Is tipping common in your country?

is tipping common in your country?

Attached: tip.png (2837x1440, 749K)

when i was in france all the restaurants expected tips and added gratuity fees for parties of 4 or more

So we are basically Japs and Koreans of Caucasus. Lovely to know that

No but delivery apps guilt-trip you into tipping, it's the most cancerous shit.

No

It is common in five star level of fancy places. Beside that, I've only seen people occasionally tip their barbers.

based japan

europeans round up the bill because they're too stupid to use a calculator

>be waiter in fucking Svalbard
>freeze you ass serving beers to wannabe scientists armed with shotguns
>no tips
What a shit life.

>tf
>tp

we do tip sometimes here, especially if the waiter asks

Meme map.
Tips in Russia are not expected in most places. Tips are good by etiquette in top knotch places. Tips still okay in most of restaurants and bars with waiters, and expected if you rent table with big company.
American fast food branches, which you expected to tip in America, like Starbucks, Dunkin donuts, are just fast foods and tipping there is weird.

Yes

I never tipped once in my entire life

99% use debit card here, and you see its tourist season at your local restaurant when they add the extra line on the card terminal where you can tip before you enter your pin. never see that the rest of the year. its illegal to ask for tip here but they need to keep the option open just to milk american tourists even more.

No

Tipping here is meaningless

We had an italian group of 3 visit us and when I did quick math to add up the tip they were left in awe.

if im paying 35 dollars for a shitty pizza at pepes while having to listen to a swedish guy and his duck-like accent im not tipping, sorry not sorry

AHAHAHAHA

I dont get tipping in america. I mean whats the point of tipping if its mandatory. And using percentages is retarded and a waste of time. Here you pay with a bill and if the waiter was nice you tell him to keep the change

in Colombia it depends on the place, most places don't ask for tips.

>insulted if tipped
??

in Poland it's not expected really. Maybe in larger cities with tourists it is, but I rarely tip and the service is the same.

I only tip cute girls/hot guys

>is tipping common in your country?
yes, but not in places like McDonalds for some reason

Can somebody from Croatia explain what's the deal with tipping in their country? I was there this summer.

>go to dinner
>pay with cash
>can't tip with card
>??

Do they find it rude when you don't pay cash because of this?

>??
Imagine a picture of a beggar with a cup and people dropping change there.
Thats basically how tipping is seen here. You are saying to that guy that he's a bomzh and needs a financial aid.
Thats how its here at least. I guess Koreans and Japs have similar reasons.

That made me wonder. Why don't we tip at mcdonalds?

I have to tip my
-taxi driver
-hair dresser
-pizza delivery guy
-bartender
-guy who helps me move my shit to the hotel room

Hell, people are starting to tip teachers in my school district. Why dont we tip mcdonalds workers?

also, checkem

wow, you're a failure

Oh, I get it. Weird that it's seen like that in Georgia too

You didn't leave the tourist areas, how sad...

As i see it the only places you tip are where you have waiters, in mc donalds and other fast food joints you make a line, order your shit and pick it at the counter, so no tips there

i'm glad this is not quints... embarrassing

not common

Yes

you dont need to tip, since you already paid enough to make everyone working there earn enough. thats how it shoud be. usually you cant even tip if you pay by card, its a feature they turn on in high sessons or typical tourist areas just to get that little extra from thoose suckers who think 15%+ is an international rule (mostly americans)

It's common to tip waiters, yes
I haven't seen people tip for other services though

>No but delivery apps guilt-trip you into tipping
Yeah, tipping the app and not the drivers. Give them cash in person or nothing.

>he thinks he has to be sorry
Adorable!

it's not my obligation to pay underpaid employees.

thats common here as well.
>order pizza delivery
>pizza arrives
>guy punch in numbers and hands me reader
>insert card punch code
>no option for tip
>no spitting on pizza
>grocery store
>buy beer'n shit
>pay with card
>no option for tip
>no spitting on grocerys
whats the difference?

Tipping should be made illegal. These business owners should shoulders the wage costs with all the tax cuts they receive instead of passing it on to the customers.

In Japan, tipping is basically saying "Your business is doing poorly, so I'm giving you money to compensate".

>insulted if tipped
That should be the worldwide rule

>rounding up the bill expected
wtf no