Maine, a better place than most of Europe?

Are there any Americans here who live in the state of Maine? It seems like an incredibly beautiful and comfy place.

>great nature and scenery
>awesome wildlife
>low crime

Attached: Maine.jpg (1600x800, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Sweden,_Maine
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Spain is better in every single way,fact

Isn't that that Stephen King state? If so, based.

No you stupid piece of trash

This is correct

Trust me OP I'm a profesionnal knower

Attached: 1553888412968.png (1080x1117, 161K)

Spain
>high unemployment
>not as safe as Maine
>not particularly great in terms of wildlife or nature compared to Maine
>very poor

pros of Spain compared to maine

>better food
>more options for tourism, better architecture et cetera

Yeah I think it is bro

Why not friend?

No Idaho is better

Isn't spain like top 5 safest countries?

cope,Spain is superior and Spaniards are genetically superior to mainetards

>>low crime
This is a very subtle way of saying "not a lot of non-white population"

>worst

correct

Like a sixth of the state doesn't have fucking roads
But "Oh boy it's pretty and safe it's just like Europe :)))"
Fuck off you naive twat

Maine has mostly whiteoids
sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Sweden,_Maine

>just like Europe
You misread my intentions with this thread. My question was rhetorical and what I asked is if it's better than most of Europe which I do think it is. For me, wildlife and comfy nature is the most important. That's why I wouldn't want to live in southron lands.

Your thread about Alaska was dumb but Maine is actually based

see this landscape and think its time for a walk, one of 2 things happends
>get of my property
>you are trespassing (20km from his house..)
>get shot
or
>this is the forest ranger service
>do you have a license for that lighter and tent?
>cant make a fire here and no camping outside designated camping areas who are full with kids and drunkies.

I'm glad you remember my other thread. Yes I do agree that Maine is indeed very based.

Are you lonely?

I can't say I am, no. You?

Montana > Maine

Attached: 667AA5F1-B4F8-4958-B76E-35A082E6D7A6.jpg (620x299, 36K)

Why do you need validation on your opinions then?

idk about Maine but here in the northwest there are campsites literally everywhere, and fire prevention is really important. Also you aren't going to run into somebody's property if you're in a state/national park, it takes days to walk across them.

Who said I do?

Montana also looks based, but are there any more lush landscapes there? Those mountains looks nice but it could use more forest. Oregon is another state that looks fantastic.

no and no

western montana is pretty green

Attached: glacier national park.jpg (1024x768, 300K)

Top tier regions are New England and the PNW

yes and yes

Yes, in the west. The east is very clear.

Attached: 8BA39B76-B0BB-4E1E-8B03-CF403F0117FD.jpg (640x427, 85K)

Damn that's incredible. What do you hunt there?

If you've answered the titular question of the thread prior to even asking it then why would you bother asking it anyways?
To have a meaningless circular conversation about how your opinions are correct?

asspain is gay and ugly

Someone put their dick in your ass this morning pal?

Are states like Oregon, Montana and Maine urbanized at all or do most people live rurally?

for me, it's new brunswick
there's limited forest from rocky mountain rainshadow
actual rockies have forest, think southeastern part around wyoming does too
in eastern usa most land is privately held

Attached: smnb.jpg (3302x1908, 1.7M)

For me, it's Washington State
t. Massachusetts

Attached: blue-lake-trail.jpg (2048x1152, 531K)

Nope, but evidently you're feeling pretty needy for attention, aren't you?

>new brunswick
Right next to Maine, right? So it should be pretty similar.

That place looks great. Looks a lot like northern sweden.

Based and washington pilled

Attached: rainier sunrise road.jpg (1600x1066, 582K)

I'm looking to debate people who refute my claims in the OP

the thing is we dont need to look for state or national parks here to go hiking and camping. full rights of freedom as long as you stay out of sight of anyone living there or having a cabin and you leave everything as untouched as you found it. op's pic related could just as likely be owned by 20 different private owners here and no one would care if you walked on their land. any parks are more controlled and have much more restrictions in term of camping, fishing, fires etc. but you will never see a "ranger" there.

oregon is portland and wilamette valley
biggest city in montana has 200k, very rural no daytime speed limits
maine is centerred around portland, they kept the north of the state empty because we have a right to use it but we have no use to because it's empty

Then what did you mean by this
>My question was rhetorical

True. I do think that allemansrätten in Scandinavia has taken hiking, hunting and overall /out/ness to the next level. It's very good.

How do you know so much about those places?

what happens if somebody gets injured on your property? can they sue?

We’re heavily urbanized but there are two states with majority rural populations; Mississippi (lol) and Maine, by a significant margin. Montana is around half urban and half rural (mind you it’s a very large state with very few people so it’s still quite empty) and Oregon is heavily urbanized, at least in the west.

I meant rectorical like rectum or anus. The question goes straight into the anal cavity of dissidents and causes butthurt

No.

I want to move there someday but it's on the complete opposite side of the country.

Okay

Oh, and Vermont.

The last thing we need is people getting lost and starting fires on other people's property. It's better if they stay in the parks where there are trails everywhere instead of cutting your way through the forest.

what happens if the property owner demands that they leave the property and puts sings all over warning for trespassing?

I took a train through oregon
drove through montana, parents know draft dodger who moved back there
live next to maine
don't you have a right to use federal land?

Attached: mc.jpg (1500x1000, 270K)

yes all federal land is public land, but that's different.

they might, but they would be the laughing stock in the courtroom and every newspaper here for weeks before they loose the case and have to pay for the cost of it. why do you think you can sue me when your fat ass stumble upon a rock on my property? it makes no sense to me, you are an adult, you walked there freely, you know the risk of walking in the bush? and we have universal healthcare, no need to sue anyone they patch you up for free no questions asked.

Our rights to use federal land ends wherever Congress decides it does, so says the Constitution’s property clause.

This looks neat. Do you cayak or canoe a lot?

Attached: lappland.jpg (1200x674, 639K)

Not all Federal land is open for the public, but National Parks most certainly are
I think he was referring to allowing anyone to wander onto private property

not a lot, it's ether pay for rental or deal with hassle of moving them
once used an uncle's kayak with my dad and we agreed it was more effort getting it from storage to the water than actually using it
kayaked around this island once

Attached: vargas.jpg (1360x765, 64K)

I’m in Massachusetts. Close enough, right?

do americans have different types of propert? like im from a farm in the middle of norway. walk on our lawn and you are trespassing and might get a 12 to your face, walk on our fields if you are not the eighbour going to his boat in the lake you are an asshole and we will chase you if it happends again, walk on our land in the forest or mountains we just dont give a fuck. it might even be a long drive just to get there and look after it, and its just swamps, mointains and a little forest anyway. not like you could cause any economical damage to us.

Is this where the first settlers came to? Or around that area. Imagine seeing all of this and knowing it was mostly unsettled

no property is either private or public. Going into private property is unacceptable. It's legal to ride dirt bikes and ATVs on most public land and people don't want that shit on their properties

It varies heavily by area and person.
t. Used to shoot shit in my neighbor’s woods

Either private or public, both are zoned differently but zoning laws are dependent on the state, county, and town (if it's in one)

It gets stupidly complicated and it's also one of the reasons why the US looks the way it does

that's west coast so was only settled around late 1800s, it had a high native population density
first europeans were in places like this, but there's some really good natural harbours too

Attached: pouch.jpg (1200x800, 212K)

take it easy dude no need for that

Spain is safer than Maine

we have what i see as private property, where you live, spend your time and chill out after work. your home to say so, its off limit. then we have "inland", farmfields and that shit that are maintained and used, they are also off limit if you will damage to then by crossing it or cause disturbance on livestock feeding there. but they are also free to roam once the snow settles and you can ski there. then its "outland" unkept but maybe fenced land, used for livestock forage or not. its basicly free to roam as you wish and camp where you want. hunting and fishing is still regulated by the owner. outside of that you have barren land that no one cares about but still goes by the same rules as outland. and all types are still only private property.

As long as people don't abuse the law he can't force them to go. Trespassing signs will be removed

It's shit don't come there or anywhere else in northern New England for that matter.
Visit the major tourists sites then leave, we're full!

God I wish all of America would still be like Maine

Not really, that picture is probably Baxter state park which is public land.
Unlike the west coast it actually rains here so unless there's some freak drought restrictions on fires are rare.

Both of these are because it's mostly rural communities and small towns.

most of appalachia is fine
the mississippi valley is a big cornfield

There are no niggers or m*roccans in Maine though

also a lot of land is owned by former mining or forestry companies. they are still private and work by the same rules as the average farmer, only they care less about their land.

why isnt all land public? if a dude lived in the far left corner of that picture and owned it all, why should he care if i hiked one of his mountains from the right side when i never disturbed him in any way?

Yeah it's too cold and rocky for large farms so there weren't many cotton plantations there.

>why isnt all land public? if a dude lived in the far left corner of that picture and owned it all, why should he care if i hiked one of his mountains from the right side when i never disturbed him in any way?
I mean you're allowed to walk onto other people's property, you just have to leave when they ask you to

Nah, the White women there are just too ugly.
We go hunting elsewhere. Where the prime, white pussy goes, we be there!

oh man i cant wait to develop an oxycontin addiction

Attached: 1453059988507.jpg (389x345, 12K)

What's the property tax there?

Maine is just Alaska for pussies. Everything Mainers pride themselves on Alaska does better.
>Better blueberries
>Better oceans
>More diverse wildlife
>Better gun laws
>Giant paycheck every year just for living there
>Fresh wild berries everywhere
>Natives have less of a stick up their ass
>Fresh game everywhere
>People aren't edgy elitists because their ancestors were French
>Better drug laws
>More free, open territory to explore
>Bigger mountains

I made a similar thread about Alaska before actually

>Stephen King
>based
You have no idea.

Stay out of Oregon.

Attached: stephen king murdered john lennon.jpg (1434x1434, 308K)