*AHEM*

It's a myth that the suicide rate is still extremely high for trans people who have transitioned. You should know that this is from a purposely misrepresented study and spread by an anti LGBT hate group. Unfortunately these lies were picked up and spread by the media.

The infamous 40% statistic is specifically referring to lifetime risk of suicide ATTEMPTS, without regards to whether the patient attempted suicide before or after transition.

When looking at studies that do distinguish between suicide attempts before vs. after transition, we see that nearly all of these attempts happen before. After transition, the rate of suicide attempts drops to around the national average. This is very literally life saving medical treatment.

Transition vastly reduces suicide risk. The farther along in transition a trans person is, the lower the suicide risk becomes. After transition, and when spared discrimination and abuse, the rate of suicide attempts among trans people people are about the same as the national average. The ability to transition, along with family and social acceptance, are the largest factors reducing suicide risk among trans people. There are a lot of studies showing that transition improves mental health and quality of life while reducing dysphoria.

Attached: 3FBC68E0-21D9-4299-9FD0-2866CAD5DBD8.jpg (738x720, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/us-news/2019/feb/15/pro-israel-donors-spent-over-22m-on-lobbying-and-contributions-in-2018
tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00332925.2017.1350804
whatweknow.inequality.cornell.edu/topics/lgbt-equality/what-does-the-scholarly-research-say-about-the-well-being-of-transgender-people/
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016885&utm_source=mandiner&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=mandiner_201812
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1365-2265.2009.03625.x
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8839957
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: Screenshot_20190720-160656~5.png (1312x1815, 1.58M)

>da JOOOOOOOS!
You are not white.

>da JOOOOOOOS!
You are not white.

Attached: 1C719BB7-F047-440F-AEBF-1DE1459847FF.png (225x225, 1K)

>Da joos

Despite jewish lobbyist spending millions on American influencing American policy and tons of shadow money that will never be disclosclosed .

theguardian.com/us-news/2019/feb/15/pro-israel-donors-spent-over-22m-on-lobbying-and-contributions-in-2018
>C
>O
>P
>E

Attached: 1562972615193.jpg (1085x775, 510K)

>expecting people to just willingly pretend that someones open wound that is constantly trying to heal itself is in fact a real vagina and that the person with that wound is now a real women
no

The biggest group of pro-Israel shills are evangelical christcucks who believe in muh rapture.

>blah blah blah strawman buzzword buzzword
Into the trash it goes.

>blah blah blah strawman buzzword buzzword

This is what you support.

Attached: e6fglq0.jpg (1839x394, 163K)

>After transition, the rate of suicide attempts drops to around the national average
Source?

>Jow Forums
Didn’t read lol

It’s still disproportionately high & is NOT normal. It require the full faculties of psychoanalysis to determine the course of action for helping people literally change their sex. That’s a giant red flag that something is wrong with the psyche.

Check this academic article out.

tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00332925.2017.1350804

whatweknow.inequality.cornell.edu/topics/lgbt-equality/what-does-the-scholarly-research-say-about-the-well-being-of-transgender-people/

Literally read the chart in the OP. When they’re treated normally, they have normal lives.

Thank for your servoce in fighting the evil jews

Psychoanalysis is literal pseudoscience, Freud.

>It's a myth that the suicide rate is still extremely high for trans people who have transitioned.
Your face is a myth.

This is a blog, I can't even find the author's name.
The blog also completely ignores the negative physiological effects of transitioning and surgery. Not to mention I think there's a heavy bias because not only is this not a scientific journal, they only found 4 articles that had mixed results on transitioning whereas I haven't even done much research but I've found more than that.

And because I haven't shown any of my own proof here is a study I've found saying the opposite
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016885&utm_source=mandiner&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=mandiner_201812
Transitioning doesn't turn transgender people into normal people, they still have high suicide attempt rates and often still require psychiatric help. Not to mention there are many health problems associated with it.
Transgender people obviously need help, but I think that people like you who push for gender transition are not doing them any favours because you are preventing new treatments from being discovered.

>This is a blog, I can't even find the author's name.
It’s literally an Ivy Leauge university website and he project is run by several PHD doctorates. Learn how to navigate a website.
>The blog also completely ignores the negative physiological effects of transitioning and surgery.
Just because you say something doesn’t mean it’s real.
>Not to mention I think there's a heavy bias because not only is this not a scientific journal, they only found 4 articles that had mixed results on transitioning whereas I haven't even done much research but I've found more than that.
The website literally says:
>Below are 52 studies that found that gender transition improves the well-being of transgender people. Click here to jump to 4 studies that contain mixed or null findings on the effect of gender transition on transgender well-being.
How stupid do you think I am? And “dude trust me” is not an argument.

Thank you for your service.

Why do you think a university website cannot be biased?
If you look at other meta analysis studies on this they will say similar things but they also all say that the proof is of extremely low quality, something that your blog didn't mention. This particular area of medicine is very difficult to research, and although transition is said to improve quality of life it's all self reported which raises a lot of problems.
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1365-2265.2009.03625.x
This is the best quality article I can find personally, and it admits itself there are limitations to the study and this isn't proof that gender transition should be the staple treatment for people with gender dysphoria.

Read the article I've linked, you'll see that there are many problems associated with gender transition and it is definitely not the final cure for gender dysphoria.

>Just because you say something doesn't mean it's real
Lol you think there are no negative health effects to pumping your body full of hormones and chopping off your sex organs?
You are very naive. Read the study I linked earlier.

You posted one study from Sweden that is several decades old. My source provided more than 50 studies.
>Transitioning doesn't turn transgender people into normal people, they still have high suicide attempt rates
No, they don’t, literally the OP image is a chart from a 2015 study proving exactly the opposite is true.
>Transgender people obviously need help, but I think that people like you who push for gender transition are not doing them any favours because you are preventing new treatments from being discovered.
There have been countless attempts at finding alternatives to transition for treating gender dysphoria. None of them have ever worked, you’d know this if you actually researched the history of this issue.

>Why yes, I believe in equal rights for all 24 genders

Attached: 1564103302822.jpg (1024x532, 58K)

tfw no cute trans gf

Fuck off. No one cares about you or that oepe you are trying to give a rebuttal.

>muh bias
Not an argument.
>your blog
Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it’s a blog.
>This particular area of medicine is very difficult to research, and although transition is said to improve quality of life it's all self reported which raises a lot of problems.
Is this based on anything more than the single study’s conclusion you linked below?
>Read the article I've linked, you'll see that there are many problems associated with gender transition and it is definitely not the final cure for gender dysphoria.
I’m not paying $42 to read a study you yourself claim is flawed.

>the OP image is a chart from a 2015 study proving exactly the opposite is true
Can you cite the part of the article that states this?
>countless attempts
Oh fuck off there's barely been anything. This whole issue is recent anyway and there's not enough evidence to prove that gender transition is the definitive treatment for gender dysphoria.
>You posted one study from Sweden that is several decades old
So what? The studies proving smoking is unhealthy are way older than that, does that make them wrong?
>My source provided more than 50 studies
Your source is biased and doesn't acknowledge that that the current literature on this topic is of low quality.

>Lol you think there are no negative health effects to pumping your body full of hormones and chopping off your sex organs?
Nice strawman.
>You are very naive. Read the study I linked earlier.
Again, I’m not spending $42.

>the single study's conclusion
Dude it's a peer reviewed meta analysis of 28 studies, did you even read it?
Why am I even wasting my time. No wonder your only proof is blogs

That is literally an activist blog. Post something that's not total bullshit

Learn how to speak English before seething, Pajeet.
>Can you cite the part of the article that states this?
Read the fucking image. The source is at the bottom.
>Oh fuck off there's barely been anything.
Not an argument.
>This whole issue is recent anyway
No it isn’t. This kind of thing has been studied since the 1920s, however much of that research was in Germany and destroyed when the Nazis came to power. Transgender people have been documented to exist for several centuries.
>there's not enough evidence to prove that gender transition is the definitive treatment for gender dysphoria
Yes there is. You just refuse to accept it.
>So what? The studies proving smoking is unhealthy are way older than that, does that make them wrong?
There are thousands of studies proving that smoking is bad for your health. Non-argument.
>Your source is biased
No it isn’t. Once again you’re proving that you’re simply upset about being proven wrong.
>doesn't acknowledge that that the current literature on this topic is of low quality.
Your proof of this is the conclusion of one article that is behind a paywall. You’re extrapolating it to the whole field in a desperate attempt at damage control due to your failure to back up your claims with reliable evidence.
Not an argument.

are they not open wounds?

No. SRS is not just “cutting off the dick and making a hole”. The tissues remain in place, they are simply rearranged. Dilation is done to maintain depth, not to keep the neovagina from closing. If it isn’t done, the vagina simply becomes shallower, it does not “close” because it isn’t a wound. If you never got an erection again, your penis would shrink due to the tissue not being stretched regularly. The same principle applies here, however you can’t get an erection with a neovagina so the stretching must be done manually.

>your failure to back up your claims with reliable evidence
No, you just don't want to read it...

Shut up. Take you and you mentally ill shit to Jow Forums or /lgbt/ with other mental fuckups.

Thanks B)

> you can’t get an erection with a neovagina

It’s almost as if a persons sex is fixed and cannot be changed by mutilating their genitals into something it’s not.

Is this thread full of retard ?
>blah blah studies say that you are wrong
>blah blah my studies say that you are wrong
>also logic
>no my logic is better

There are no thruth about this subject, as it is heavily manipulated is both ways.
What you can be sure is that some usefull idiots will push ideas that they doesn't understand the impact of.
Do you think the issue about "trans" people is if they are or are not mentaly ill and prompt to suicide ?

>without regards to whether the patient attempted suicide before or after transition.
This. Tried killing myself before transition. After hormone replacement therapy, I've always felt like a million bucks; I never even do so much as think about suicide anymore.

Do you think women get erections with their penises? Try having a brain before commenting nonsense that has nothing to do with my point.

Thats a gaping wound

Judging by the smell being emitted in this thread you can tell who's a roastie.

Attached: 1554591459181.jpg (366x401, 31K)

>can’t come up with a response so he just regurgitates his debunked meme
Epic. Simply epic.

>It's almost as if

Attached: sojyak (3).png (232x217, 8K)

upvoted

Attached: 1502417751878.jpg (200x200, 9K)

t. mohammed al-hitlerdood

Fuck off tranny

>Fuck off tranny

Attached: 1524465083200.jpg (300x300, 47K)

Dilate, however I agree with OP

I dont care about this just get off my board

>When they’re treated normally,
what does this mean? 'Normal' is subjective and people who think they are a different gender are already showing signs of psychosis

seethe

>dilating cope

>what does this mean?
Being supportive of their transition.
>'Normal' is subjective and people who think they are a different gender are already showing signs of psychosis
Making up shit is not an argument. It's a fact that transitioning is the only effective treatment for gender dysphoria.
Just because you're mad and loud doesn't mean you're right, Hussein.

I'm not seething. I have no ill will towards transpeople but this thread doesnt belong on this board.

Thanks

Thank you for the service.

gender dysphoria is psychosis

Attached: 1511259901715.jpg (441x411, 15K)

Woah, now Jow Forums is on suicide watch

Not an argument.

>psychosis
>A mental disorder characterized by a disconnection from reality.
>I believe I should have a vagina

In the uk for the general population:
>9% of 16-24 year olds have attempted suicide in their lifetime – 5.4% of men, and 12.7% of women
I wonder why young cispeople sudoku at a higher rate than supported transpeople.

[citation needed]

>in past year
Read the chart again, retard.

>I get to decide what mental illnesses are! Not those egghead doctors!

I hope you don't treat psychosis patients the same way you treat trans people.

Attached: face.jpg (208x249, 6K)

Your post is worded so generically you can use it to accuse anyone who wants things of having psychosis.
>psychosis
>A mental disorder characterized by a disconnection from reality.
>I believe I should be taller
>I believe I should be more attractive
>I believe I should be richer
Such is expected from a low IQ retard who simply seethes and tries to make up “facts” to justify his chimp-brained anger afterwards.

>NOOOO YOU HAVE TO TREAT TRANNIES LIKE NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS AND NOT AS THE MENTALLY ILL FREAKS THEY ARE

Attached: 1558629632307.jpg (225x225, 14K)

I suggest psychosis patients should get prescribed anti-psychotics, unfortunately trannies are not prescribed the same.

you can never have a vagina, you can become richer and more attractive. so it's best to work towards abandoning those thoughts rather than entertaining them, just like how manlets should accept they are manlets.

>109262212
The chimp lashes out in rage as he is repeatedly cornered.

>This person is mentally ill, therefore it's OK for me to hate him, torment him, and make his life miserable! How could anything go wrong?
>He has no idea how antipsychotics work
You can't use antipsychotics on a patient long-term.

That’s been tried before and it hasn’t worked ever. How braindead are you?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8839957
OH NO NO NO NO NO

>you can never have a vagina
You can, it’s called SRS.
>so it's best to work towards abandoning those thoughts rather than entertaining them
Would you tell a depressed person to stop being sad? Telling people to simply “not feel a certain way” is not an argument. Gender dysphoria is real whether you like it or not.

just fucking murder all trannies. they're a literal tumor to society.

trannies on suicide watch

Attached: 1564069671176.png (398x376, 193K)

Depressed people are prescribed anti-depressants to treat their depresion, trannies should be prescribed anti-psychotics to treat their psychosis

>You can, it’s called SRS.
bruh moment

>with a learning disability
>sample size of one

Trannies don't have psychosis.

I am a tranny and I DO NOT recommend antipsychotics. They made me almost kill myself on two occasions. They made me more depressed than I already was.

it's unfortunate they won't give this life-saving treatment to other trannies because the condition has been politicized and conflated with general faggotry

Yeah well i'm not a tranny and therefore totally unbiased and I say you freaks should be force fed antipsychotics if not lead.

>a study from over 20 years ago with a sample size of one
Not an argument.

I don't recall can a fellow patriot tell me if it was okay to be transphobic in this country.

>cornell.edu
>this is a blog

>it hasn’t worked ever
yeah except this case when it did

Attached: 1529611416074.png (800x894, 41K)

And the truth finally comes out.

Antipsychotics and autism meds did not work on me. They made me more miserable.

HRT worked on me. My mood immediately picked up. After many years of being a NEET, I was able to leave the house again, make friends, and get a job. Never thought of suicide again.

Repeating the same phrase over and over again does not make it true. Gender dysphoria is not psychosis no matter how much you want to play armchair psychologist.

>m-muh evangelicals are jew worshippers

Attached: 57473c1d-9a64-4690-add0-cde148eac68a..jpg (313x499, 36K)

Attached: look at this graph.gif (1221x772, 207K)

it perfectly fits the definition of psychosis

>one
Keep acting smug, it only makes you look more retarded.

Posting on Jow Forums does not make you a psychologist. Since you keep repeating the same things over and over expecting a different response, I diagnose you with insanity.
Are Italians taught to read?

The only one who looks retarded here is the one who willingly both chemically and physically castrated themself because they didn't "feel right".

>I am a tranny and
opinion discarded

well it's unfortunate that there is no effective treatment for you freaks yet, for many mental illnesses there is quite ineffective treatment as well.