/brit/

Makes you think doesn’t it

Attached: 796C2C69-04D4-4774-A53D-FA0066867AC9.jpg (800x634, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

is2.Jow
twitter.com/AnonBabble

NEW

Arse

so? they were fully connected with their labour and it had real intrinsic meaning for them, unlike how abstract and obscure the fruits of our labour have become today.

besides that the average (English) Freeman of the middle ages, had FAR more free time than modern people do.
at the very least they had holidays for every Saints day in the case of medieval Europeans, and they had their beer halls, their commons, their town squares, and so on with strong communities and a richer experience.

On this day in British History

>642 – Battle of Maserfield: Penda of Mercia defeats and kills Oswald of Northumbria.
>910 – The last major Danish army to raid England for nearly a century is defeated at the Battle of Tettenhall by the allied forces of Mercia and Wessex, led by King Edward the Elder and Æthelred, Lord of the Mercians.
>1100 – Henry I is crowned King of England in Westminster Abbey.
>1305 – William Wallace, who led the Scottish resistance against England, is captured by the English near Glasgow and transported to London where he is put on trial and executed.
>1583 – Sir Humphrey Gilbert establishes the first English colony in North America, at what is now St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador.
>1620 – The Mayflower departs from Southampton, England, carrying would-be settlers, on its first attempt to reach North America; it is forced to dock in Dartmouth when its companion ship, the Speedwell, springs a leak
>1775 - Maharaja Nandakumar was hanged in Calcutta (now Kolkata). This was the last hanging for forgery by the British in India.
>1781 – The Battle of Dogger Bank takes place.
>1816 – The British Admiralty dismisses Francis Ronalds's new invention of the first working electric telegraph as "wholly unnecessary", preferring to continue using the semaphore.
>1858 – The first transatlantic cable was officially opened, with Queen Victoria sending a telegraphic message to US President James Buchanan.
>1916 – World War I: Battle of Romani: Allied forces, under the command of Archibald Murray, defeat an attacking Ottoman army under the command of Friedrich Freiherr Kress von Kressenstein, securing the Suez Canal and beginning the Ottoman retreat from the Sinai Peninsula.
>1976 – The clock overlooking the Houses of Parliament stops for the first time in 117 years.

Attached: 30962EE2-B4A2-45BA-8CA1-17714BB815A9.jpg (640x383, 39K)

Wasn’t arguing that, was just saying that you would be less likely to be bored as a peasant as you would always have some job that needed doing

Nobody cares mate, look towards tomorrow

Newf.g

anyone seen moni lads? god she's so based

>don't microwave fish at work
lmao do this just to trigger tastelets

If you are sad and boring then delete your social media. You will stop caring so much about what people think of you, becoming more interesting in the process and you wil not feel like your opinions are super important to the point they worth listening too (no one cares because everyone is self-centered in the "west")

this is easily the worst gimmick going

Good post, don't let the JF that doesn't fucking belong here put you off.

the past is still important for understanding our world today

Dick

It's obviously Amer doing it.

this is cope for autists who can't face interacting with our world today because it's fluid and can't be easily quantified and remembered like a series of dates

It's NOT a gimmick

I'm NOT her you fucking retard and HER name is MONI

our labour lacks clear value and meaning, only a vague number value you get from your employer.
for the medieval man his labour had clear obvious value so he did not feel lacking even when he committed an entire day to it.
he could take pride in the fruits of his labour while for many of us today it is difficult to do so.
only designated socially acceptable and Instagram worthy events are "real fun"

Arses should be round and firm, but that doesn't automatically mean big.

postnumber
shitpost
redditspace
postnumber
shitpost

Thinking of the yanks who died in the shooting.

Attached: 51zLZbEVSTL._SL1200_[1].jpg (1200x1200, 60K)

imagine thinking the average surf in the middle ages took "clear value and meaning" from his labour. historical festishism is so fucking stupid.

Have you seen Moni's? it's quite cute

A couple of years ago a Chinese neighbour of mine had come back from Hong Kong after living away for a few years. (he had rented the house out while he was away but then decided to move back into the property when he returned to the UK). I noticed when he came back that his wheelie bin wasn’t there. There was a wee bit of confusion as the council hadn’t even introduced wheelie bins at the time when he had left for Hong Kong. I didn’t know if someone had stolen his bin or maybe it was that the council hadn’t bothered to give him one. So, being the concerned neighbour that I am I went up to him and said “Hey Paul!” (real name was Chinese but he adopted an Anglo name for when he was over here) I said to him “Hey Paul where’s your bin?” and he says “I been Hong Kong” I laughed and said no “where’s your wheelie bin!” and then he replies “no I wheelie bin Hong Kong”

I have a great business idea:
I have an old ugly drawer like from the 80s or something it's nothing special it's just really ugly
so...
I have a lot of ceramic scrap that I can smash into little bits also broken dishes and china
I've decided that I could make sort of a mosaic covering to it! It will cost nothing and I bet some artbender is willing to pay at least 100 euros if I make it really really good - or even more!

Attached: 80c77ee0.png (400x383, 86K)

What? the past is incredibly important it’s the reason everything is the way it is. Also most people who are into history are also very interested in current events, after all its going to be history one day except you can say you lived through it.

If you x, you will z
Simple as

Find london boring. You can only go to so many art galleries and old buildings and drink so many overpriced drinks.

Want to go abroad

They were innocent mexicans, not yankoids.

Stuff all my rubbish down the toilet too

Anything can be considered art if you can convenience a group of rich old Jewish people

Attached: 644a71a0.jpg (400x400, 16K)

>m-muh facts, I n-need them!
yeah ok you're not autistic then, well done

Holy fucking grimyon rings

Just go outside Lundun. I heard Englandshire is a nice place.

bizarre post

I for one look forward to telling my great grandkids about how I was there when BoJo restarted the Empire.

Not a fan of this beer
Fruity beers are usually bad

Attached: A707F4E2-B51D-49FC-90E5-A5C4FE370824.jpg (4032x3024, 2.68M)

still think being a peasant would have been pretty shit, if it was so good why were there so many peasant revolts?

If what happened on El Paso is a reaction to people being threatened by demographic change, which they feel threatens their identity, culture, future and existence, how do you convince these people that demographic change is a good thing for them?

History is all lies and half-truths.

why are you stuttering?

I miss her

Attached: 1565001881962.webm (960x558, 1.97M)

only jewish person i need to convince is machine jew, need him to return and post more vids

I guess quotes must work differently back on reddit

where's she gone lad

no idea never been there just seems a bit weird to stutter in text that's all

just saw a video of an american traffic cop giving someone a $50 ticket for "loitering" at a bus stop while they wait for their bus

Attached: 1564942230748.png (469x560, 9K)

I see where you are coming from but being critical of sources is an integral part of studying history.
Besides we have mountains of evidence since the 17th century onwards.
You definitely have a point with ancient and medieval history though

Would you rather spend a year in ancient Egypt or ancient China?

you misunderstand the meaning of value
his work was valuable in that he could clearly see and feel the results of his labour and his own actions had a direct effect on not only him but his family and community.
the value was very clear to him which gave motivation and sometimes pride in the work.

for modern man the value is often obscure and nebulous, most times being represented by an abstract number going up or down on a computer screen. maybe we intellectually know the purpose of our own labour but it is far more abstract compared to the work of the farmer, and thus less satisfying and less "personally" valuable.

4.5 million subs, all gone, like tears in the rain.

ancient china for sure
dont like sand or beetles, but i love a good chinky takeaway

could've sworn I clicked Jow Forums not /his/

How rich am I in either scenario?

ancient Cheadle

you're a boring person, that's the issue. We've been over this a dozen times pal

Labeling content as 'NSFW" is redundant as the internet should not be used at work unless it's to improve productivity

went out last night and had a thoroughly unenjoyable night. Think I'm going to find something else to do rather than seshing

alri homealone how goes it

/brit/ actually has better discussions about history than /his/ most of the time

Look at her

is2.Jow Forums.org/wsg/1564804135873.webm
is2.Jow Forums.org/wsg/1564845140236.webm
is2.Jow Forums.org/wsg/1564868016329.webm
is2.Jow Forums.org/wsg/1564855962013.webm

Attached: wow_wow.webm (540x960, 1.79M)

Amer is a man

Never a bore
Never a boar
Make my own luck
Fuck my own arse and suck my own cock
Make it happen i do
Do this in London and outside of London

What ever happened to Lachlan? Is he still around or did he just disappear?

t. Hasn’t posted on Jow Forums since March

genuinely repulsive
awful, awful visage

>realises a few weeks later that a dopamine buzz is addictive

im not a g nome im a g noblin!

Was a gnome frost mage back in vanilla and i raped holes in pvp

Bonbi is perfect

homealone isn't what i'd call boring (though his gimmicks and elements of his personality are), he is self-defeating though, much like this guy... the 'london is boring and there's nothing to be be done about' gimp

Been on Jow Forums every day for the past decade.

MONI IS A FUCKING WOMAN

>his work was valuable in that he could clearly see and feel the results of his labour and his own actions had a direct effect on not only him but his family and community.
this is no different at all to today. if anything you could argue it's greater today because there is a global support community.
>the value was very clear to him which gave motivation and sometimes pride in the work.
if anything the value was less clear as he did not own shit he was essentially forced to work on the land to maintain a place to live. he did not have a choice.
>for modern man the value is often obscure and nebulous, most times being represented by an abstract number going up or down on a computer screen. maybe we intellectually know the purpose of our own labour but it is far more abstract compared to the work of the farmer, and thus less satisfying and less "personally" valuable.
such nonsense. every number has it's equivalent value when you make £10 pounds an hour or whatever you can assess purchases in terms of the hourly value of your work.
it basicly sounds like you're whining about the financial/beaurocratic/whatever service industry of rich western society (which i agree in a broad sense has less intristic value than nurses or teachers or something with a clear value).
the idea however that surfs were somehow more fulfilled than the average person nowerdays because most of them had more "intrinsic" jobs is mind boggling naive.

If you spend more than like 7 hours on it, including selling and moving it, you're wasting your time and would have been better off working in McDonalds.

Well, using terms like "demographic change" are a start as it's simply taking the edge off terms like "invasion".
People will see through it though.

>hurr durr london isn't boring it's just you

nah mate, i'm done paying £100 for the latest meme restaurant and then going back to my hovel of an apartment despite being told i'm earing "a lot of money"

Think it's time to return to the provinces like anyone with any sense does

no shit. I do coke almost every weekend. But now I'm not even having much fun that's why I want to change, it's a waste of money and unproductive

the crispman cometh

>greentext
redditspace
blogpost
redditspace
blogpost

I want to fuck a British lad with a cockney accent so badly. Will any of you travel to São Paulo in the near future? Let's hook up

Attached: images (7).jpg (620x414, 33K)

Expecting a medal for this by the way.

sexy white girls should be sacrificed to the black gods

Amer is a man

bent twat

next level retard

Why live in a city when you can just visit for the weekend?

why post in /brit/ when you can fuck off?

I can see clearly now the flake is gone.
I can see all obstacles in my way.
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind.
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
bright (bright) sunshiny day.
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
bright (bright) sunshiny day.

what is there to do in the provinces that there isnt in london

if youre going back to some lovely rural hamlet then sure, i get that there are advantages (quieter, less people, beautiful nature walks), but if you are just going back to a midsize town/other city then literally what the fuck does EG Manchester or Leeds have that london doesnt

...is all you do in your life go to restaurants by yourself and then go home?

and you think your location is whats making your life boring?

postnumber
shitpost
redditspace
shitpost

>then literally what the fuck does EG Manchester or Leeds have that london doesnt
Less shitskins

More affordable, better surrounding countryside.

SHE is a WOMAN

did mikey the pikey get doxxed
not seen him for a bit

He posted yesterday

based black science man

Attached: wepfom.png (743x390, 31K)

>>>/soapopera/

Attached: bonbi_del_rey.webm (540x960, 1.64M)

me and the lads(sses)

Attached: 1564997285741.png (954x784, 1.82M)