Why do people on here idolize a rural lifestyle? Don't you know how miserable life in the countryside is?

Why do people on here idolize a rural lifestyle? Don't you know how miserable life in the countryside is?

Attached: Farm1.jpg (836x627, 684K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpm68gNQJac
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Suburbanites always fantasize about rural living. Just learn to let it go.

It's nice to visit once in a while, but wouldn't want to move there. It's even worse now than when I was growing up. Only old people left and the gender ratio is fucked up. Pretty depressing tbqh

i live in the countryside and its much better than in the suburbs or the city
small towns (15-50k people) are ok too

yea, its most old people and men, but i dont really like modern society so i prefer to live on my own

Because you never fantasize with doing the work that takes living in a rural area.

Because they are 20 something yo manchildren who barely had experiences outside their warm and comfy glasshouse environment.

you are overexaggerating, its not that bad

american countrysides are filled with farmers and methheads. countrysides in europe sound comfy though.

I like this thread, have a bump.
How is it miserable?
All I can think of is it takes a while to get groceries and stuff like that.

>how miserable life in the countryside
How? I live in the countryside and make all of my food. I never work more than three hours a day during summer, and I have literally no work at winter. Granted, half of my income is from being a landlord, but still, tell me how bad is rural life.

Attached: Alexandra-Breckenridge-Wallpaper-for-Laptop.jpg (1440x810, 62K)

No, it's you who is understating. Or else you were lucky to live in a decent place.

The exclusive mentality of rural folks is unbearable.

I was hoping for something like this

Attached: Brokeback-Mountain-1024x688.jpg (1024x688, 102K)

you just live in a shit state you faggot

>half of my income is from being a landlord
There it explains entirely everything.

>The exclusive mentality of rural folks is unbearable.
this is true, people in rural areas are by large retards, but its not that hard unless youre a lazy spoiled faggot

It's not bad if you are used to it though.

i would honestly live anywhere except the suburbs, suburbs are pure cancer

Inner suburbs are fine

It's a fantasy rather than idolization, as this guy says. It's the same fantasy people have about 'living in simpler times', but it's more attainable. I also wonder where it comes from, and I've dabbled in this type of escapism myself - but I also remember that I love the city as well. I'm quite certain I'd be sick of it after a while, unless I'd be able to have all people nearby that I care about.

Depending on where in the countryside we are referring to but I don't think, say, dixie America with all its negative connotations differs significantly from anywhere here or Europe proper, I suppose wherever in the world hicks haven't got much else to do than get drunk or hooked on junk when alcohol doesn't manage to distract them anymore from their boring impoverished lives and lack of opportunity

Yeah but I still do agriculture and breeding pigs and hens. I manage to keep myself and my old relatives above the miserable world of the working class, but even if they all die, I'll never sell the land.

if you love the city than you clearly dont have that fantasy

I guess it largely depends on which region or country it is. One important factor to determine whether a country I fully developed is how civilized the countryside of the said country is. From that perspective South Korea is far from the developed world. I don't know how it is in the rural Europe though. Maybe despite their countries being less wealthy their people could be in fact more decent and more cultured than Koreans.

It's nice if you don't need to actualy work on the fiels.
Pleasure farming is nice.

i wouldnt want to go completely rural but semi rural as in just outside the suburb area. there are some of those where i live and it would only be an extra 5-10 min drive into the city but would be much more space and yard which is what i really want

How big is the average Bulgarian farm?

It's escapism, dude. It's a not-as-conciuos longing for making a somewhat drastic change in you life by dropping everything you have. I'm not saying it's obvious or logical, but it's there despite my realization that I'd miss city life. I moved to a small town of 110k, and I miss it already.

It's SHIT unless you're 70 years old
>t. surburbanite actually living rural atm
IT'S SHIT DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU IT'S NOT.

People's idea of fun in rural places are shit ass get togethers and barbeques. THEY SUCK. and there is NOTHING here. RUN WHILE YOU FUCKING CAN.

i dont like "development" tho
its just random villages here from under hundred (like the one where i live) to even thousand people or more and towns from 5-10k people or 15-50k people at best ehre and there
in villages there isnt much, mostly farming ahs been abandoned although it can still be found, small stores here and there, schools, maybe post offices, towns have more utilities available

its escapism for you because you are used to city living and dont care, its not that unattinable if you are into it
also 100k is a major city, wtf are you calling it a small town, there are like 3 cities with over 100k in my whole country

By development I didn't mean developed in the material aspect but in the spiritual one

It depends, my family was rich prior to the Soviet occupation so we had 16 acres of arable land, a pasture for the cattle, a section of the rive etc., which was all returned to my grandpa in 1989 when communism fell, but it was all wasteland by then, and what was salvageable, we sold.

So, nowadays, I basically have only my house and my yard.

then its absolute cancer
rural retards isnt a meme, its very real

When was Bulgaria under Soviet occupation?

16 acres is rich? It must've been good farmland. My great-granduncle inherited 20 acres of pasture and in western Ireland from a not too rich family

Yes. It was the worst part of the USSR.

>Bulgaria was part of the USSR
What timeline is this?

September 1944 - the end of 1945.

We were in the Axis and eventhough we never sent troops to the Eastern Front (military; we helped Germans with doctors and nurses etc.), we were technically an enemy, so they invaded us and put communists into power.

It depends on the country and the area ofc, i own 3000 acres of land and it's not a specially big farm in that zone.

Ours is a mountainous land :3
>rich
Rich for a peasant family, I mean.

>also 100k is a major city, wtf are you calling it a small town,
I've lived most of my life in a European city of ~2 million, so a city that's 5% of that feels small to me. Also it's unattaible in the sense that you'd have to drop your current life, otherwise it's just moving. It's not something that people are easily willing to do for obvious reasons.

My bad. It was a puppet state however

>you'd have to drop your current life
maybe your life is just more engaging, i wouldnt have any problem dropping my life in a second

110k is the optimal size for me

Nobody idolizes being a semi retarded inbred weakass coward farmer serf who toils all day for his potatoes and his taxes.

What everyone idolizes is being an untammed cunning resourceful strong savage hunter gatherer wildman barbarian survivor adventurer hero who lives within nature. Its nobody's fault that are a semi retarded inbred weakass coward farmer serf who toils all day for his potatoes and his taxes and confuse living within nature as being a farmercuck.

>What everyone idolizes is being an untammed cunning resourceful strong savage hunter gatherer wildman barbarian survivor adventurer hero who lives within nature.
No they don't. They spend like 90% of their free time foraging.

Absolute state of our education
Also it was a satellite state

I want to own land near a town filled with genuine or good people
Big cities and cities in general will get worse
I want to grow lots of food and do things with/on the land

if this have internet, lets go
I like Patagonia, but to work there it is necessary to have something learned specialized (from engineering to being good to herd cattle)

Ugly is the city, and I prefer the lonely countryside

Attached: argentinapatagonia198.jpg (650x313, 138K)

They want to breathe clear air, quiet, and have space to move without getting hit by a car.

the luxuries of the city, and the nightlife are not worth it if you can wake up at dawn in full country solitude
Only to live like this is not the same as an easy job in the city, there are many, and everything
In large solitudes specific skills are needed to work ... you will not be on the motorcycle, or administrative employee, or in a factory without more

Those of us who live in a city if we cannot buy a large field extension to work it, then we must study and seek a related specialization ... or work as cowboys

Do farmer boys dream of the city the same way citt boys dream of the country?
>man i cant wait to be a wagecuck in an office with its own coffee machine!

Because the large extensions of fields are properties of few, and are not parceled as in Europe, and do not divide them
(almost the same as in Germany many years ago, although there it was due to a law and here it is for pure individual pleasure, to avoid dividing the large fields in plots)

So it is different to live in fields, in Argentina than in Europe

Lots of them do, yes. Like half the young people in my village move to Tel-Aviv in their 20's, though a lot return.

I grew up in the city and now live in the country. It's fucking awesome.

most of them want to move away to the city, living in the countryside isnt very popular

my mother lives in a rural area and she works an office architect job

I live a good life in the countryside.

What's your idea of fun?

Glad I live in New York, and I'm not dying of opioid abuse in a barn somewhere like you and your ilk.

its miserable here in the balkans not in their countries

Meh to each their own.

living on a farm is the most ive ever suffered in my life. don't believe the memes, it literally feels like you're living in 1500

I would like rural lifestyle. I like nature. I like fishing. I like exercise and manual labor compared to other labour. I like quietness. I DON'T like living surrounded by concrete. I don't like sitting all day. I don't like the city noises. I don't like a lot of people around me. I don't like the hectic lifestyle in cities.

People like what they like, one lifestyle is not better than the other, they are just different. They are just personal preferences what kind things people want.

It is called ignorance I just love it when people who have never even stepped into countryside talks about life there lmao.

Living is countryside is shit, there are no jobs, no stores you need to order everything online, slow internet speeds, whenever there is some kind of storm or bad weather everything breaks down and there is no electricity for hours, people are stupid, uncultured and uncivilzed, they drink alcohol in public places such as in front of stores, they don't follow traffic rules, always park on the roads like we live in some fucking metropolis where there is no place, there are annoying agriculture vehicles on roads, public transport is shit you are basically depended on your car.

i like it

Attached: 4C284206-9238-4D75-983D-360C42B33FEA.jpg (4032x2438, 3.89M)

Forgot to mention how in countryside you also need to take care of your own yard, house, garden or whatever you have after work. That is all extra work, I have to move lawn for 3 hours every week for example.

You just need a bigger lawn mower
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpm68gNQJac

That would be to big for my yard, would destroy flowers etc.

all of this, also the mass swarms of bugs every summer. I lived in a farmhouse built in the 1700s and there were regularly infestations, also no air conditioning and the house was fully exposed to the sun

If you forget about the shit pits then it's better

you just lived in a poorly kept home.

most farms are poorly kept, it's not like the movies

if they’re owned by morons, sure.

There you go

they are filled with alcoholic farmers

They're the same here

no, a hunter gatherer only needs 4 hours of work a day

people are usually much nicer in my rural area compared to the city, the rest is mostly true

this

That describes italian cities as well

Shut up farmercuck, nobody cares to be like (((you))).

I grew up rural and I can't wait to go back to it. The consumerist lifestyle just doesn't appeal to me. I like my peace, open range and self sufficiency a great deal more.

the brutal truth