I was watching Vinland Saga, What the hell, Nordics those days were literal savages, worse than Africans today. Why??

I was watching Vinland Saga, What the hell, Nordics those days were literal savages, worse than Africans today. Why??

Attached: Vinland-Saga.png (1000x1411, 2.58M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varangian_Guard
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risbyle_Runestones#U_161
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You posted this yesterday

What do you mean? We are still savages

Just Danes, its because they have small nuts

I've run out of ideas for new threads.

Welcome to Medieval Europe, OP. Thank God the Catholic Church helped tame those beasts

Did you know we eat M E A T.

this, any country that doesn't use bidets is savage

>if you die fighting for your people you will go to paradise
Reminds me of something

They seem pretty based , I always wanted to be Viking

>I watch anime

Attached: 6A86B159-9502-483D-800F-B629B78A4C40.png (232x217, 8K)

>>if you die fighting for your people you will go to paradise
Wrong. You go to Valhall where you eat, drink, fight and die brutally in combat every single night.

Looks like a paradise for vikings

>Wrong. You go to Valhall where you eat, drink, fight and die brutally in combat every single night.
Did your ancestors care only about butchering each others? Why were norsemen so obsessed with killing everything in sight?

We civilized them a bit too late

Valhall was just the place the warriors waited for Ragnarök. The end of all things. That's where all the Einherjer would fight and finally die for ever.

Vinland saga is high test

You forgot to mention about cute valkyries.

Attached: Hrist.jpg (285x510, 89K)

>Why were norsemen so obsessed with killing everything in sight?
Through violence you honored the gods. Almost all of the old gods were gods of war, gods of death, pain etc.
Human sacrifice was normal, performing Blot to honor the gods with animals and human sacrifice was incredibly important in old Norse society. Death wasn't bad, it was how you reached a new level of badass. You died in battle = you feast and fight with Oden in Valhall or with Freya in Folkvang (yes people forget there was two great halls and dead warriors went to either one)

Nordic savages, yet today they are larping as Romans kek

What, Athena was goddess of war too but was honored with flames and literally science invitations. Also she strongest than all gods of war.

Attached: pic_greek_athena01.jpg (200x300, 14K)

Attached: IMG_0811.jpg (938x844, 175K)

Go fap to bug bitches weebcel

>with Freya in Folkvang
I didn't know that. What differentiated the two halls?

>Catholicucks
>Not feudal enslavers

Still more civilized than modern africans.
Now post your cunt ancient warrior outfits

Attached: 53226951.jpg (1500x1104, 404K)

It is true then that ancient Vikings landed in Mexico and taught the Aztec the ancient ways of human sacrifices and Nordic tacos

I'm not the yellow fever fag , retard. He only posts in threads about asians

>What differentiated the two halls?
One is the hall of Freya, the other is the Hall of Oden.
That's pretty much it. Both were halls of great warriors waiting for Ragnarök.

Also if you didn't die in battle you went to Helheim, the death kingdom ruled by the Goddess Hel. Though Helheim wasn't a place of torture and pain like Hell, instead it was the final resting place for everyone who wasn't a warrior.
Only those guilty of bad deeds got punished there.

Fun fact : The word Hell, as in the Christian place for damned souls comes from old Norse.
Hel-víti means "Hel's torment". And in Old English helle-wíte "Hell-torment" thanks to the Norse invasion. That then turned into just Hell.

[[spoiler] Oden dies. [spoiler]]

Attached: Walhall_by_Emil_Doepler.jpg (1024x684, 193K)

Almost all of them dies. Except for Hela and Thor.

But criminals and average people don't get punishment, they just enjoy eternal boredom.

Focused cruelty is not african savagery, It was necessary to be able to survive in a harsh and unforgiving environment.

Vae victis.

Attached: 1565589504224.jpg (800x1123, 140K)

Crimes are crimes, mate. Humans are very vengeful about crimes and never forgive.
Bads things are bad even for survival meanings.

Spoiler - Odin, Thor, Týr, Freyr, Heimdallr and Loki (plus a lot more) dies. And only two humans in the entire world survives.

>Thor.
Wrong. Tor dies in Ragnarök.
He kill's the world serpent Jörmungandr but doing so he is bitten by the snake. He walks nine steps after the fight then dies.

>Wrong. Tor dies in Ragnarök.
Damn... He was a good guy.

then go back to shitting up the streets instead of shitting up this board duh

I don't think raiding villages, slaughtering innocents, raping women and taking slaves were actions necessary for your survival. Didn't the vikings know they could've just, well, traded relatively peacefully with other settlements?

They did though.

The vinkings that you're thinking were more like european corsairs or Barbary pirates

>Damn... He was a good guy.
Indeed. That's another fact people get wrong.
You didn't pray to Thor when you wanted to fight. You prayed to Odin, he was the god of war.
Thor was the common mans god. The one farmers, builders, smiths and grandma prayed to. He was a simple god, the protector of mankind. The hammer against evil.

>Didn't the vikings know they could've just, well, traded relatively peacefully with other settlements?
Which they did with most people. You know that actual viking raids were very few compared to normal trading travels and such right? Vikings settled and lived with the native people in many countries. They worked as farmers, traders, mercenaries and personal guards.

Actually vikings did trade, a lot. Look it up.

They were peaceful traders and farmers like 90% of the time.

binlan :DDDDD saga is boring af

Well, it seems I have to re-read my history textbooks then. Thanks for the corrections, anons

>believing white worshipping japanese propaganda
My ancestors enslaved these people

It makes sense if you think about it. If the world knows your people as unstoppable warriors, your trade routes and outposts are much less likely to be raided.
m

No problems.
They had some the largest trading systems and routes in the world at that point.
They were also extremely popular as royal guards thanks to their skill in battle and their loyalty. A viking who had sworn an oath would fight to death if needed.
The Varangian Guard is probably the most famous ones.
They protected the Byzantine Emperors as a elite unit of warriors. There's actually carvings from a bored viking in the Haga Sofia where a viking named Halvdan carved his name kek.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varangian_Guard

Attached: Known viking routs.jpg (1191x842, 242K)

The carving in Hagia Sofia

Attached: Hagia-sofia-viking.jpg (1600x1200, 666K)

Incredible. I'll be honest: I already knew not all norsemen were vikings (as in, essentially pirates from Scandinavia), but I had no idea their commercial routes were so vast, intricate and complex. Plus, I had never heard of this Varangian Guard before. Fascinating

They were smart people. They knew how to trade and keep their trade routes safe. Their reputation as blood thirsty monsters probably helped a lot.
Here's a more accurate map of their known routes but they also used small rivers etc to get around so it's very difficult to map their entire system.
And here's something cool (for me at least) found near my home here in Täby. Two runestones with Byzantine symbols.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risbyle_Runestones#U_161

This means some of the Byzantine guards came from the area I live in!

Attached: Vikings-Voyages.png (800x547, 540K)

Splendid. Thanks again for all these historical details, user. I think this is the first time I've learned something by browsing Jow Forums

No problems, first time for everything.