Is it cringy for an immigrant to adopt a local name or nah...

Is it cringy for an immigrant to adopt a local name or nah? I've decided that if I do decide to change my name when I move to Poland, it will be Janusz (diminutive: Janko) + polonized version of my French last name.

Attached: 456.png (600x800, 299K)

Jannysky works better

I think in Iceland you literally have to because of their grammar structure but otherwise eh.

I heard you had to change your name in Latvia to at least a latvianized version of your name too because of the grammar.

People who anglicize their given name when immigrating to the US are more accepted and respected than those who don't. You can keep your surname the same but if it's like Xue or whatever, no one's going to know how to pronounce it

From my experience natives will just give you friendly nicknames if they find your name pronunciation to be too hard.

There are two phonemes in my name that are not present in the Polish language. I have to change my name for other reasons anyhow, so I might as well.

It's fine to localize it, but changing to something else entirely is a bit weird.
.t Bulgar on vacation who anglicizes his name

In Poland I'd be Stefan

Keep your last name user

I want to deepthroat a fat throbbing pink furry wolf cock to be completely honest friends.

And here you'd be Ștefan which is pronounced as Shtefan.

Henryk

Knew a girl who had a simple name in Korean and changed it to weird one in Australia

Asians here tend to shorten their name or change it Dave, Paul, Harry or billy

Feels good to speak a strictly phonetic language so pronounciation is never a problem, and a very agglunative language so grammar will always infinitely bend around any and every name without problems.

Changing your last name is shameful. Only kikes do that.

Well, if it means anything, my family changed its last name relatively recently. That's why this name is only found in Canada and only a small amount of people have it.

I mean, being called your name with a very different pronunciation is like having a new name desu
Frogs just pronounce my name in the frog way, so it sounds fairly alien when they address me.

The US has a precedent for it, doing it europe just makes you sound retarded

We have a few issues with foreign female names since most of ours end in "a" and if it doesn't it fucks up the genitive possessive form. So we just use the male one.
>Alina's wine =vinul Alinei
>Andreea's blouse = bluza Andreei
>Beatrice's phone = telefonul lui Beatrice
>Carmen's pig = porcul lui Carmen
>(John's pants = pantalonii lui Ion).
Makes it sound like they're transsexuals kek.

No it's quite frankly based

Hahahaha, "Janusz" :DDDD

Kek. We don't have genred pronouns to begin with so this is never really an issue, he and she are both just hän in finnish. If someone owns something, then we just add -n at the ond of the name to denominate ownership, without implying a gender, as in "Alina's wine" Alinan viini, "Andreea's blouse" Andreean takki. "Her wine" and "his wine" are both just hänen viini(nsä).

no one Poland calls their kids those old names anymore, it's older gen name, just find a polonized version of your name if you want to tryhard so much

That's more efficient. His wine = vinul lui, her wine = vinul ei. In Chinese him/her is pronounced the same (ta) but written differently (他 he/him 她 she/her).

Someone on /v4/ suggested it. My given name has no Polish equivalent.

>Someone on /v4/ suggested it.
They were memeing you, try searching for "typowy Janusz" on Google Images