How did we fuck unification up so bad? People in Italy don't talk like Sardinia or Venice is a different country...

How did we fuck unification up so bad? People in Italy don't talk like Sardinia or Venice is a different country, nor do people in Germany call themselves Prussian or Bavarian (at least not as a nationality). Why do we think of ourselves as English, Welsh and Scottish and not British? It's stupid. Either we are one country or we're not.

This division is what will lead to referenda and break-up. We should decide to be British because unity is a good thing (which is why various states decided to unify in the past) and we are very much suited to it because of, inter alia, the common language (as opposed to the hodge-podge which is the EU).

Attached: 193441-004-F59FCB25.jpg (450x450, 27K)

>unity is a good thing
>but not in the eu

>People in Italy don't talk like Sardinia or Venice is a different country
You know the people who are governing us right now used to say exactly that and only stopped because refugees are a more urgent cause for nationalists, right?

Fuck off paki.

I don't think you read my post through. There are differences of language in the EU and that's why it's hard to create a common people.

I doubt people in Italy will give, when asked their nationality, an answer other than "Italian." That's how it is here: no-one calls themselves British (except maybe the Irish unionists). It's either English, Welsh, Scottish or Northern Irish.

Because unlike those countries you just mentioned the difference is greater than just having a regional accent, or at least the difference was greater in the past.

Please tell me why Great Britain is so much more internally different than Germany/Italy. I'm not talking about Ireland/NI here.

People do that everywhere. Regionalism will only become a bigger issue this century. My guess is that the reason people refer to themselves as scottish or welsh or english is because that whole unification came to be before the concept op nationalism started and these different countries/states (sorry mate, right pissed) have their own parliaments and to a certain extent laws and such. That being said, Brits are lads and don't trust the Argies.

English Kings didn't try to assimilated Ireland and Scotland tried to do passive genocide which just formed separatist rebels

Because Germany is comprised of Germanics and Italy of Italics.
While GB is comprised of Scots, English, Welsh and a few other peoples.
Any regional discrepancies in Italy/Germany are mostly sub divisions.

Yeah, man. Yeah. Aren't the English all Norse and Norman and Saxon though? How does that ever work? You're right that people from Germany are just Germanics though and people from Italy just Italics though. They were all perfectly genetically similar, for certain.

The beauty of the United Kingdom is that it is many countries united under one flag. It's a pity southern Ireland isn't part of the union as well, since they are genetically and culturally related to the rest of the British Isles.
RULE BRITANNIA
BRITANNIA RULES THE WAVES
BRITONS NEVER NEVER NEVER SHALL BE SLAVES

Germany and Italy are really just as bad

It's because the UK calls its provinces countries which gives the people a reason to be nationalistic over what is essentially just a region within their country. Having separate football teams contributes too. If Germany called its states countries, it might be a similar situation and I'm pretty sure regionalism is big in Italy

It might have to do with those centuries of institutionalized oppression and discrimination that even culminated in outright genocide and state-sponsored terrorism.

>muh huritage

cringe

German states are called Land or Länder with is literally the German word for country.

I have a bit of Irish in me. I see Ireland as British as England, Wales and Scotland. Why would you want to associate with swarthy southrons such as Germans and French, rather than your alabaster brothers and sisters?

It turns out federal states operating under the auspices of subsidiary are able to address issues of self-determination and autonomy effectively. What a shocking epiphany.

"Britain" isn't real you flaming fucking faggot. There is no such thing as "the British people". It's literally a fabrication invented by royalists to justify their union of the English and Scottish thrones.

We are, and always have been, separate peoples. English, Welsh, Scottish, and Irish. And I can't fucking wait for the return of the English nation state once Brexit breaks up your "precious union".

Attached: 1446632821772s.jpg (250x240, 8K)

subsidiarity' fuck

I thought you called them states the same way America does. Do people in Germany ever identify with their Land ahead of their country then?

Even the loyalist Northern Irish used to call themselves Irish up until it became associated with republican separatism.

Because you bought into the meme of being a country of counties when really England is the only relevant part and the rest is less than 20% the population of the nation

>England becoming even more of a landlet
lel

Attached: landlets.png (4096x2900, 1.23M)

>t. no knowledge of genetics and culture
English, Welsh, Scots and Irish are genetically and culturally closer to each other than they are to the continent. Why do you think many white kiwis see themselves as British? We are descended from various peoples of the British Isles (albeit mostly English due to that nation being the most populous), so we know that we are all kin. I bet you are some Paki or Indian who thinks water is thicker than blood. I'm more British than you swarthoids could ever dream of being.

yes. everyone does I think. It goes village/city -> postal district -> state -> country

most of it is subconcious of course

The population balance wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't for hordes of swarthoids infesting England. Scotland, Wales and Ireland are far whiter than England. It's a shame what happened to England.

I hate this loser mentality of dividing the World up into hundreds of irrelevant micro-nations. Everyone has so much more to gain by working together than splitting up.

Today, the peoples of the British Isles are considered seperate, rather than one nation, but it doesn't have to be so. If region like India, which is as diverse as Europe, can be considered a country then that just proves that Britain and Ireland can be too.

Attached: 14577393639375.jpg (933x525, 74K)

Depends on the states because some present states in their current form do predate German unification and have thus a stronger regional identity and history while others are basically an artificial constructs that were created by the allied powers post-war to get rid off the smaller statelets, reduce Prussian predominance and add more balance to the federation, however they did a pretty good job because in almost 70 years there hasn't been any merger, separation or other reform.

>nor do people in Germany call themselves Prussian or Bavarian
They sort of did up until the interwar years, the German Empire was just a bunch of German countries coming together to form one big country

Also you can also sometimes observe a form compensating regionalist jingoism as a replacement which is more socially accepted than outright German nationalism which is still considered to be bad taste.

even if they removed those you deem undesirables england still has the larger population if the UK wants to survive they need to federate and break up into states that are all more equal in population

Utterly fucking based truth-pilled

Utter cringe you think close genetics means anything? And close culturally, I mean I can tell by your stupid fucking flag you’ve never even been here and would have no clue about the cultural differences you ignorant fuck

>Why do you think many white kiwis see themselves as British?
Because
1. You're mixed breeds descended of any English, Welsh, Scottish or Irish poorfag who trekked it across the oceans hoping he'd get rich, so you can't claim heritage solely from any one nation
2. You're foreigners and you don't have any clue of divisions in the UK. Like any foreigner, you believe because the state is called "Britain", everyone there must just be "British"

>I bet you are some Paki or Indian who thinks water is thicker than blood
Retard. Anyone in the UK calling themselves "English" is almost certain to be white. Note how the official terms are "Black British" and "British Asian" because immigrant communities have no connection to the actual cultures here, just to the faceless bureaucracy of the "British" state.

>I'm more British than you swarthoids could ever dream of being.
Again, "British" ethnicity is not a real thing. You're a mutt of various peoples from every desolate corner of the isles. My ancestry is purely English and the same is the case for most natives here outside major cities (rural Welsh people are exclusively Welsh, rural Irish who take DNA tests have been known to get back results of literally 100% Irish)

We literally had different armies and to a certain degree even command structures during WWI, lmao

Because of the idiocy of past generations, bad decisions extending all the way back to the 16th century. People from all countries should have been encouraged to breed with each other hundreds of years ago.

yep, we are a federation at the end of the day. You have to remember that pic related lasted over 1000 years

Attached: 250px-Mitteleuropa_zur_Zeit_der_Staufer.svg.png (250x325, 117K)

Ugh, what could have been!

Colonial mutt swatted

fuck the french for forcing us to unite and kick their ass. Jealous faggots

The differences in the British Isles are more serious than the difference between a North German and a South German.
There is a divide that roughly spans from the East to the West of the Isles (bordered at the Pennines) which predates even the Anglo-Saxon Invasion and probably dates to the end of the last Ice Age.
This explains in great part the violence and bloodshed and irrepressible sectarianism that has marked the British Isles for thousands of years. I live not far from a field where over 10,000 Scots were killed in less than four hours. It's more perplexing that Britain ever unified in the first place.

California is far more populous than Wyoming. In your logic California needs to be broken up.

Brits didn't move here in the 1800s and early 1900s to get rich, they came here to live a quality life away from the dystopian overpopulation and class divide of the British Isles.
Black British and British Asian are oxymorons, because there is no such thing as a black or oriental person who is ethnically British. It's retarded they call themselves British.
Brits do form a genetic cluster, you and I are mutts from various Germanic, Gaelic and Brythonic tribes, with various proportions of each, but we still are closer to each other than we are to the swarthy southrons.

>It's more perplexing that Britain ever unified in the first place.

It's my belief that the lives of millions could have been saved, and much war and strife could have been averted, had "Britain" never united.

I bet you are a mutt of Germanic, Brythonnic and Gaelic as well. You just happen to be of the combination that results in English.

You are deluded. Autosomally, the distance between north and south Germany and west and east Germany are far greater than the difference between the British Isles. Northwest Germans are as similar to Brits as they are to the rest of Germany. That's why Benjamin Franklin considered northwest Germany (historical Saxony) as honourary whites, unlike the rest whom he considered swarthoids.

that delusional retard still triggers me

S

>In your logic California needs to be broken up.
California isn't 80% the population of America

dumb separate sport teams are too blame for a lot nationalism the last century. Constant barraging of different regional teams being the biggest rivals to each other and considered equal among the worlds nations, can only have that effect.

Ireland would have to have been treated nicely as equals to the other island from at least 1800 if they should have had any chance of staying. Ireland left because all the harassment they got, they just got fed up. And the UK didn't really care very much that they got independent and wished the north had left as well.

I think England and Scotland should be under the British flag but it's only fair that Ireland should be given complete independance.

Too much has happened for the latter to be assimilated into the political british identity prove me wrong.

Hundreds of years ago Scotland put up with heaps of shit from England as well. Eventually put the past behind and joined England with conquering the world. If Ireland puts the past behind like Scotland did, then they too could join England and mog the rest of the world. Remember that United Kingdom conquered swathes of the planet, not England alone.

UK didn’t have the same answer to secession US had. US had a civil war and union won. Meanwhile UK lost any opportunity for that.

You are a culturally xenophobic country. It's even on your vernacular

Look at gringos, same as you but they built their xenophoia around race

You can't put the "past behind" if it's a part of your national identity. It's like telling modern day chinese people that they should let go of warcrimes by the japs in ww2 when modern day chinese nationalism by the ccp is just pushing that and the opium wars as a reactionary vision.

Modern day Chinese should put behind warcrimes of the Japanaese. CCP looks insecure and is obviously overcompensating for their victim mentality by trying to act tough to Japan and western nations. Taiwan is unironically based since they are friends with Japan now, and don't looked cucked or insecure, since they are mogging mainlanders in quality of life despite a nation of well over a billion people trying to hurt them economically and geopolitically.

>Modern day Chinese should put behind warcrimes of the Japanaese.
They should but they won't.

>I want to give up complete control of more than half my country and brexit will cause this
False flagging scot? I mean don't get me wrong I want out of this shitty London-dominated union too, but I've never seen any english person say anything like your post