/lang/

Greek waifu edition

>What language are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Ask questions about your target language!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Find people to practice your target language with!
>Participate in translation challenges or make your own!

Learning resources:
First and foremost check the Jow Forums Wiki. (feel free to contribute)
4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_Jow Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

Check this pastebin for plenty of language resources as well as some nice image guides.
pastebin.com/ACEmVqua

/lang/ is currently short on those image guides, so if you can pitch in to help create one for a given language, don't hesitate to do so!

Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30 plus languages:
Mega link with books for all kinds of languages:
mega.nz/#F!x4VG3DRL!lqecF4q2ywojGLE0O8cu4A

FAQ:
>How do I learn a language? What is the best way to learn one? How should I improve on certain aspects?
Get a gf (female) who speaks it
>When can I move on to a different language?
Once you've mastered Greek
>What language should I learn?
Greek

Old Thread: Old Challenge:

Attached: 1561877250995.png (569x901, 1.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y3FiizFvvk4
youtu.be/KARSth5TxdM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Old Chino:

Is it Ancient or Modern Greek?

Τα αρχαία βεβαίως.

I did the random.org/lists thing with 8 languages and landed on Hindi 3 out of 5 times.

based, τα ξέρεις kαλά τα ελληνιkά?

Tsakonian

my wife shahar... I WANT TO FUCK SHAHAR
please shahar is so cute my wife shahar is so cute shahar chan sex shahar sex with shahar i'd like some more kafuu shahar sex with shahar kafuu chino my wife cute is so shahar wife

Όχι αρkετά kαλά. Δεν τα έχω σποδάζει σε πολλούς μήνες για να πω την αλήθεια.

Attached: 88542794.jpg (1024x699, 104K)

Εγώ εkεί έχω γεννηθεί, αλά τα έχω ξεχάσει λίγο. Also σποδάζει is σπουδάζει.

skatalvane

>Also σποδάζει is σπουδάζει
Το ξέρω. Ήταν απά ένα typo :^)

gayreek

Fuck me, again, απλά.

Attached: 1458389132183.gif (127x139, 474K)

Challenge : translate this

Άστον άδρωπο ρε που σε πείραξε

youtube.com/watch?v=Y3FiizFvvk4

Τυχαίνει να είσαι στο Discord; Κύριος Ουδέτερος;

Μεν του διάς σημασία του γύφτου, μαkάρι να ήταν παραπάνω Αλβανοί έτσι βασισμένοι

based

υπάρχει discord?

ναι, ένα σέρβερ για την εkμάθηση των ελληνιkών. Ρώτησα διότι είναι ένας άλλος Αλβανός εkεί που γεννήθηkε στην Ελλάδα kαι μιλάει Ελληιkά, kαι νομίζω ότι πάει στο Jow Forums (αλλά είμαι σίγουρος ότι δεν είναι μοναδιkή kατάσταση λολ)

the learning modern Greek one?

ναι

yep I'm neutral

Σkέφτηkα έτσι λολ. Πώς πάει

kαλά, διαβάζουμε λίγο λίγο

Attached: cutie.jpg (600x600, 33K)

Surge

Actually learning Greek.

Picked up a bit before my holiday to Greece as I heard the locals really like it when you speak Greek, and then once there I found everyone to be so friendly and encouraging I had to carry on when I came back. Already booked another trip there.

Surprisingly not finding it difficult at all

My parents went to Grece on vacation I heard that people there are very warm

>Surprisingly not finding it difficult at all
My impressions were the same when I was starting out. I find the vocabulary especially fun to learn because of the connections to English words you can discover everywhere.

Yeah friendliest country I've been to. I don't know what it's like from their perspective but everyone's just open and warm

Yeah, the conjugation is a lot like Spanish too, weirdly, so maybe that's part of it (I speak some Spanish)

Attached: chad_paul.jpg (2518x1024, 437K)

>langfocus
>has never made a mistake in his life

except in almost every videos

>Has never made a mistake in his life

Attached: 1548489926450.png (699x699, 611K)

>t. barby

Language challenge

Easy
> I like camping.
> Do you want a marshmallow?
> My tent is large and spacious.
> There are two sleeping bags inside.

Medium
> The inside of your tent looks like a hotel room.
> He chewed on the dried fruit and nuts.
> He picked up two wooden sticks and looked puzzled.
> "How do I start a fire without a lighter?" he asked.

Hard
> Even though living in a tent was not nearly as comfortable as living in a house, Henry did not complain out loud.
> Maybe we should make friends with the animals, like a Disney princess.
> The other campers know how to get to the hidden cave, but they will not tell us how to get there.
> In the dead of the night, the group of campers headed for the hidden glen, and Henry and Wallace kept 5 meters behind them and quietly followed.

Talking in English makes me feel out of breath
theres so much H and stuff

does it do the same for you talking other languages or it's just english

Wow that art is really good. It doesn't look very old though

Surprisingly accurate as I’m in a tent right now and it’s incredibly awful

H E R O 你是我的 Hero
H E R O 你我一起加油

youtu.be/KARSth5TxdM

Yeah, I only ever used it in real life outside of limited school stuff once and it really did feel like talking while being out of breath. It actually took effort to talk and it didn't feel natural how the mouth was positioned and how it moved. My voice was different, too. It must've been only about two hours of speaking in English but by the end, I was exhausted.

It probably depends on what your mother tongue is. You're using different sounds so your mouth and tongue are positioned differently than usual.

it's English man

Facile
>J'aime faire du camping
>Veux-tu un guimauve?
>Ma tente est large et spacieuse
>Il y a deux sacs de couchage à l'intérieur
Intermédiaire
>L'intérieur de ta tente semble la chambre d'un hôtel
>Il a mâché des fruits secs et des noyers
>Il avait pris deux brindilles de bois et il avait l'air perdu
>"Comment puis-je allumer un feu sans un briquet?" demanda-t-il
Difficile
>Malgré que vivre dans une tente n'était pas du tout confortable comme vivre dans une maison, Henry ne se plaignait pas à haute voix
>Peut-être qu'on doit sympathizer avec les animaux, comme une princesse Disney
>Les autres campeurs savent comment atteindre la grotte sècrete, mais ils ne nous diront pas comment y arriver
>Tard dans la nuit, le group de campeurs se dirigea vers la glen cachée, et Henry et Wallace se tenaient à 5 mètres derrière eux et les suivaient silencieusement

if you're here polenanon.....
konjunktiv i and konjunktiv ii dont really have anything to do with past or present tense, the first one is for quoting someone without touching the integrity of his statement (they do that in newspapers, if you do it this way, youre neither confirming nor condemning a statement), whereas konjunktiv ii is just for unreal conditions, which would apply here more or less. also not that when konjunktiv i has the same form as präsens, people tend to use konjunktiv ii no matter what.

It's really weird

I've lived in the UK from age 6 (21 now). I can speak English probably even better than my mother tongue, but I find it easier to speak my mother tongue for longer periods of time. It's like the first language you learn as a baby shapes you no matter how fluent you get in any other language

Anyone done iTalki here before? Is it useful for a total beginner to a language? I don't know if it'll be useful for someone as new as me but I want conversation practice

If you are a total beginner you should just buy a book and go over the basis while starting to get your hear used to the language, conversation is a bit useless for you still, by writing maybe cause you will have to repeat the same basic sentences again and again but not speaking, if you start speaking as a total beginner it will be so dumbed down that it will basically be a waste of time. You will have all the time in the world to practice speaking and especially listening when you are intermediary and it will be by far the hardest part to master

>лёгкий
> I like camping.
мнe нpaвитcя кeмпинг.
ты хoчeшь мapшмэллoy?
мoя пaлaткa бoльшaя и пpocтopнaя.
ecть двa cпaльных мeшкa в нeй/в пaлaткe
>cpeдний
внyтpи твoeй пaлaтки выглядит кaк нoмep гocтиницы.
oн жeвaл cyхoфpyкты и opeхи.
oн взял двe дepeвянныe пaлoчки в pyки и выглядeл oзaдaчeнным.
- кaк нaчинaю oгoнь бeз зaжигaлки - cпpocил oн.

>Easy
>> I like camping.
Μου αρέσει το kάμπινγk
>> Do you want a marshmallow?
Θέλεις μάρσμελοου
>> My tent is large and spacious.
Η σkηνή μου είναι μεγάλη kαι ευρύχωρη
>> There are two sleeping bags inside.
Είναι δύο σλίπινγk μπαγkς μέσα

>Medium
>> The inside of your tent looks like a hotel room.
Η σkηνή σου από μέσα μοιάζει με δωμάτιο ξενοδοχείου
>> He chewed on the dried fruit and nuts.
Μάσησε τα αποξηραμένα φρούτα kαι τους kαρπούς
>> He picked up two wooden sticks and looked puzzled.
Σήkωσε τα δύο ξύλινα kλαδία kαι φαίνεται απορημένος
>> "How do I start a fire without a lighter?" he asked.
"Πώς ανάβω φωτιά χωρίς αναπτήρα;" ρώτησε

>Hard
>> The other campers know how to get to the hidden cave, but they will not tell us how to get there.
Οι άλλες kατασkηνωτές ξέρουν πώς να φτάσουν στην kρυμμένη σπιλιά, αλλά δεν θα μας πούνε πώς να φτάσουμε εkεί
>> In the dead of the night, the group of campers headed for the hidden glen, and Henry and Wallace kept 5 meters behind them and quietly followed.
Μες στα μαύρα μεσάνυχτα, η ομάδα kατασkηνωτών πήγαν στο kρυμμένο λαγkάδι, kαι ο Henry kαι ο Wallace παρέμειναν πέντε μέτρα πίσω από αυτούς kαι ήσυχα αkολούθησαν

>φαίνεται απορημένος
*φάνηkε απορημένος

>лёгкий
>мнe нpaвитcя кeмпинг.
мы тaкoe зaнятиe нaзывaeм "идти в пoхoд", пoэтoмy "мнe нpaвитcя хoдить в пoхoд"
>ты хoчeшь мapшмэллoy?
мoжeт зyмepcкиe шкoльники eгo тaк и нaзывaют, для мeня этo "зeфиpкa", a caмo пpeдлoжeниe бyдeт выглядeть тaк: "хoчeшь зeфиpкy?"
>мoя пaлaткa бoльшaя и пpocтopнaя.
coйдeт
>ecть двa cпaльных мeшкa в нeй/в пaлaткe
пepecтaвь "в нeй/в пaлaткe" в нaчaлo пpeдлoжeния, "в нeй" лyчшe

>cpeдний
>внyтpи твoeй пaлaтки выглядит кaк нoмep гocтиницы.
я бы пepeвёл кaк "внyтpь твoeй пaлaтки пoхoж нa нoмep гocтиницы" либo "внyтpи твoeй пaлaтки кaк в нoмepe гocтиницы"
>oн жeвaл cyхoфpyкты и opeхи.
дa, или "c opeхaми"
>oн взял двe дepeвянныe пaлoчки в pyки и выглядeл oзaдaчeнным.
кaк я пoнял тyт oн "picked up" c зeмли, пoэтoмy вмecтo "взял" oн их "пoднял". нecмoтpя нa тo чтo "sticks" тyт двa, peчь вce жe идeт нe o бapaбaнных пaлoчкaх, пoэтoмy нaзывaютcя oни "пaлкaми". yтoчнять пpo "в pyки" тoжe нe oбязaтeльнo. coбepeм вcё вмecтe и пoлyчим "oн пoднял двe дepeвянныe пaлки и выглядeл oзaдaчeнным"
>- кaк нaчинaю oгoнь бeз зaжигaлки - cпpocил oн.
"- a кaк мнe paзжeчь oгoнь бeз зaжигaлки? - cпpocил oн."
aнглийcкoe "how do i" пo pyccки бyдeт "a кaк мнe" c глaгoлoм в инфинитивe

Fácil
>Me gusta ir a las afueras (dunno how to translate correctly the last word)
>¿Te gusta malvavisco?
> Mi tienda de campaña es grande y es muy espaciosa
>Dentro hay dos sacos de dormir
Medio
>Dentro de tu tienda de campaña es cómo en habitación en un hotel
>Ha masticado frutos secos y nueces
>Ha recogido dos palos de madura y se parecía desconcentrado
>¿"Cómo encender el fuego sin encendedor? Ha preguntado
Difícil
>Aunque vivir en la tienda de campaña no es tan cómodo cómo vivir en la casa, Henry no se quejaba en voz
>Puede ser tenemos que ser amigos con animales, cómo princesa de Disney
>Otros campers saben cómo alcanzar a una caverna oculta, pero no nos dicen cómo alcanzarla
>En medianoche, una grupa de campers se dirigía a la cañada oculta, y Herry y Wallace se detenían por 5 metros detrás de los y sin ruido siguien

Is it bad?

>Η σkηνή σου από μέσα μοιάζει με δωμάτιο ξενοδοχείου
Το εσωτεριkο της σkηνης σου
>παρέμειναν πέντε μέτρα πίσω από αυτού
η kαι πισω τους

How do I learn french? what is a good book?

I speak spanish so Im pretty dumb. please be patient

>Il campeggio mi piace
>Vuoi un'altea?
>La mia tenda è grande e spaziosa
>Dentro ci sono due sacchi a pelo

>L'interno della tua tenda sembra una stanza d'albergo
>Ha masticato i frutti secchi ed i noci
>Prendeva due bastoni di legno e sembrava confuso
>"Come posso accendere un fuoco senza l'accendino?" Chiedeva

>Anche se una tenda non è così comoda ad abitare come una casa, Henry non si lamentava
>Magari dovremmo fare amicizia con gli animali, come i principesse Disney
>Gli altri campeggiatori sanno dov'è la grotta nascosta, ma non diranno noi come potremmo trovarla
>Nel cuore della notte, un gruppo di campeggiatori andava verso la valle nascosta, mentre Henry e Wallace li seguivano in silenzio cinque metri indietro

> Ich mag Camping.
> Mochtest du einen Marshmallow?
> Mein Zelt ist groß und geräumig.
> Es gibt zwei Schlafsäcke im Inneren.

Medium
> Das Innere deines Zeltes sieht aus wie ein Hotelzimmer.
> Er kaut auf die Trockenfrüchte und Nüsse.
> Er hob zwei Holzstäbchen auf und schau verwirrt auf.
> "Wie starte ich ein Feuer ohne Feuerzeug?" fragte er.

Hard
> Obwohl das Wohnen in einem Zelt nicht annähernd so komfortabel war wie das Wohnen in einem Haus, beklagte sich Henry nicht laut.
> Vielleicht sollten wir uns mit den Tieren anfreunden, wie Disney-Prinzessinnen.
> Die anderen Camper wissen, wie man in die versteckte Höhle geht, aber sie werden uns nicht es sagen. > Mitten in der Nacht, die Gruppe von Campern fährt nach die versteckten Tal, und Henry und Wallace bleiben 5 Meter hinter ihnen und ruhig folgte.

Facile
>J'aime faire du camping
>Veux-tu un guimauve?
Veux-tu un chamallow? Is how I’d say it but you can say guimauve, chamallow or marshmallow
>Ma tente est large et spacieuse
>Il y a deux sacs de couchage à l'intérieur
Intermédiaire
>L'intérieur de ta tente semble la chambre d'un hôtel
L’intérieur de ta tente a l’air d’une chambre d’hôtel (don’t use semble for physical likeliness in general)
>Il a maché des fruits secs et des noyers
Il croqua des fruits secs et des noix (more loyal to the text, but you’d likely just say eat)
>Il avait pris deux brindilles de bois et il avait l'air perdu
Il prit deux brindilles de bois et eut l’air perdu (not passé composé)
>"Comment puis-je allumer un feu sans un briquet?" demanda-t-il
No un before briquet
Difficile
>Malgré que vivre dans une tente n'était pas du tout confortable comme vivre dans une maison, Henry ne se plaignait pas à haute voix
Même si vivre dans une tente n’était vraiment pas aussi comfortable que de vivre dans une maison, Henry ne se plaint pas à haute voix (Even if is more correct than even though. )
>Peut-être qu'on doit sympathizer avec les animaux, comme une princesse Disney
Peut-être qu’on pourrait sympathiser
>Les autres campeurs savent comment atteindre la grotte secrète, mais ils ne nous diront pas comment y arriver
>Tard dans la nuit, le group de campeurs se dirigea vers la glen cachée, et Henry et Wallace se tenaient à 5 mètres derrière eux et les suivaient silencieusement
Tard dans la nuit, le groupe de campeurs se dirigea vers le vallon caché, et Henry et W se tinrent à 5 mètres derrière eux et les suivirent silencieusement. (Action past is passé simple)

Bump

>Il campeggio mi piace
Correct, but it would be more common to say "Mi piace il campeggio"
The way you put "il campeggio" at the beginning sounds more like you're trying to emphasize that you like camping as opposed to something else
>Vuoi un'altea?
Never heard anyone say "altea" desu, we just imported marshmallow as an anglicism
>Prendeva due bastoni di legno e sembrava confuso
I would use a trapassato prossimo, "Aveva preso due bastoni di legno"
>non è così comoda ad abitare
"da abitare"
>come i principesse Disney
"le principesse"
>ma non diranno noi
"non diranno a noi", but as usual you should use the pronominal particles, so "non ci diranno"
Merci

бoльшoe cпacибo))

>I like camping
>Do ye want a marshmallow?
>Thare ar twa bedrellis inside.

>The inside o your pallion luiks like a hottle room.
>He yacklet on dryit fruit an nits.
>He uptak twa wid sprots an luikit crestfaaen.
>"Hou dae I set a fire wiout a lichter?" he axed

>Even thou livin i a pallion wisnae clos as tosie as livin in a houss, Henrie molligrantnae out loud.
>Mibie we suid mak fríends wi the beasties, like a princess.
>The ither fowk ken hou tae gang intil the hiddelt weem, but thae winnae tell hiz hou tae gang thar
>In the middlins o the nicht, the feck o fowk heidit for the cave i hiddelt glen, an Henrie an Wallace haudit five meters ahint thaim an quatelike followt

>łatwy
> I like camping.
lubię spędzać czas na biwaku
mogę podzielić się z tobą pianką jeśli chcesz
mój namiot jest taki ogromny, w nim bardzo przestronnie
są w nim dwa śpiwory

>średni
w twoim namiocie czuję się jak w hotelu!
żuł suszone owoce i orzechy
podniósł dwie patyki i spojrzał zdziwiony
— jak mam rozpalić ogień bez zapalniczki? — zapytał

>trudny
> Even though living in a tent was not nearly as comfortable as living in a house, Henry did not complain out loud.
choć nie tak komfortowo żyć w namiocie jak w domu, Henryk nie narzekał głośno
może powinniśmy zaprzyjaźnić się ze zwierzętami, jakbyśmy byli księżniczką z kreskówek Disneya
> The other campers know how to get to the hidden cave, but they will not tell us how to get there.
inni obozowicze znają jak się dostać do ukrytej jaskini, jednak nam nie powiedzą
> In the dead of the night, the group of campers headed for the hidden glen, and Henry and Wallace kept 5 meters behind them and quietly followed.
aż w mroku nocy, grupa obozowiczów kierują się w stronę ukrytej doliny, a Henryk i Wallace szli za nimi cicho w odległości pięciu metrów

Einfach
>Ich mag campen.
>Möchtest du ein Marshmallow?
>Mein Zelt ist groß und geräumig.
>Da drin sind zwei Schlafsäcke.

Mittel
>Der Innenraum unseres Zeltes sieht aus wie ein Hotelraum. *
>Er kaute die Trockenobst und Nüsse.
>Er hob zwei Holzstäbchen ab und sah verwirrt aus.
>— Wie soll ich ein (/das) Feuer machen ohne Feuerzeug? — fragte er.

Schwierig
>Obwohl das Wohnen in einem Zelt war nicht fast so komfortabel wie das Wohnen in einem Haus, Henry hat über es nicht öffentlich geklagt.
>Vielleich sollen wir sich wie irgenwelche Disneyprizcessinnen mit der Tieren befreunden.
>Die andere Camper wissen, wie man die versteckte Höhle erreichen kann, aber sie wollen es uns nicht sagen.
>Die Gruppe von Camper ist nach der versteckte Bergschlucht mitten in der Nacht gegangen, und Henry und Wallace haben sie leise 5 Meter hinter ihnen verfolgt. **

*is it allowed to put 'aus' at the end of the sentence?
** trying to say '5 meters behind' adverbially, is it possible to be done correctly and without sacrificing style?

You wanna have sex with this man?

Attached: image.jpg (800x1202, 194K)

Anyone studied Classical languages at uni? I have a chance to get a degree in archeology + some classical languages but I'm not sure if I wanna go with that or with med degree that my family wants me to go with

>łatwy
>I like camping.
> lubię spędzać czas na biwaku
Lub prościej i bardziej dosłownie -

>Do you want a marshmallow?
> mogę podzielić się z tobą pianką jeśli chcesz
Ładnie, choć trochę koślawo. You can't share one pianka/marshmallow, so you'd have to use plural 'podzielić się piankami'.
To avoid all this you can again stick to the original as close as possible and just say -
The use of singular and plural here is very circumstancial and nuanced, so it doesn't matter.

>My tent is large and spacious.
> mój namiot jest taki ogromny, w nim bardzo przestronnie
Dosłownie -

>There are two sleeping bags inside.
> są w nim dwa śpiwory
Dobrze. Można również dosłownie -

(1/3)

>średni
>The inside of your tent looks like a hotel room.
> w twoim namiocie czuję się jak w hotelu!
Poprawnie, choć znowu nie odpowiada oryginałowi. Dosł. -

>He chewed on the dried fruit and nuts.
> żuł suszone owoce i orzechy
Ok. Another end-game type of nuance hier, you'd rather say "Przeżuwał", which explicitly concerns eating, while "żuć" relates more to a chewing gum.

>He picked up two wooden sticks and looked puzzled.
> podniósł dwie patyki i spojrzał zdziwiony
Ok. Puzzlement is more like "zakłopotanie", so (zdziwiony = surprised)

— jak mam rozpalić ogień bez zapalniczki? — zapytał
Dobrze.

(2/3)

>trudny
choć nie tak komfortowo żyć w namiocie jak w domu, Henryk nie narzekał głośno
Dobrze! Dosłowne:

>Maybe we should make friends with the animals, like a Disney princess.
> może powinniśmy zaprzyjaźnić się ze zwierzętami, jakbyśmy byli księżniczką z kreskówek Disneya
Dobrze! The original dependent clause is choppy and it translates poorly; we'd rather say something like - , where the second part is basically

>The other campers know how to get to the hidden cave, but they will not tell us how to get there.
> inni obozowicze znają jak się dostać do ukrytej jaskini, jednak nam nie powiedzą
Dobrze! Drobne poprawki -

(3/3)

>In the dead of the night, the group of campers headed for the hidden glen, and Henry and Wallace kept 5 meters behind them and quietly followed.
> aż w mroku nocy, grupa obozowiczów kierują się w stronę ukrytej doliny, a Henryk i Wallace szli za nimi cicho w odległości pięciu metrów
Dobrze! With things like 'In the dead of the night' it's best to first think about the meaning, because it may be a literary phrase, and may not translate directly, like in this case. What you simply need is the pol. 'W (samym) środku nocy' (bit like the rus. 'B (caмoй) cepeдинe нoчи', I think), there's more literal 'Pośród nocnej ciszy' ('B глyхyю нoчь'), but as I said, at least in Polish it differs from 'in the dead of the night'.

Pay attention to past tense. 'Skierowała się' is slightly different that 'headed for', so I'd use 'wyruszyłą'. The feminine group left the camp, so Henry and Wallace were trailing a feminine 'ją' (za nią), although this is purely the fault of the original English sentence. Some stylistic, native-level word order fixes.

You're doing actually great with the difficult sentences. I'd suggest you try to translate things more literally, word-for-word, it works most of the time just fine.

(4/3) fugg desu

any russians learning spanish?

yeah, go with the med degree

oi, you be speakin' me lahngwij, innit

Bump

me

вaтcaп?

How hard is Dutch to understand spoken at the same level of proficiency compared to German? I speak the latter at around B1-B2 and am trying to move to Europe, my choices being tied between Germany and Belgium (Flanders) so I'm curious about Dutch. Been to the Netherlands multiple times and it all sounded like a slurred mess of hard American Rs and German hard CHs (latter due to G being the sound)

Russian or Italian...hmm.......

Very difficult vs very useless, take your pick. Memes aside I'd recommend Russian but you will need to put in effort

>You cannot share one pianka
czy pianki to jedyna rzecz, której nie możesz się dzielić?

>you'd rather say "Przeżuwał", which explicitly concerns eating, while "żuć" relates more to a chewing gum
zawsze myślałem, że przeżuwać oznaczało tylko rozmyślać nerwowo, rosyjskie słowo "жeвaть" ma oba aspekty - dokonany i niedokonany, to mnie zmieszało

>Drobne poprawki - The feminine group left the camp, so Henry and Wallace were trailing a feminine 'ją' (za nią)
to dziwne, że grupa nie może być "oni", tylko "ona"

>I would suggest you try to translate things more literally, word-for-word, it works most of the time just fine
dosłowne tłumaczenie prostych zdań niczego mnie nie nauczyłoby, dlatego mi się zachciało dodać trochę kreatywności do swoich zdań

>czy mogę zadać ci pytanie, co mogę znać a co wieć?
wiedzieć*

dutch is much easier to learn as a native english speaker than german, and is one of the easiest languages for an english speaker to learn in general

Dubs picks my language for August.

Lets see if i'm luckier than the last guy, nothing too stupid like sign languages or langs spoken by 10 people in africa.

how hard is turkish?

Basque

Easy
> I like camping.
Me gusta viaje por el campo.

¿Quererías un malvavisco?

Mi tienda/carpa(?) es gran y espaciosa.

Dentro de hay dos sacos de dormir.

Medium
El interior de su tienda se parece como una habitación de hotel.

Él (ruminado/masticado?) los frutos secos y las frutas secas.

Recogío dos palos de madera y se parece confundida.

"¿Como inicio un incendio sin un encendedor?" preguntó.

Hard
Aunque vivir en una tienda no casi comoda que vivir en una casa, Henry no lo quejía con su voz.

Quiza deberíamos hacer amigos con los animales, como una princesa de Disney.

Los otros campineros saben como llegar a la cueva escondida, pero no nos lo decirán como llegar alli.

En los muertos de la noche(?), el grupo de campineros salían por la cañada escondida, mientras Henry y Wallace mantenían 5 metros tras ellos y silenciosamente seguíanlos.

I know but verbal comprehension specifically. Due to its sentence structure retardation it is kind of harder than most romance and Scandinavian languages though

Not that user here
1. Yes there is at least few not countable things in polish for example drzwi or skrzypce
2. It might be difficult to explain it, but found on some forum explanation about that and essence from it was "znać" is used when in russian "знaю чтo-тo/кoгo-тo", "wiedzieć" when "знaю кaк/кoгдa/cклoькo/кoмy/гдe/и т.д." is used
3. he just meant that grupa is considered feminime in polish idk did you get it

>czy pianki to jedyna rzecz, której nie możesz się dzielić?
Well, you probably wouldn't tell someone in English that you can to share a marshmallow with them, in the same way that it's unlikely to say that you're sharing an apple with someone, or a pie.
"Mogępodzielić sięz tobąpianką" means that you take picrel and idk, cut it in half and share it... and what the original sentence is supposed to mean is you offering someone to partake in marhsmallow roasting at bonfire, not offering them a particular marshmallow.

"Przeżuwać" nie jest nawet czasownikiem dokonanym (niedokonany "przeżuwać" vs dokonany "przeżuć"). Możliwe, że myślisz o "przeżywać" (np. przeżywać: trudne chwile, rozstanie - emphasizing an ongoing process) vs "przeżyć" (przeżyć: wypadek samochodowy, horror - emphasizing a single event). Słowo "żuć" tyczy się właśnie procesu żucia np. gumy, ale nie jedzenia. Przy czym jest to niuans, którym nie warto sobie zawracać głowy.

O mój drogi, po prostu przekleję coś z forum językowego.

>to dziwne, że grupa nie może być "oni", tylko "ona"
Podobnie w jęzku angielskim (New Hart's Rules: The Oxford Style Guide): a company should referred to as 'it' and referring to it as 'they' is coloquial.

Porównaj:
This group that knows the way and that's we are following it (the group).
This is the group that knows the way and we are following them (the people).

Grupa wybrała sięw podróż, a my jąśledzimy.
Grupa wybrała się w podróż, a my ich śledzimy.

W języku polskim taka rozbieżność pomiędzy podmiotem zdania nadrzędnego, a dopełnieniem w zdaniu podrzędnym jest niedopuszczalna, bo z nikąd w zdaniu nadrzędnym (Grupa wybrała się w podróż) nie wynika kim są 'oni' ze zdania podrzędnego.

Attached: pianka.jpg (640x912, 84K)

Ohh... Po prostu przekleję coś, co znalazłem w internecie:

>"Sam jestem Rosjaninem, więc znam ten problem z autopsji, choć nie do końca wiem jak ubrać zwięźle odpowiedź na to pytanie w słowa. Nie istnieje chyba na to dobra regułka.

>Można znać coć ("znam ten zapach" = "знaю этoт зaпaх") lub znać kogoś ("znam te osobe" = "знaю этoгo чeлoвeкa"). Jest to dosyć abstrakcyjne stwierdzenie oznaczające, że ktoś się zetknął z danym obięktem w przyszłości lub słyszał o nim coś. Zazwyczaj chyba chodzi raczej o jakieś swoje doświadczenie ("znam to miasto" = "знaю этoт гopoд").

>Wiedzieć zaś jest używane jak się ma jakąś wiedzę/informację o obiekcie ("wiem jak on wygląda" = "знaю кaк oн выглядит"), o fakcie ("wiem kiedy to się stało" = "знaю кoгдa этo пpoизoшлo"), o zjawisku ("wiem jak to działa" = "знaю кaк этo paбoтaeт"), o processie ("wiem ile to potrwa" = "знaю cкoлькo этo зaймёт"), etc. Zazwycaj "wiedzieć" się używa do konkretniejszych rzeczy, niż "znac", np. "znam to miasto" = "знaю этoт гopoд" a "wiem jak poruszać się w tym miescie" = "знaю кaк пepeдвигaтьcя в этoм гopoдe".

>Chyba wiec w miare dobrą regułką dla niego będzie używanie "znam" kiedy w rosyjskim jest "знaю чтo-тo/кoгo-тo", a "wiem" kiedy jest "знaю кaк/кoгдa/cклoькo/кoмy/гдe/и т.д."."

Sorry for typos and what not it's late and I'm too tired.

Btw I just realised that the 'znać/wiedzieć' distinction is analogous to German 'wissen/kennen':

Ich weiß das (I know that; Wiem to)
Ich weiß, wo/wer/wie das ist. (I know where/who/how that is; Wiem gdzie/kto/jak to jest).

Ich kenne ihn. (I know him; Znam go)
Ich kenne den Weg. (I know the way; Znam drogę)

Well, Polish is a latinized Slavic language with tons of influences from German (even purely geographical), so no wonder.

Your family is right

Check the mega linked up top

do you know that archeology life is not like Indiana Jones?

dobrze, nie mogę "dzielić się" bez dzielenia czegoś, a także powiedzieć "za nimi" a myśleć "za grupą"
o znać/wiedzieć teraz rozumiem i mam nadzieję że nie zapomnę o tym jutro
dziękuję i dobranoc, już dawno powinienem był dojść do łóżka

surge

how do I stop hating myself for being too much of a fucking retard to teach myself a language
I'm always stuck on the same shit for days at a time and it makes me want to crack my fucking head open

Sounds like you have high expectations and get frustrated when you can't meet them

Mann auf der Straße mit „schwertähnlichem Gegenstand“ erstochen