Setting up a node

So who has already set up a node? I followed the medium article of thomas and it was more easy than I thought. Can't wait until mainnet arives.

100$ EOY

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-04 Screenshot.png (3840x1990, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/chainlink/running-a-chainlink-node-for-the-first-time-4988518c95d2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did you connect to public APIs? What does the node do so far? Are there test contracts run on the testnet? Do you use ropsten ETH or main ETH? Does it run on Windows 10?

Bump? OP, could you contribute to some discussion?

OP is a fucking larp

You stupid fucking cunt

The medium article by thomas is out there, you can read for yourself. It was out yesterday. It's actually quite easy to set up, and it's written so anyone with basic computer skills can follow along. Running the node and managing any apis is provides is another story. That's a bit more complex.

Sorry was in the bathroom, have some patience frens.
To answer your questions:
1. Did not connect to public Api’s jet, plan on doing that this week, maybe even today if I can find the time.
2. From what I can see you can create bridges and jobs. (Still too brainlet to know all the details, but I’m in the process of learning these things. (see image)
3. Haven’t done this yet, but from what I can see in the medium article you can run test contracts and play around with them a bit.
4. I use Ropsten
5. It is currently running flawlessly on Windows 10.
When I’m able to find more about running a node, I’ll try to post it on biz and keep you guys updated.

Attached: Screenshot.png (2560x1327, 53K)

Nice OP, good work. I was planning on doing the same thing this week after the article came out, I am a samefag for the first 2 replies btw... I hope I can learn all that shit before it gets serious so I don't lose out on the early mainnet linky rewards

I spent 6 hours yesterday trying to set it up and I couldn’t get it to work properly. Going to try again later

Keep us informed opie, this is interesting

I've been kicking myself for not throwing money into LinkPool, and even if I had I would be happy enough to get a proportion of total profits, but having seen how easy it is to spin up a node I'm feeling a lot better about everything.

If you have problems setting it up, ask thomas Hodges in the Telegram channel. He helped me out yesterday too. The team is really amazing and helpfull.

We gonna make it frens.

Nice. Yeah the most difficult thing would be to get the correct api data. It will be a race to find the most profitable and usable for business running on mainnet.

If Link moons, then this could very much be your passive source of income.

You say that now. I regret not going all in on LinkPool since I saw this infograph.

Attached: 1535297371596.png (1377x5000, 1.25M)

I bothered him all day yesterday about it on the Slack, I’m gonna keep trying on my own for a while before asking him again. When I run the Ethereum client on docker it references the wrong geth file and I’m not sure how to fix it. I might reinstall it and try again

Yo, i had this problem yesterday too. running this:
docker rm eth

Then reinstall the geth library. Let it run for an hour orso and it will probably work when you run the chainlink node.

How many LINKs you should invest to create a masternode OP?

And i am wondering how many links you can earn.

Wasn't the max amount 10000 in a node? I'll probably keep about 15000 Links for running a node. Even if you can't fill a node completely you could always share it with someone you can trust to fill that 10k.

No one knows yet
No one knows yet

Wow a good thread on biz. Nice work OP.

You must be the retard of Jow Forums i keep hearing about. Real me run full nodes. Technofags trust exchanges with their wealth. Hope you enjoy losing all your coin to some hack.

Jesus christ, what is this 2014?
These retards took a year to copy+paste some old bitcoin based wallet code to make this?