anglo-American is the default native ethnic group of America. They have no need for a hyphenated identity.

Because not that much of them are actually. There are more people with German and Irish ancestors than people with English ancestors

>((((they)))) were irish all along and not jewish

Meanwhile ford taxes all those government gibs to "grow" then ship their stuff to Mexico.

Nobody in the US honors its English heritage and it's the most looked down upon one. Look at the amounts of American identifying as Irish or German vs the handful that want to be English lol

it's more germanic/celtic/latino imo

Paddies and jews make bad news

This is what I mean. Germans were Nazis and shit but still more Americans boast that they're German. Identifying as English probably means you want the US to go back to the crown.

>paternal grandfather was an english soldier that had a fling with irish-american grandmother during a visit
>father still identifies as irish
kek

the good ppl of ireland

The return of a hard Irish border would probably be bad for the UK, they don't need a Gaza Strip in their own backyard again.

But then again a no deal Brexit puts Britain in a hard situation. Either let NI retain some EU privileges and perhaps lose it down the road (along with possibly Scotland), or put up the hard border again and possibly lost NI (along with possibly Scotland).

But what will probably happen is a no deal Brexit with Britain holding onto both countries thanks to Unionist majorities in both that voted to leave the EU/remain in Britain at different times. Britain will triumph again.

Imagine identifying yourself with your whore of a mother rather than your chad of a dad.

People in England with some Irish or Scottish great grandfather do it too. Being English is boring and somewhat embarrassing

Both thrive in the UK and US.
I guess the most immigrants were actually from the then poorer parts of middle/western Europe like Sicilians, Germans from the Lower Saxony and Hamburg area and Ireland. Or they think Brits are all homos like Hugh Grant.

Who was it Britain sent us to back up the Serbs against?
The Serbs love us for it neway

she was definitely a whore and she put him up for adoption. he had a single phone call with her ever and she told him to fuck off. then she died.
I think he larps as irish because of his adoptive father though.

Yet US girls cream themselves when they hear Brits talk posh.

They like any bong accent to be honest. Most people here are retarded and can't even tell them apart. They'll even think aussies are bongs.

Most generic white Americans that aren't the result of some FOB migrant family often have English ancestry, which is the largest ethnic group in the US. But they prefer to identify with smaller amounts of Irish of German heritage because it's less shameful

This is it
irishtimes.com/opinion/an-irishman-s-diary-on-the-10th-irish-division-and-salonika-1.2457673

>any bong accent
They don't all sound posh and sophisticated ya know

I know but I'm saying women here don't know or care.

Game of Thrones means your women will cream over Gazza the norferner, IQ: 9, because he sounds like Jon Snow.

Then I guess my Hugh Grant theory applies.

Hugh Grant is considered attractive. Think of Stephen Fry as why they prefer to be German or Irish

Because Anglo-Americans are the original Americans. There's no need to honour it because "American identity", in its truest sense, is just an extension of English identity.

I said native (original) ethnic group, not immigrant groups.

youtube.com/watch?v=1DEd2eIZEH8

Attached: 1563182251043.jpg (689x689, 169K)

If that is so why do all these Anglo Americans massively identify as Irish and German?

Being English is usually either associated with being an oppressive colonialist/imperialist or a trashy working class football hooligan.

For me its being a lowerclass imperialist

Honestly if your government mandated you repeat a loyalty oath everyday before school, work, and sporting events claiming the English are the liberators of mankind and the UK the freest country on earth you'd probably have more self-esteem.

Maybe they want to sound interesting?
English ancestry is considered boring is because it's the default ethnic group.

Based

>I said native (original) ethnic group, not immigrant groups.
My bad. I'm rather surprised how little Native American DNA the average person has. I know they got wiped out and diseased but one would think they'd get slave banged like the imported African slaves.

Why are there never any Irish flags in these threads? It's almost like there are barely any left in the world and the ones still around don't give a shit about any of this so it's all a bunch of bullshit.

Attached: 1498505905320.gif (265x200, 258K)

5k died Christ

Claiming to be English would probably make you look cool these days. I should practice a fake accent to deceive the mutt women.

Attached: 1553360724273.gif (150x113, 202K)

most of the irish posters stay in /eire/ where they talk about anime
damn sight better than spamming wojack and chad template threads, anyhow

Muh freedumb is a meme. No one considers these nonexistent "values" a real source of national pride.

it seems like Northern Irish posters are more common than Irish posters around here

>be house speaker o'neill
>get tipped

do americans really do this?

>/éire/
they're all on /sp/

Attached: Irish conspiracy.jpg (1544x6256, 1.87M)

Lmao based taigs using the golem to cuck the brits

>naming themselves after sleep
what did they mean by this?

Is postbrexit bongland going to a third world country? They seem to be burning all of the bridges behind them

>fade into obscurity
>still the big man of the commonwealth
doesn't sound so bad

Without a doubt.

It's a meme because you haven't repeated to yourself enough that it's real.

The US is probably the 20th or 30th best country in the world, but routine loyalty oaths and chants have managed to convince everyone we're number 1 despite terrible infrastructure, healthcare, working conditions, and education system.

You have far more social services than we do, imagine what you could achieve if you only believed in yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=n730FWycrTY

das rite

Attached: 1559492731965.jpg (472x600, 117K)

>the big man of the commonwealth
Australia >>>>> England

>uk
>good state-owned services
Lmao, all that isn’t the tube is shit

In their defense the ones that moved out here came during those times. It's like the Vietnamese people here being butthurt about Vietnam.

>larger and more significant countries bow to your royalty
the UK is getting the last laugh here

dis be like anudda potato famine

Attached: The Hibernian Conspiracy.jpg (1544x6256, 1.73M)

Patrick Pierce good (ethnonationalist)
James Connolly not so good (commie)
So you lads know for reference

Attached: 1551318377725.png (501x684, 80K)

Attached: 1559492802573.jpg (501x684, 66K)

funny thing is that every time I post this pic an irish poster agrees with it
none seem to be around at the moment though

Attached: 1551317456409.jpg (1350x508, 294K)

wtf

If by a while ago you mean like 100+ years ago then sure. Irish diaspora have had massive political pull in the US for a longer time in our history now than they’ve been disenfranchised from politics entirely because other Americans looked down upon them as subhumans.

The UK would probably still lay claim to Ireland if it weren’t for American micks putting pressure on your government to grant them independence.

Oscar Wilde and ???

youtube.com/watch?v=SVaslN1NiT0

Attached: 1552047522901.jpg (2000x1207, 736K)

>my face when a mick lands in America

Attached: latest[1].jpg (720x479, 161K)

damn...

Orson Welles and Henry Jaglom

Rorke is gonna kill himself

Attached: 1564468545762.png (1367x758, 1.16M)

This isn't /brit/ you mongoloid.

>not wearing black contacts and outlining the nose and mouth with black makeup
fucking slacker

This isn't /brit/ you mongoloid.

Whoops sorry Mongolia.

do libs seriously rock the hammer and sickle though? that seems a bit extreme