Your cunt. do you oppose death penalty? if so, then what's the exact reasons to oppose it

your cunt. do you oppose death penalty? if so, then what's the exact reasons to oppose it.

japan. i'm not against death penalty. that person who committed arson should be excuted too.

Attached: 286B75D1-20E8-45FA-8D1F-950571C93519.jpg (828x734, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/28/death-penalty-study-4-percent-defendants-innocent
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

too many innocent people are executed. if we could be sure 100% of the time i would support it for especially cruel crimes, but i'd rather set 100 guilty men free then condemn 1 innocent man

Shinji Aoba should get the Order of the Rising Sun for destroying KyoAnus and saving anime

death is an easy getaway
why wouldnt you want to punish the criminals properly

I’m against it. I don’t believe any government should have the power or right to kill its own citizens. I also think it’s ineffective way to deter criminals and a waste of taxpayer money. It costs more money in my cunt to put a criminal on death row than it does to keep them in prison for life. Not to mention that it’s an immature revenge fantasy that doesn’t actually make anything better.

Flag
No
It is like sending a message to potential murderers and copycats to not to the same so I am fine with it
>that person who committed arson should be excuted too
Soon my friend, soon

>KyoAnus poster is American
Who could have guessed?

Flag
No, forced labour until they die of exhaustion would be better for those that committed premeditated murders

>Flag
>Abolished death sentence in 1981
I think death sentence should be used with some crimes like pedophilia, murder...but it can be risky for innocent People like sometimes in USA.
In France we used a remote death sentence during the fall of ISIS when there was a risk of all the french terrorists sandniggers wanting to come back, France send 2 death commandos in order to kill them all. I think the 3/4 are dead

Neutral

I think it's a luxury that we don't need the death penalty.
But I'm not principally against it. It can be very fitting.

>Yeah, some people deserve to be killed for their crimes.

Attached: 1562821469949.jpg (735x884, 48K)

The death penalty is stupid because it makes criminals suffer less. Having them rot in prison is objectively the best way to handle things.

i sometimes think in the way like yours. but when you think about it, it's ridiculous that our money are used to keep them alive, isn't it?
i thought that death penalty takes less costs in every country. why do death penalty costs more than keeping them alive?

Against. No person, or group of people (especially the government) should have the right to decide who lives and dies. Also this:
If you fuck up, the mistake is irreversible.

Appeals and shit

Pedophilia isn't even a crime, and you want to execute people for it? What a fucking retard.

At the expense of everybody else

look above. i'm now sure that Jow Forums is literally /leftypol/.

In France it is, perkele mongoloïd

Not in America. Court cases are expensive in the US. Especially with the extra steps automatically triggered by death row. You go through tons and tons of court appeals and trials etc before being executed. It's also a lengthy process lasting many years in most cases, so they also have to pay for your jail costs, and provide you with a lawyer for the entire time, and they must pay their lawyers to fight against you.
Japan has a more conservative view of death penalty than any other modernized country, you might be biased

I don't see the point of death penalty except for spies. If someone has committed a terrible crime, he should suffer for a long time in jail / gulag / whatever. Also if there's a wrong conviction, you can always release him. Death penalty only makes sense for spies.

He means child molestation/rape

And how do you prove someone is a spy?

He should say that then.

That's why counter-intelligence is a thing.

Flag
Yes
Even if it was applied 100% fairly and accurately (it isn't), I don't believe the state should have that right.

positive: no cost for long imprisonment, potentially deterring
negative: state has the legal ability to kill, no way of pardoning potential wrongly convicted innocents
tough question. On the one hand I feel there are crimes for which one deserves death, on the other hand it's kinda disconcerting for some jurists to have the ability to decide over somebody's life.

Flag
I'm in favor of death penalty and lethal self defense regardless of the weapon used by the attacker

what do you think of the guillotine

We used it until 1977, it was pretty badass imo

i don't know which is biased. the whole world is the left now and you might think that japan is the right but hmm. i don't know? maybe you guys are biased too?

ah i see.

Nice but too shiny, would rather deal with criminals in a non-memorable way. Injection or bullet to the back of the head with no audience

cringe

Death penalty should only be applied when you can be 100% shure the person is guilty and not used by others. So ideally its someone caught red handed e.g. Kyoani arsonyst would have lived the last 20 years in a hole without contact to the outside world and then murders everyone in plain sight -> death penalty.
I really like your system of leting them in the unknown thats maybe even harsher than death itself if he can never know he might only have 3 days left.

No, I fully support it, especially for serial murders and traitors, so long as they are proven beyond reasonable doubt. Too many people against it are too soft and/or emotional; I have no problem with state killing enemies of the people, it is no different from sending soldiers out to kill enemies in war, and any complaints about costs is due to the exact people opposing the death penalty driving up costs with wasting time in court, etc. A bullet is actually very cheap, keeping them in jail for the rest of their lives is expensive and a luxury.

You are only figuring this out now?

>I really like your system of leaving them in the unknown thats maybe even harsher than death itself if he can never know he might only have 3 days left.
This.

>it is no different from sending soldiers out to kill enemies in war
If you want to make a war analogy it's more like shooting a POW

No it's more like executions after war crime tribunals, they had their due process, they are not killed indiscriminately.

The similarity is that the people are under government control and no longer pose any threat that can be ameliorated by killing them

Pretty much this
I think plenty of people deserve death, but death penalty is giving corrupt politicians a tool to dispose of whoever they deem unconvienient

There's nothing immature about revenge
>It costs more money in my cunt to put a criminal on death row than it does to keep them in prison for life.
How come?

>no longer pose any threat
Neither do dead people, and like I said, a bullet is cheaper than the luxury of keeping them alive in jail for 50 years. Killers are going to be immortalised by the mentally ill whether you kill them or not, just look at all those women that marry serial killers in jail.

Plus, killers get released for various reasons such as on compassionate grounds all the time, the lockerbie bomber is a famous case in the UK for example, whereas death removes the threat once and for all.

I'd agree but forced labour isn't really worth it. You need to hire guards, cooks, medics, suppliers and all sorts of other people just so some subhuman can crush rocks with a pick axe or put up railroads, which all couldbe nowadays done with a machine much more effectively. Waste of money.

Nope. I'm thinking of killing them and then take out their organs to be donated to hospitals. That way, at least they managed to be useful to the society while still paying for their crimes.

>death sentence is right wing
Ever heard of any commie regime ever? They executed people like it's nothing

>smoke a blunt
>death penalty

Only for first degree murders, pieces of shit like charles manson should have been executed a long time ago.

It is a moral good for society.

yes. but if the proof is clear as hell like john wayne gacy and other serial killer and spy

They don't. They killed polacks which isn't a crime.

criminals should be shot to death with crossbows. or stabbed until they bleed dry

murderers should just get executed if they're 100% sure to be guilty
saves lots of tax payers money in the long run too

Portugal.
Against.
Don't want state power to have the authority to kill non-active threats.

That's because of your countries autistic trial system. All you need is some stones and a few throwers.

True.
theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/28/death-penalty-study-4-percent-defendants-innocent
>At least 4.1% of all defendants sentenced to death in the US in the modern era are innocent.
>Deliberately conservative figure lays bare extent of possible miscarriages of justice suggesting that the innocence of more than 200 prisoners still in the system may never be recognised.
Just imagine the numbers in shitholes like Brazil or the Philippines.

B&rp

because the goal is to remove the criminal from society, preferably with low cost, not to get some autistic revenge on them

>b-but some are innocent
are you guys seriously suggesting people go through due process whilst having nothing to do with a crime?
That is such a fracrion of a fraction of a minority, that it's a risk I'd be willing to take.
Criminals should have their hands chopped off at the least.

Flag.
I support the death penalty because it's cool.

Based. "Wah they deserve it" boomers can leave

>gets beheaded for smoking a joint
Nice..

You don't take any risk. You're willing to risk other peoples lives. Which isn't a risk FOR YOU

yes, if there is sufficient evidence and depending on what seriousness of the crime.

Criminals who commit crimes severe enough to get that should be forced to fight in modern day gladiator games which people pay to watch and that money used to fund the prisons instead of tax money

the^ and slash what xd

fk scratch that as well, fk i m tired.

Prison system is idiotic. Being a convict for long periods of time is basically being NEET - government pays for your existence because you killed some people or sold drugs.

Easier just to ship them to Siberia, or execute. I like Siberia personally, very old school way of doing it, and it gives them a chance to persevere and escape.

NEETs should also be executed to save taxpayers money

N

I oppose it because I'm a Christian
If you execute someone, you rob him of opportunity to repent and save his soul
Even if he kills a thousand innocent people, one immortal soul is worth more than a thousand earthly lives.
I'd dather just give the guy a prison cell, a Bible and enough time to think about what he did
Also, what if the verdict is wrong and you execute a wrong person (innocent person, mother covering for her child etc.)

Death penalty should be reserved for people who are absolutely unrehabilitatable. Serial killers etc

I'd force the prisoners do data labeling desu
They can't really escape like they could if all of them were doing agriculture and construction, while the work is highly sought after

>raped/murdered/robbed from two innocent random young women.

he deserved to death penalty.

fuck remove """"""men"""""""from earth.

Wow, you are insane!
This is why Christ fags are never taken seriously. Well, I hope your family gets raped and murdered. See how you truly feel afterwards, c uck.

I agree. Kill all m*le pigs.

Flag
No

If you kill someone heinously enough there should be little excuse not to kill you back. I'm not Hammurabi levels of eye-for-an-eye, but I do think punishment should fit the crime. Hell, even in Texas a death sentence must be a unanimous vote by a jury. If one juror says "No." then the perpetrator gets a life sentence. However, you go around killing kids? And expect a life sentence? I hope the jury laughs at you while drinking champagne giving you the death penalty.

Well, it's the current Godless society that is causing all the murders to happen in the first place
If the states would take an approach I described and educate people a little bit, we'd have much fewer murderers

I agree, also if we improve the process to guarantee success I'd also like to see wait times for execution reduced from several years to several months at most.

Yes, who has the moral highground to say who dies and who doesn't? It's pretty subjective thing desu and also doesn't make sense in our modern society. Besides that it's just a "YEAH KILL EM" rather then actually doing something to fix the problem and it's easy way for the criminal to not suffer any consequences

Why not use the prisoners money to pay all that, and if he can't, kill him rightaway?

Japan's death penalty is very cruel.

When an execution order has been issued, the condemned prisoner is informed in the morning of their execution.
Yes.
death row inmates are scared by the footsteps of the guards every morning...

Why yes, I support the public executions of murderers, terrorists, rapists, drug dealers and spies. How could you tell?

Attached: 1508404057658s.jpg (250x250, 4K)

It's a waste, they could be used for testing experimental medicines

it's rarely about the actual punishment/law, it's all about implementation
and that's where it fails
see cases are just so horrendous that imo death penalty should be an option
but then the idea that someone might be executed out of a technicality makes me want to reconsider
in practice, it's more of an economic choice: do you pay the pile of money it costs to keep degenerates in prison, in the hopes of rehabilitation, or do you just cut your costs and take a life

nice proxy

death penalty should be reserved for those who support the death penalty, me included