Hmm I wonder what this man's ancestry could be

Hmm I wonder what this man's ancestry could be

Attached: 220px-Sheik_Yerbouti.jpg (220x221, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HFQKP3Ehucg&list=OLAK5uy_k7TNKg9Dv38e_uJeVfYY_XtoINa0xB1sQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cu_kJ4jEJ9A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jewish

Isn't he from Fawlty Towers?

Hey there people I'm Bobby brown

arab, greek, french, and italian.
don't love the sheikh and his joke albums as much as the actual good stuff though.

whiter than you dobroslav

Attached: zappa-gp.jpg (1200x532, 78K)

I removed my comment because I felt it as insufficient and superfluous

Serbian

who cares, he's great:
youtube.com/watch?v=HFQKP3Ehucg&list=OLAK5uy_k7TNKg9Dv38e_uJeVfYY_XtoINa0xB1sQ

hot rats is his most pedestrian fusion record, and even those who don't like it pretend to like it for some reason ('some reason' being the acclaim it has over wazoo or one size)

I'm particularly fond of his collaborations with Captain Beefheart and Mothers of Invention, still have to take up on the solo works, I suppose Hot Rats would be a good starting point

why didn't he thank them for their service?

Attached: frank zappa on the military.jpg (800x841, 105K)

>collaborations
the mothers were his overglorified backing band if anything. though there are really respectable and prolific musicians who were part of it like bozzio or jean luc ponty for a few months.

He was Italian and Greek. That’s just an album cover.

he explicitly stated that he was part ayrab paternally.

I'm more of a Canterbury scene, krautrock and New Weird America man myself, Zappa has always been TOO avant-rock for me

>Zappa was born on December 21, 1940 in Baltimore, Maryland. His mother, Rosemarie (née Collimore) was of Italian (Neapolitan and Sicilian) and French ancestry; his father, whose name was anglicized to Francis Vincent Zappa, was an immigrant from Partinico, Sicily, with Greek and Arab descent.

Dumb tryhard Libertardian

>being elitist about music
kek

>Canterbury
nghhhh.
i think any bass enthusiast owes it to himself to look into the genre in depth.
sinclaor and hopper off the top of my head. canterbury is 35% of what I listen to. I don't give much of a shit for krautrock, it's too dry, the music itself and the scene for it (seriously).
zappa wrote accessible stuff like zoot allures(his biggest strength is that he's a bluesman, a classical composer, a jazz artost, and a rockstar bundled into one insane guy) but you can start your fusion journey with pleb fusionish acts like crimson if hardcore fusion is too 'thick' for you.

wouldn't call myself elitist, despite having better taste than you I didn't tell you what you should listen to and what you shouldn't, i just wrote down a piece of my mind as people do on internet forums.

>pedestrian

Alright, lets all go listen to some shit fusion record just because it’s more obscure than the objectively great Zappa, then we can all feel smart for knowing lots of music!

if you weren't an actual pleb and instead listened to what you're told to pretend to like, you'd know that hot rats is as much of a fusion record as wazoo or one size.
but god forbid /mu/drones sit through fifty minutes of music and listening to it instead of spending fifty minutes making top 50 lists.

I feel exactly the same, with krautrock I am particularly referring to bands that deviate from its standard sound such as Nektar and Eloy
In that same sense I also owe my respect to zeuhl and space rock as it's the furthest accessible I can go with an experimenting 70s jam sound
On the other hand the 1980s with the formation of post-punk and its subgenres is one of my greatest strengths

>italian and greek

>calls album pedestrian
>claims superior taste
>calls other plebs
I wonder if there's a word to describe this behavior, oh yeah: teenager

>British
>white

I like joe's garage and zappa in ny

>Eloy
i appreciate them for their streak of good albums that lasted from 73 to 82, that's a lot of fucking albums.
>gets angry at the sight of the word 'pedestrian', makes a post about it instead of generating discussion
>takes my baitclaim of superior taste seriously
>is hurt by a word as devoid of meaning as pleb
I wonder if there's a word to describe this behavior, oh yeah: angry.

As of right now I am revising my subconscious aversion for bands whose name starts with a definite article and flip through RYM lists for rather archaic genres like rock'n'roll/rockabilly, rhythm & blues, beat, surf and garage rock
Admittedly the music can be pretty boring especially for modern production standards but occasionally you stumble upon some matchless works, my most recent discovery was freak folk and artists like Comus and Third Ear Band, absolute scarufficore

Frank is baaaaaaaased

Imbeciles.

>comus
nothing heavy like violin. love the sound of these guys
>third ear band
rings a bell, but i have no fucking idea of who they are or what music they make. maybe their members did work on other music I listen to or maybe i'm just spouting nonsense.
i'm glad you're broadening your horizons, the music you love is great so it'd be a shame to only listen to it to the point where you're bored of it and disgusted by it.

Don't know where artists like Silver Apples, Red Krayola and the United States of America quite fit but overlooked American experimental gems are numerous enough to create a movement out of them, though I think they denote as part of the Rock in Opposition scene
That being said, with New Weird America I really meant Old Weird America, I hate any new music with a passion

>Hey, Joe, who did you blow?
>Moe pushed the button boy
>And you went to the show
>Better suck a little harder or the shekels won't flow
>And I don't mean your thumb
>(Don't mean your thumb)
>So on your knees you bum
>Just tell yourself it's yum
>(Yourself it's yum)
>And suck it till you're numb
What did he mean by this?

>nobody ITT mentions Apostrophe being the GOAT

Zappa's comedy albums like Apostrophe and Sheik are funny and I love them but they always get all the attention when his instrumental/semi-instrumental and live albums are so much better musically
youtube.com/watch?v=cu_kJ4jEJ9A

Grand Wazoo is an easy classic. I also like his later guitar and jazz work.