ChainLINK September 6

>>SUMMARY OF RECENT NOTABLE LINK THREADSLINK insider? 300+ replies warosu.org/biz/thread/10961547
>Mainnet date speculation (Sept 25) warosu.org/biz/thread/10952722
>Sherlocklink latest info, great thread warosu.org/biz/thread/10940612#p10941669
>Running a node by Thomas Hodges warosu.org/biz/thread/10935518
>Great article by Artificial Lawyer (Ctrl+F: results found) warosu.org/biz/thread/10932512
>New team member? warosu.org/biz/thread/10935732

ESSENTIAL INFO (WP, How to buy, etc.):
pastebin.com/QTAHpgRf
Official Partners:
> @swiftcommunity
> @AccordHQ (Hyperledger, IBM connection?)
> @OpenLawOfficial (Consensys)
> @initc3org (Town Crier and Ari Juels)
> @zeppelin_os @factom @MarketProtocol @requestnetwork
> @officialgamedex @origami_network @ClinTexCTi @CEEK

Competitors:
>pastebin.com/w6E9g69K
Pasta and shit:
>pastebin.com/2cbTbWBs
Compilation of previous notable LINK threads:
>pastebin.com/uFMn1ygT

Previous thread:
>warosu.org/biz/thread/S10887825

Attached: 1520618424950.png (1287x1763, 732K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/biz/thread/S10957639
artificiallawyer.com/2018/09/03/chainlink-solving-the-smart-contract-fiat-money-problem/
robseward.com/misc/gum_abbrev/gum.php
warosu.org/biz/?offset=0&ghost=yes&task=search&search_text=municipal marmalade
warosu.org/biz/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=Municipal marmalade
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nice summary user. And nice trips.

Smart Contracts are a type of digital agreement that automatically executes whenever certain pre-determined conditions are met, this allows to make cheaper, more secure and reliable digital agreements without needing to trust a third party
The problem is that Smart Contracts cannot communicate with off-chain data (interest rates, FIAT values, the time, et cetera)
This makes something as revolutionary as Smart Contracts limited to exchanging ERC-20 tokens mostly, and certain Dapps like cryptokitties (on-chain data; example: X amount of ETH = Y amount of ERC-20 tokens/kitties)
To make more appealing Smart Contracts you need something called an "oracle" that is basically a middle man that connects off-chain data to the smart contract, this person has a certain power since they can change the data to their favor (we're back to trusting a middle man, which is not the point)
ChainLink aims to become the leader Oracle service by creating a trust-less, decentralized oracle network, where you don't need to trust an oracle but rather the protocol of the network (think about it like Uber, you don't trust the driver, the driver dosen't trust you, but you both win by using the app, that is trust-less in nature)

This would allow financial institutions to save BILLIONS (Sources: Capgemini and WEF) and that would be just the first implementation of the network

They're working with Accord and OpenLaw so it works with the current legal framework and they've worked with SWIFT so they're compatible with legacy systems (ISO 20022)

>I recommend you read the whitepaper and the god protocol by Nick Szabo if you're interested in what I've said

>checked

Attached: 1512795399539.png (424x651, 95K)

TRIPS CHECKED We are all gonna make it marines

Municipal marmalade moistened Monday mourners.

what

thanks for the summary fren, missed the sherlocklink info !

Attached: 1532261474848.png (352x500, 248K)

just bought 100k

You missed
- thread about insurtech following up on Sherlocklink's crumbs
- jonny's medium article
- fergly's infographic for normies

Pretty much sold the rest of my alt trash to be more or less 100% LINK.

Look into Aegon. They had some trouble with the SEC and are utilizing blockchain tech to fix their fuckups.

SPACE FOR RENT. BEACH FROM PROPERTY. GREAT RATES!

Sounds pretty damn cool. Will they deliver tho?

I did the same but back at 5100

Did we get anything from Affirm? It’s a shame so many people fell for the larp thread today. I wish we weren’t all so delusional.

Attached: BF6926B5-C535-4B63-843B-34A098F2A0F6.jpg (1125x1090, 994K)

He was obviously a marine who did his research, still comfy. Don't pay attention to the larp predictions but the overall message.

I can't believe affirm isn't on the archive. I've seen it before too. Anybody who has checked Sergeys follow page must have seen it but no one thought it was relevant enough to investigate further? And it brought up further connections to PayPal and Salesforce. We should start from 0 and comb through every single one of his follow all over again.

I just looked at a chart of link... why are you guys investing in this... it looks like garbage... are u all trapped in losing positions?

He was just some fucking asshole.
Don't group useless attention whores in with marines that do real digging.

It's because we're retarded, now leave us alone.

This.

Just want a help fren and understand... you guys can't be that retarded.

we have best memes real insiders and larps breadcrumb connections cult pastas plebbit fudders assblaster...... Post singularity is actually gonna be boring

I'm kinda boomerish... so it's a more secure way of making transactions? I would like to do some TA on it
... but just eye balling it, its rough. 1.45 in Jan down to 0.3ish... I don't see it going up for a while.

Oh you were joking. Got it.

Get off our board gramps

Attached: 1535128508122.png (765x754, 444K)

I looks like you might have a rounding bottom... that could be positive...

I'm starting to doubt this fucking shit.

Attached: AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH.jpg (639x637, 173K)

Then sell your bags you pussy foot

It's not. We're a mentally deficient suicide cult, we want it to go as low as possible.

cant wait for 17 cent link and im a marine with moderate bags

daily reminder: LINK $1000 EOY (((only))) requires a non-stop daily +7.29% for 117 consecutive days, "almost there" kek

I can't sell now. I shilled it to all my family and friends. If I get out now after they've all lost more money than I did, then they will hate me and I'll have nothing left. If this shit goes down, I have to go down with it and with everyone around me who listened to my stupid fucking ranting and raving about the "oracle problem."

I didn't see the Insurtech thread, and I forgot to add Jonny's article. Thanks. Fergly's infographic is OP pic by the way

Hopefully it all works out. There was some user talking about how the price won't just suddenly increase just because it should, i.e., when people were talking about how collateral was supposed to be this much, which means LINK should pump to this price, and so on. I think that's a narrow view regarding LINK's eventual price. What should be focused on is the volume of requests the network will have once mainnet is live, and in extension, how profitable running a node will be. For the former, assuming a high volume, the price would be affected by whatever firms and companies who'd use LINK (remember, you need to pay with LINK in order to use the network). As for the latter, I think that's where all the talk about collateral comes in, where presumably high value contracts would pay out high fees.

Just do whatever you think can help the project if you're actually desperate right now. Digging up info, making infographics, being a non-retard on plebbit to improve community optics, whatever the fuck you think is going to help. What I'm doing for example takes literally no talent, although I don't know if it's actually helping.
I actually wanted to make a video guide regarding running a node and setting it up with AWS or a VPS but I don't know if it's actually beneficial to make it easier for people to run nodes. I don't know if it will have an effect though since if it's actually too difficult brainlets will just resort to using Linkpool

warosu.org/biz/thread/S10957639
Riskblock alliance working with consensys, lumen lab working with pwc, a few startups following Sergey
Nothing about Lloyd's

I think a step by step video guide for the tech illiterate brainlet (like me) would be a good idea. I'll use linkpool but getting a clearer, visual understanding of the full process would be appreciated.

Attached: 1512020281514.jpg (1536x2048, 480K)

Sorry, should have made it clearer
>but I don't know if it's actually beneficial to make it easier for people to run nodes
That is, if it's better to keep it down low as to not split the profits or if it won't matter since people will just resort to Linkpool anyway if it's too hard. If I can be arsed though then I'll probably try making a video once mainnet is out to see how exactly it would work, considering there may still be changes to the UI. Thanks for the link, will include next post

Attached: 1528620932802.png (601x1177, 2.72M)

A sequential non-sense sentence with words that start with the same letter. My autism-sense is tickling. Is this a code?

>Just want a help fren and understand... you guys can't be that retarded

Go away satan, you will not deceive us from our Lord and Saviour Sergey of Nazarov

Attached: 1518478568453.jpg (2048x2048, 625K)

Ok... Why so soon? Shouldn't they wait to fix icebox's bugs?

Started yesterday - possibly in the related-to-Chainlink-worker larp/non-larp.

It says "main network released Monday morning". But this has to be a larp

>Nazarov literally means of Nazareth

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
what do you mean by this?

checked

Bump.

Can you show me how fren?

Okay so after reading the OP pic I see the value of having a trustless, decentralized oracle, but how exactly does the Chainlink token come in to play here?
I assume it's to run the node somehow?

I guess what i'm asking is; What gives a Chainlink token it's value? The more you have the more efficient a node will run, something like that?

Not trying to fud, just curious and I can't seem to find any info on this shit outside of biz.

Attached: 1518815510057.jpg (700x875, 111K)

THE NEXT COMING OF MY LORD AND SAVIOUR. THE EMBODIMENT IS NOT IMPORTANT, IT IS JUST A VESSEL FOR A SUPREME CONSCIOUSNESS, A CONSCIOUS THAT HAS ALREADY WITNESSED THE UNIVERSE, EVERYTHING THAT HAS EVER BEEN AND WILL BE, TRANSPIRED AND FOUND HIS WAY BACK TO EARTH FROM THE DEPTHS OF THE COSMIC NETWORK. SERGEY IS MY COSMIC DEITY AND HAS OPENED MY EYES. $freeman EOY

Attached: 1523020793581.jpg (595x745, 231K)

Based thread

Attached: 1535348363867.jpg (996x682, 64K)

So this is what people call weaponized autism?

token is needed to pay node operators and as collateral for the smart contracts.

Attached: sergey2.jpg (1280x853, 465K)

So the node operator gets paid in Chainlink which he can then sell on an exchange for fiat?

yes

>one year
>32+ fucking millions
>THIRTY FUCKING TWO
>not even a hint of a functioning product
>not even a fucking roadmap
>cant launch a website without typos
>cant even build their own website without stealing
>biz links it to huge partners
>partners are 3 literally whos fucking start ups
>price keeps dumping 10% for a week and pumping 1% for a dfay on average
>only 18 contributors on github lmao
>as a bonus a bunch of retards fud it everywhere and think they are "helping"
have I forgotten any other interesting facts?

Attached: d9fd34842504fd43c6d1b57ddabb02466a641cde41d4f2ebdd70187accfe8554.jpg (466x596, 60K)

Why wouldn't an Insurance company just pay the node operators with money rather than a token to exchange for money?

Can't fiat be used as collateral in a Smart Contract?

whats up with the retard questions? are you trolling me?

Would I be wrong into thinking it's better to be paid in link since say you stake your link and the information you sent was off like the weather changed or something out of your control you would lose some link for false information correct? This would help build more of a trusted community of oracles imo. We can even get some Oracles to show you how many they missed aka trust has failed while using their Oracle and the user decides where to go for information.

Attached: 1534380210820.jpg (710x900, 129K)

Customers will be paying in fiat. Link network will make the exchange.
artificiallawyer.com/2018/09/03/chainlink-solving-the-smart-contract-fiat-money-problem/

How do you know?

also interested.

Smart contracts can’t use fiat as a means of settlement

companies will use fiat.
then a smart contract will automatically do the trade between the fiat and link tokens.

I'm genuinely not trolling you, I'm probably retarded but sometime you gotta ask stupid questions if you want to learn. Apologies lad.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Unironically just bought 3000 (poorfag)

This exact same comment was posted in the larp thread yesterday: I’m scared guys

Attached: 07E136CC-05C4-4A9A-9E42-6B01A875F396.jpg (652x434, 46K)

interesting.
what did that one mean?

municipal marmalade, how to fuck is that main network

looking through warosu there's a bunch of municipal marmalade shit in link threads.

Didn't it mean main net released on monday morning?

Think it's bullshit though. Better to set your expectations low.

??

>Unironically just bought 3000 (poorfag
Congrats, this was NOT retarded. Keep that vibe going fren .

doesnt look like it.

I assume there's a website that codes and decodes these. Seems like a joke about how convoluted the puzzles are getting more than anything.

Can you link them please

They're load testing the network. It's done. Words from a load test.

So, let's assume that "Municipal marmalade moistened Monday mourners" means "main network released monday morning".

What does it mean "Morose marsupials marinate municipal marmalade"?

Municipal = main (both adjectives)
marmalade = network (nouns)
moistened = released (participe/adjective)
Monday = Monday (upperCase maintain the word the same?)
mourner = morning (noun)

marsupials = I don't know, i think about codemonkeys, "developers"?
marinate = marinate is similar to prepare some food with special ingredients right, so "prepare"?
Morose = According to oxford dictionary = Sullen and ill-tempered.

Also, every word in that code, i googled it and they appear here robseward.com/misc/gum_abbrev/gum.php

warosu.org/biz/?offset=0&ghost=yes&task=search&search_text=municipal marmalade

he's just a pol fag. move along

warosu.org/biz/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=Municipal marmalade

Loads of municipal marmalade in warosu. As far back as May 2018

thank you m80

good luck and god speed.

Holy...

>What does it mean "Morose marsupials marinate municipal marmalade"?

Based on your associations I see it as:
Morose = agitated
marsupials = developers
marinate = cook / wait / until it's time (perfect)
municipal = main
marmelade = core/result

The developers are adding the final polish to the main net

Interesting, thanks

Marmalade = JAM or nah?

>tfw 2 threads I made are on this list

Feels good man

Attached: A695CB75-4704-4BC6-B080-DBEF1AC132B4.jpg (886x1024, 77K)

Anyone else go through that entire "relative of an employee" larp thread yesterday and thoroughly enjoy themselves? I was completely cognizant of it definitely being a larp, but I still felt a huge rush reading it, to an extent that it completely overshadowed the market crash from an emotional standpoint. I think there's something wrong with me

It is jam

I felt bad for feeling so good. It's so obviously fake, but I couldn't help hoping.

i know. opening up the calculator and rubbing my hands together like a merchant between frantically punching in different numbers regarding cashing out $2mm, paying taxes to coast off $1.2mm with 5% returns a year and sitting on the rest of my stack to watch it go up and hopefully cash out huge with just capital gains.

i work for myself and enjoy my job so having a roughly guaranteed $60k/year would make things pretty comfy for me in the meantime.

Is 300K link enough to make it?

It was s real tho

checked and nice shill thread you got going on here, redneck

Attached: link-shill.jpg (1867x1033, 279K)

Yes, and adoption means many many nodes that need to hold a high amount of Link to qualify for new confirmations. The need for Link will increase significantly as supply decreases. Link rises in value and hodlers learn how to deal with a permanent erection.

You’d retards are making threads for reddit. I now know what Astro was doing

What did I miss?

I know it’s Astro and the Delphi fags trying to be funny

Image saved.

Is the SEC the entity responsible for labelling tokens as securities? I need to know who to send this picture to, as it seems to imply link is a security. If people are distributing materials promising returns on a purchase, that seems like something they would be interested in.

Does anyone have anything else related to chainlink that the SEC might want to know about?

>I wish we weren’t all so delusional.

I wish you knew what the fuck you're even talking about

Attached: Affirm salesforce.jpg (2350x850, 144K)

those faggots have been responsible for most of the link larps