Walmart tried to establish itself in Germany until back in 2005. They failed because the prices were barely competitive...

Walmart tried to establish itself in Germany until back in 2005. They failed because the prices were barely competitive, Germans thought the products lacked in quality and to them Walmarts' "door greeters" were unbecoming. Also videos showed up, showing employees being forced into doing obligatory dance and sing performances before working shifts and Germans thought those were humiliating practices for ordinary retail workers.

Attached: CNXYCZbUsAATHlw.jpg (557x302, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JOkQJm_UGM4
nytimes.com/2006/08/02/business/worldbusiness/02walmart.html
huffpost.com/entry/why-did-walmart-leave-ger_b_940542
youtube.com/watch?v=HpPUUWp5sO4
youtube.com/watch?v=X6nQ4-_rPj0
vocaroo.com/i/s1HCb2qhwqW9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This kind of explains why USA keeps growing and Germany is stagnating.

I REALLY do not care.

Why are Americans so cringey?

youtube.com/watch?v=JOkQJm_UGM4

Sounds nothing like the retail i worked in like CVS and H&M. I just dealt with shitty Karens trying to return shit they obviously shoplifted or scream if their expired coupoun didnt work.

Thank you for your service Sargent Rodriguez. How is weather in Pyeongtaek?

What does H&M do with all those old clothes that people give in exchange for discount coupons?

Thank you for your service

Attached: 6293ee584d4e75d80831a0c0cc66fcbc28f978ae8244a56e3fb4765585f135ae.jpg (1250x870, 244K)

>Walmart morning chant
Do they really?

redpilled

dallas shooter was based as fuck

>morning chant
Do Americans really?

>chant
Americans really?

do walmart employees worldwide have to say the pledge of allegiance every morning?

>yes Mr. Shekelstein, pls whip me again so we can have that GDP

The Greeters would be enough reason for me to shop elsewhere too.

I heard that it's common in America to smile on the street at the total strangers and to strike up conversation with somebody next to you for no reason

why are americans so weird

WE
ARE
WE
ARE
WALMART

The CRT TV in my room that I originally got for the 2006 World Cup was from Wal-Mart

Attached: 1551960024567.jpg (700x609, 118K)

based germans

Based, the american mentality is completely sick

does the American flag behind the black guy look like a watermelon on purpose?

nytimes.com/2006/08/02/business/worldbusiness/02walmart.html
>In Germany, Wal-Mart stopped requiring sales clerks to smile at customers — a practice that some male shoppers interpreted as flirting — and scrapped the morning Wal-Mart chant by staff members.
>“People found these things strange; Germans just don’t behave that way,” said Hans-Martin Poschmann, the secretary of the Verdi union, which represents 5,000 Wal-Mart employees here.
>“They didn’t understand that in Germany, companies and unions are closely connected,” Mr. Poschmann said. “Bentonville didn’t want to have anything to do with unions. They thought we were communists.”
>Compounding the problem, Wal-Mart shut down the headquarters of one of the chains, infuriating employees who opted to quit rather than move. Such a decision would have been routine in the United States, where Ms. Keck said, “moving is a big part of the Wal-Mart culture.” In Germany, she said, it prompted an exodus of talented executives.

huffpost.com/entry/why-did-walmart-leave-ger_b_940542
>One issue was the chanting. Walmart employees are required to start their shifts by engaging in group chants and stretching exercises, a practice intended to build morale and instill loyalty. Fiendish as it sounds, Walmart employees are required to stand in formation and chant, "WALMART! WALMART! WALMART!" while performing synchronized group calisthenics.
>Another issue was the smiling. Walmart requires its checkout people to flash smiles at customers after bagging their purchases. Plastic bags, plastic junk, plastic smiles. But because the German people don't usually smile at total strangers, the spectacle of Walmart employees grinning like jackasses not only didn't impress consumers, it unnerved them.

HAHAHAHAHA AMERICANS DO REALLY HAHAHA

Attached: 1443545665071.gif (294x238, 3.01M)

I HEARD THAT AMERICANS_______

Attached: images (14).jpg (378x378, 18K)

>“Bentonville didn’t want to have anything to do with unions. They thought we were communists.”

The virgin goy burger and the chad autist german.

American culture is so mentally ill, holy shit

They do really. I've talked to an American friend about the whole smiling thing, he said that he thinks he would miss strangers smiling at him if he moved to Europe cause he likes when that happens. It's so fucking weird

Jews are SEETHING

Walmart also failed in Spain. I think they tried to open two stores but they tanked and sold them.

>“Bentonville didn’t want to have anything to do with unions. They thought we were communists.”
typical for americans

Attached: 1548060071882.png (488x340, 275K)

Attached: 1556089614310.jpg (2048x1051, 230K)

>Communists
Oh my fucking god

Attached: IMG_20190729_001218.jpg (750x1000, 70K)

Attached: 1548200094493.png (801x798, 707K)

>be American company
>Ban flirting
Can't make this shit up

Attached: 6dBt2Oj.jpg (251x242, 15K)

You're not truly American if you don't think giving your employees basic human rights is communism.

Attached: 1548062619204.webm (800x450, 2.03M)

Attached: 1548060919954.jpg (1600x815, 174K)

>obligatory dance and sing performances before working shifts
STOMP STOMP CLAP
STOMP STOMP CLAP

OKAY JUST ME NOW

>“moving is a big part of the Wal-Mart culture.”
>Wal-mart culture
Do americans

Its common for old people to do that here but I never see anybody younger than boomers acknowledging your existence

>be told to smile at customers and act like you're basically ready to suck their cock
>"But no flirting with your co-workers! We don't want you to ENJOY your stay here, your emotions belong to WAL-MART™"

Is she really crying because she find vegetables disgusting, or am I missing something?

if walmart infects here it will be the deathknell of any kind of independent shops. kind of sad to think about it because I hear they're trying to get a foot in the door.

>chanting
>door greeters
>moving around is part of the work culture

Americans are extremely mentally ill. I feel sorry for them. The modern USA is dystopian nightmare.

Considering you're just desert amis you're fucked, new worlder

>One issue was the chanting. Walmart employees are required to start their shifts by engaging in group chants and stretching exercises, a practice intended to build morale and instill loyalty. Fiendish as it sounds, Walmart employees are required to stand in formation and chant, "WALMART! WALMART! WALMART!" while performing synchronized group calisthenic

reminds me of that simpsons episode

Attached: YAH YAH.gif (480x360, 1.23M)

Walmarts here didn't have greeters until a year or two ago. Its so fucking weird to me, why would I want to be greeted by some 18yo stoner who has to stand there and greet everybody he sees for 8 hours. Fuck off I'm just here to buy shit not talk to a zoomer for no reason.

I think that's the woman only ate tater tots or something her entire life and didn't like anything else so in the show they try to make her have a normal diet

walmarts job hours are also stupid, they require you to basically be "on call" for hours and their health and safety is a farce as well. i think if they came over here they would lobby the gov to depower unions. and knowing our gov, they would get on their knees to please the company, rights be damned

>Wal-Mart culture
holy shit

Attached: 1537863785681.jpg (1462x1462, 801K)

>NEW WORLDERS HAVE NO CULTURE
checkmate yuropoors

At my job its actually written in the rules that dating other employees is prohibited

10/10

Do americans really?

Attached: 1533652323327.png (300x350, 27K)

>>One issue was the chanting. Walmart employees are required to start their shifts by engaging in group chants and stretching exercises, a practice intended to build morale and instill loyalty. Fiendish as it sounds, Walmart employees are required to stand in formation and chant, "WALMART! WALMART! WALMART!" while performing synchronized group calisthenics.

must be fake

>he doesn't know
youtube.com/watch?v=HpPUUWp5sO4
It's real.

this is so unsettling but hilarious

Attached: 1346477233408.png (576x576, 212K)

I refuse to believe this is real

Attached: 1427462904784.png (662x697, 44K)

Imagine being too autistic, creepy and tacky for a German LMAO

Attached: 1563178588049.jpg (768x1024, 145K)

It is, you can find tonnes of articles like that.

I checked the youtube comments. Americans really do. I hope their softpower shrink so we never ever pick up their mentality

Attached: cat-on-keyboard.jpg (507x337, 24K)

I'd find someone who gets paid to greet everyone who enters creepy as well

Cant corner the dorner

Okay let's give me a rhythm!
Follow me

We are, we are Walmart
We are, we are Walmart
Everybody
One more time
We are, we are Walmart
Last time
We are, we are Walmart

Okay me now
Young man, young girl
Welcome to Wally-world
You’re gonna be a cashier someday
You got blood on your face
You love this place
Movin' those carts all over the place

Singin'
We are, we are Walmart
We are, we are Walmart
2 more times
We are, we are Walmart
We are, we are Walmart

>when your American manners are so weird you end making Germans seem normal

Attached: 1563263187324.jpg (904x735, 78K)

Attached: 1555828600738.jpg (960x928, 75K)

What the fuck?

youtube.com/watch?v=X6nQ4-_rPj0

what the fuck

Your love belongs to the corporation, goy.

Your children belong to us

Attached: 1528380587311.png (1000x452, 527K)

I mean they'll make small talk but if they're zoomers they will be texting and occasionally look up at you.

Attached: why do americans do this.jpg (3264x2233, 647K)

That Americans, do really ?

The bossman seems to be having fun

I tried to sing the American anthem
vocaroo.com/i/s1HCb2qhwqW9

Attached: .png (371x532, 281K)

the one in the image is the dallas guy not dorner
both were based as fuck though

>morning chant at the workplace
AHAHAHAH
DO AMERICANS??

Bongs do small talk too, I think that's where burgers took it from
t. random grandpa in the UK stsrted to talk to me about the weather, it was nice but a bit awkward and I had no clue what's going on

Only old people do that cause they're lonely

This, even my inmigrant grandparents do it. It's nice until they have nothing to talk about and then just repeat everything

>Walmart employees are required to stand in formation and chant, "WALMART! WALMART! WALMART!" while performing synchronized group calisthenics
oh my sides
almost spit out my coffee reading this

>vocaroo.com/i/s1HCb2qhwqW9
based

Attached: lol6.png (247x248, 127K)

STOMP STOMP CLAP
STOMP STOMP CLAP
WE ARE WE ARE WALMART
CMON EVERYBODY

Attached: 1457892372853.gif (800x430, 897K)

YOU'RE GONNA BE A CASHIER SOMEDAY

>dating other employees is prohibited

lol

>They failed because the prices were barely competitive
>Jow Forums memes for an entire thread about chanting greeters

Both are reasons why they failed in Germany, though. If it were just about the prices, they wouldn't have made SUCH huge losses (estimated around 3 billion €)

>fav'rite
Do you read this any differently than favorite?

>“They didn’t understand that in Germany, companies and unions are closely connected,” Mr. Poschmann said. “Bentonville didn’t want to have anything to do with unions. They thought we were communists.”
This part is absolutely true though, Unions are extremely communist in practice.

My brain starts reading it as FAHV until it realises it's just a retarded way of saying favourite and corrects itself

t. walmart employee

Attached: wearewalmart.jpg (480x360, 18K)

t. Private Gomez

I hope the Chinese nuke Amerikkka one day

>everyone is looking out for himself in capitalism and screws everyone else over
>nooo you can't hurt my company by looking out for your own good
Unions are the most capitalist thing there is

Unions are supported by antfifa radical commies in the US. All they want to do is milk the company dry without putting any effort to work themselves which leads to the whole company failing in the end. Unions are cancer

ok wagecuck

If you are getting employed, you are selling your labour in the free market. You're providing a service. It's completely fine for you to band together with other labour service providers and declare that you will all have to be paid X much or you won't work.

But if you are an employer providing a service, you can't band together with other service providers and decide that you will all have to be paid X or you won't work, because that's a cartel, and the government starts pointing guns at you.

I don't know about Germany, but over here union deals even concern employers that don't sign the union's collective labour agreement. In fact, it's illegal to break a contract you didn't even sign. Again the government is pointing guns at you.

It's an extremely communist concept, only workers are allowed to make collective deals. Any dissenter gets shot.