Your country

>your country
>do you have these things (pic) and how do you deal with then??
>if not, what insect problem do they have in your country and how do you deal with then?

Attached: IMAG0370.jpg (3024x4032, 2.12M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XCiDuy4mrWU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hungry
yes
i see they 2-3 times a year. i leave them alone, they are cute
they can run so damn quick!

>they can run so damn quick!
Yeah haha
youtu.be/XCiDuy4mrWU

>problem
They help.

I like bugs, but I do get infestations of Cedar beetles in winter.

I saw one of these big girls the other day though.

Attached: 45652_original.jpg (360x270, 43K)

I thought they were cute and left them untouched until I found out that they'll eat virtually everything on your house

Silverfish consume matter that contains polysaccharides, such as starches and dextrin in adhesives. These include book bindings, carpet, clothing, coffee, dandruff, glue, hair, some paints, paper, photos, plaster, and sugar. They will damage wallpaper in order to consume the paste. Silverfish can also cause damage to tapestries. Other substances they may eat include cotton, dead insects, linen, silk, leftover crumbs, or even their own exuvia (moulted exoskeleton). During famine, a silverfish may even consume leatherware and synthetic fabrics. Silverfish can live for a year or more without eating if water is available.

Attached: Nutritional_traces_of_silverfishs_in_a_book.jpg (1280x938, 307K)

>silverfish
>leave my books alone REEEEEE
traps, also centipede bro

we've got earwigs here. horrible things

>in b4 "meanwhile in Australia"

That's such a cringe meme

Flag
I only have the regular silverfish here, but they still get in my books and create disgusting stains in them when they die.
Trying to exterminate them isn't worth the effort, because they will come back anyway, but I just try to make sure the humidity and temperature aren't too attractive for them and I fill my shelves to the point where there is too much pressure on the books for them to crawl between the pages.

>how do you deal with then
don't live in a damp basement would be a good start

Yes, they're harmless af so I leave them. Just like most spiders

Get a cat and never have bugs at home again.

I have no seen an insect since I came home to my gf

I haven't seen a silver fish at home in at least 10 years.
We have big house spiders instead (pic related) and they hunt all other insects. They are brutal hunters. Fast as fuck, fearless of humans and pretty cute.

Attached: img_0017_163229806-vert.jpg (800x881, 328K)

Italy
Yes, they were a problem in my new house since the tiles between the floor and the wall created a gap in the bathroom and the humidity made them thrive there. The solution is permethrin, it kills them efficiently and it stays active for months while being basically non toxic on humans. Check its effect on domestic animals if you have some, tho.
The first year after I moved there were way too many mosquitoes on my terrace, but a family of geckos moved in the next summer and made it their hunting ground. Never seen an insect ever since.

silverfishes are based, I leave them alone

I've heard they can damage cardboard and book covers, but I've never seen it happen in my flat.
they only live in the kitchen and bathroom, where I don't keep any books and the food is in sealed containers. all they can live off are crumbs that I want gone anyway.

That's very australian of you.

Attached: aus sex.jpg (450x359, 53K)

your girlfriend is the insect bruce

>silverfishes are based
They don't even do anything. At least spiders kill other insects.

we have these here but they're not hostile
when i lived in the netherlands i encountered one of those in a bathroom and the fucker bit me in the toe
why are yours hostile and bite? ours are based and just wander around in the dark harmlessly

based

The type in the picture is not a Silverfish (Lepisma saccharina) but Ctenolepisma longicaudata.

They are much bigger than Silverfish and do not depend on humidity to survive, which is why they can lay egg all over the house and not just in damp places. They are much harder to exterminate because they are not dependent on humidity to survive.

>Trying to exterminate them isn't worth the effort, because they will come back anyway

Silverfish can be easily exterminated by dealing with whatever problem of humidity you have in your home. The other kind requires extreme action but can be done if you live in a small house or apartment and are willing to do systematic action.

First you must make sure every gap between floor and ceiling is sealed. This is a very difficult process if you want to achieve 100% sealed status but can be done with a systematic method. I tore my apartment apart to do this and it took a long fucking time. The "holes" that remain after that in a typical apartment you will have difficulty sealing is the hole going from the kitchen(bathroom) sink that connects to pipes in your apartment complex. For these I had to create specialized high pressure plastic molds I can connect and remove when needed, but they are 100% sealed otherwise. That cost some money but I was able to do it.

I also had my entire apartment sprayed with an effective insect poison that kills them, but I did this after I created this sealed situation so I have yet to observe any after 30 days, typically I would observe 10 every week.

>tp

Attached: Knlu7ON.gif (245x184, 619K)

what do they do, I might encountered one few days ago?

They enjoy eating organic materials like paper and dust/crumbs so they can be a problem in this regard, but typically they are not a problematic pest because of damage to property, rather their disgusting looks is traumatic for people.

Disgusting

oh okay, for me they are quite cute

my basement have those, they are tough, fast and tthe fuckers smell bad when you crush them since they release some feromones that makes their cousins zerg rush you

Attached: asuka jpg.jpg (550x550, 78K)

You must have encountered a Silverfish or one of these in the nymph stage, they are quite small and if they were this small I wouldn't have a problem. They lack the climbing support of their final form for the most part so will usually just be on the floor. Once their final and ultimate form is revealed the demon inside can be seen.

Attached: FORSKES-PÅ-Skjeggkre-sprer-seg-i-hele-bygningsstrukturen-og-er-vanskelig-å-bli-kvitt.-Foto-Rolf-Ma (1200x627, 60K)

I find like 2 a week or so, it seems they only move at night so if I turn the lights on it catches them by surprise. Haven't seen any damage on my books so I don't bother beyond killing those I find scurrying around.

it didn't look like that, more like in op photo and it could climb on wall

I was in similar situation after I had my apartment repainted. You gotta find their nest and keep at it for months eggs can hatch even if everyone has croaked

>The type in the picture is not a Silverfish (Lepisma saccharina) but Ctenolepisma longicaudata.
could it explain this?

i think i saw a few of those, but they are harmless
the ones with more shell and armor with claws on their ass, now those are a threat
they lay eggs in peoples ears during sleep

Yep, 100% sealing is the way to go. I actually had a an argument with the national expert on these fuckers about whether or not 100% sealing was possible. He said in theory it was possible but in practice it would be difficult, same with the exterminators but they obviously dont' want to admit you can actually seal your apartment and deny these fuckers egg nesting places. So I actually paid a carpenter to inspect my sealing efforts and he could not find a single gap anywhere in the apartment, he was impressed with my levels of autism.

You were just unlucky, they do not bite typically.

Yeah, we have silverfish and earwigs and stuff. They are pretty gross but I leave them alone (like most buggies) my biggest bug troubles come from ants, I live on first floor (ground floor) and they come after cat food in waves of thousands if any falls on the ground or I feed cats on the ground. I have to feed them high up on the counter because of this unfortunately. If my cats puke/hairball and I don't get it right away, I'll come home and to clean up gross puke that is also covered in giant black ants! It is troubles

Really?

>permethrin
What is it and how do you use it?

I also dump boiling water into this now and then
just to be sure

Attached: golvbrunn_vvs-forum.jpg (800x1200, 210K)