HOLOCHAIN TRICKED YOU FAGGOTS

Hosting a website costs like $5-10 per month on average, bigger sites may be paying a few hundred dollar per month for a dedicated high-end server. Holochain's selling point is that it is even cheaper than those centralized and proven solutions yet all you neets expect to earn millions of dollars each. are you aware what kind of adoption that would need??

Let's assume..
- Holochain will be worth $20bn
- Each user is paying $100 per month for hosting = $1.200 p.a.

So how many companies would have to switch to Holo to reach that mcap?

20.000.000.000 / 1.200 = 16.666.666 companies/users

The question is now.. do you actually believe this will happen? I don't think that is even remotely realistic. Finding 16.66 million companies/users who pay $1200 annually for hosting and computing services is extremely difficult. There is no incentive to switch to a decentralized, experimental solution because hosting is cheap af already, it's a highly competetive and commoditized industry.

If you disagree with my conclusion, just post your reasoning how we will reach a valuation in the billions. I want to see everything backed up with calculations as well.

>inb4 everything is a ponzi it doesn't matter

Attached: 1*kRb33tD102UmKEOrxjNOWw.png (1516x874, 409K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fortune.com/2018/08/29/dfinity-world-computer/
ijccr.files.wordpress
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why do these threads keep getting deleted? Legit question? Seems legit exposure.

>not selling before 0.5$/HoloFuel

REKT HOLOFAGS

Mods here are incredibly biased on Holo for some reason.

amazing that this hasnt even grown to a 200mill mcap, there is still time to buy in before we brush off to several billions

again, i want to see your reasoning backed up with calculations, everyone can come up with random numbers.

Attached: 1499915808844.jpg (251x242, 14K)

ouch.. you seem like one of these guys who will be left behind. sorry for you

Nice fud ramjeet

Mods are incredibly biased towars a lot of stuff here. They're hardcore invested in blockchain obviously.

>still no evidence
is it so difficult to provide me with a more detailed explanation and calculations?

OP posts numbees, you post bullshit.
OP 1 Holo 0

>still no evidence to the contrary, shocking..

Holo is a cucktrap, just the fact that identity politics play such a huge role in their marketing (outside of 4chins anyway) and their recruitment process speaks volumes about who controls the project

1. revenue!=marketcap
By your logic Amazon should have a 177 billion marketcap instead of 1 trillion. When you buy holofuel, there's speculative aspect to it. You either buy it to use it now or you buy it to speculate on the fact that the computational power in the network will increase in the future, thus increasing the value of 1 holofuel.

2. Your 16.6 million companies is pulled out of your ass since this isn't distributed evenly. A decentralized Reddit, Facebook, Uber alone would push the value into the billions easily from it's hosting requirements alone. Your whole "prove to me that they can find 16.6 million companies to use the platform" is retarded.

TL/DR: stupid strawman argument.

checked
numbers don't lie
wtf OP? You have such a wrong understanding of holo.

Attached: Wtf-did-i-just-read.jpg (552x360, 30K)

>would push the value into the billions easily
Lets see that math

here we go again, your only hope is basically that holo will be vastly overvalued. the problem is just that times are changing, people realize that DLT is much less valuable and overhyped.

look, i priced that in already by assuming everyone would pay $100 per month, most people pay between $5-10. get a reality check and look up how cheap hosting is these days. i could have assumed $5/month and you would need 20x more adoption = ~333.2 million users. It's pathetic desu.

This guy covered it. Valuation for something like this would be 20x earnings at the bare minimum. A reddit or twitter or uber spends millions per year on infrastructure each. Im not convinced holo could even handle a web app of that size but either way OPs math is retarded.

holy shit, does this retard actually think facebook/reddit/google/amazon just spend 5-10 bucks a month on hosting?

you are one of the biggest idiots I have seen....Do you think that providing web services like AWS does is about hosting websites? God you are stupid...

Ethereum is dying & ICO's are dead. Whales are moving their money back into BTC and projects that have a future. Follow where the smart money is going to see the trend....

"Dfinity announced it raised $102 million from the prominent venture capitalist firm Andreessen Horowitz on August 29, 2018".... Horowitz the same guys who invested in Coinbase, Reddit, Airbnb, Medium, Slack, Ripple, GitHub, pinterest, Lyft, FourSquare, Groupon..... fortune.com/2018/08/29/dfinity-world-computer/

Hashgraph has raised $100 million ($6 billion valuation).. Holo raised $25mill from their ICO, the biggest holder are Ethereum core developers.. Do you see the trend?? Money is moving into projects post-blockchain. Projects that can scale up big time..

looking to dump some ETH, 16sats/473eth a good buy in price? It doesn't seem to be going down.

If Facebook and Reddit each only pay $10 apiece for hosting, you would need 177,000,000 new reddits for this to even come close to a 17bil cap

Dude OP you got rejected hard here. Better buy in now before you kys in 2019

Holo fuel’s value will not be tied to its marketcap once the network is working functioning, so your math is pointless. Also, marketcap does not mean actual revenue. People have done the math, I don’t remember the exact numbers, but you can only only like 50mil of actual fiat behind a crypto whose marketcap is like 400mil. It’s all about supply and demand. But again, that won’t apply to Holo fuel once Holo is live and functioning properly. This isn’t like other cryptos.

Kek answered my question

>literal autism

Attached: 5fd3af1f010eda183b2719dd36506879.jpg (864x432, 32K)

The price of Holo holding on relatively well in this market is actually a bad sign. It indicates that most of the circulating supply is not held by investors/traders, but by the devs themselves.

Hosting sites isn't the only thing you can do with it. You can build decentralized apps just like on Ethereum. Only better.

how dumb are you guys. I just said that average users (those who might switch to Holo, big corporations won't switch that I can tell you) are paying mere pennies (like $5 p.m.) for hosting and computing.

No I don't, I am well aware that hosting websites is just a subset of AWS. Yet, for most computing services you don't need Holo Fuel, so the joke's on you my man.

I already own a few million, I just like to question my own investments and think we are all a little deluded in terms of Holo's growth potential.

I am also very concerned about Holo's mutual credit system, read this journal faggots:

Mutual credit systems and the commons problem: Why community currency such as LETS need not collapse under opportunistic behaviour
J Schraven
International Journal of Community Currency Research 5 (28.10), 2007, 2001

>your only hope is basically that holo will be vastly overvalued
no, that's how the real world works. Do you go around at Facebook or Microsoft's HQ and complain that their P/E is too high?

>look, i priced that in already by assuming everyone would pay $100 per month, most people pay between $5-10.
You didn't price in shit. I've already told you no matter how much mental gymnastics you pull with your so called "math", that's not how things work. There is a small number of companies that require a huge amount of computational power. You don't need 16 gorillion users to get a valuation in the billions.

Scenario 1: one or more existing big companies switch to a decentralized solution like Holo (for whatever reason) -> Holo's value goes into the billions
Scenario 2: developers build new dapps and host them on Holo; you only need 1 very popular dapp with high hosting requirements to push the value into the billions
Scenario 3: a meme at this point, but if Binance build its DEX on Holo, there's your moon mission. Also if you've watched videos of CZ, you'd know how he gets a hardon at the thought of making Binance a DEX. If holochain provides the tools for that, his team probably already started working on it.

Netflix pays over $1 billion annually on hosting. Kys fucking bitch.

Is this an accounting class or what? We are talking about mutual credit currencies here not about real companies with assets, liabilities and all that crap. Nice COPE though.

The amount of hosting and compute needed to achieve that is still totally unrealistic. Facebook is building its own SERVER HARDWARE from scratch to increase performance ffs. Do you really think they would adopt a 3rd party network if they can built their own, arguably better ecosystem, in a few weeks/months? Don't be a dummy.

He's right. Holo would need 44,000,000,000 users all paying $4 for web hosting for Holofuel to ever be worth $1. Never happening holocucks, go fuck yourselfs. Buy more link instead

Doesn't count because Holo isn't a streaming service. People would have to use IPFS for that stuff not Holo

Poor OP. Dont slay him too much

That and the whole premise of it - "no global consensus". It's literally an attempt to create a kind of postmodernist code platform. Ask them about how a business will operate when their customers can just say "Well, theirs like, no object truth, so I don't need to repay my loan or pay my bills". It's just fucked through and through.

i just bought my first bag of 124k HOLO....a-am I going to make it?

>still waiting for that one user who can back up the billion dollar valuation with math/logic btw

basic economics bucko, the only way for holo hosts to effectively compete amongst themselves is by lowering their prices, thus increasing the purchasing value of one holofuel credit and it's fiat value.
Even with the dynamic supply mechanism this upward trend will always be there because agents can only agree to prebuy holo units and it only makes sense to do so if the holo host is offering a discount, it's legit deflationary as fuck which honestly worries me a bit because will that will be a perfect jupiter mission, it kind of fucks it's usability as a currency

False. You need to read this journal article asap:

>Mutual credit systems and the commons problem: Why community currency such as LETS need not collapse under opportunistic behaviour
>J Schraven
>International Journal of Community Currency Research 5 (28.10), 2007, 2001

Link:
ijccr.files.wordpress . com/2012/05/ijccr-vol-5-2001-4-schraven.pdf

MMMMM THAT CURRY SURE SMELLS GOOD RAJGEESH

Imagine falling for the Race Soul meme like this user and not being able to ascend.

You're a fucking brainlet.

imagine eating curry for every meal- yum!

wouldnt mind desu senpai

there are enough varieties for every day of your life

Goddamn Holochain for tricking me into pump after pump after pump

poor OP.. tries the fud and gets REKT 500

yes it feels pretty bad being tricked into it desu

kek

Attached: 19149077_10154822745606925_1721463109879374424_n.jpg (480x360, 27K)

binance will pair with holo fuel when released

>massively parallel dapp platform
>brainlets talk about the cost of hosting a simple website
lmao this place is goldmine for both good info and comedy

I already add turmeric and black pepper to nearly every meal, shit's great for your digestive system

Wow op I feel bad u did all that advanced math trying to figure Holochain out and u still have no clue what the fuck you're even talking s out lol top kek b b b but muh GoDaddy hosting is $3 a month! Lmao

No

You are assuming that corporations will only use this to host websites, real time web application costs are much higher.
Furthermore there is currently a society wondering how to reorganise against the tyrannical media and communications services, so there is going to be a big movement towards open source decentralised peer to peer services as simple as encrypted messaging right up to journalism, media and commercial services.

tons of unheard voices will be using this thing. Thing is, there are people now who can't use webhosting because their views are too controversial, HOLOCHAIN gives them a place to go. Alex Jones will be using some type of decentralized hosting soon probably because I'm sure he will be getting kicked off many hosts because of censorship from ((them)).