Is the US second world?

Is the US second world?

Attached: USA_HDI.gif (1667x982, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ispol.com/sasha/hdi/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index#Old_method_(before_2010_Index)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Second world referred to the communist countries of the cold war

We are zeroth world, which is above first world.

ur mum's so fat we call her second world

Mississippi has the same HDI as Poland.

can we be 0^4?

no, it's third

I'm surprised there's so much dark green in such a vast country

>LA is ranked in top tier
Yeah no

Not yet

if you wanted to use actual HDI then about 25 states are higher than any province of Canada, HDI doesnt take into account inequality so most higher pop. states like California, New York, etc would probably drop a lot

>hawaii dark green
Lmao no. We have so many homeless here, and people living in shacks.

We have third world parts such as the south, but the relevant parts, West coast and North east coast, are first world.

now post the race map to show what all of that yellow is

Some of the richest zip codes in America are in LA

just because poor people are in LA doesn't mean VERY rich people aren't there as well.

>live in a dark green county
If this is what highest development looks like than I weep for the rest of the world.

No

Attached: Screenshot_20190813-203705_Firefox.jpg (632x4388, 742K)

your mom's so american we call her the third world

I can guarantee you that whites are poorly off in those areas too.

I don't think you two are quite conscious of it, but you're scratching the surface of a real methodological criticism (in one case, by appealing to the anecdote of the unsightly homeless). I live in dark-green Minnesota, which also strikes me somewhat absurd since I have anecdotal sights of Somalis and homeless on a daily basis. And yet the built-up aggregate white wealth and high social trust* (outside the urban core) don't lie. My slightly less-dark green home county, elsewhere in the state, of course was more rural and much "nicer".

That was a personal digression, here's the real suggestion. I don't know the formulae for various HDI, gini metrics, etc, but I propose an alternate "quality of life" metric which caps/depresses high numbers based upon proportion of residents in extreme poverty, or simple poverty. Places like Indian reservation counties in SD would still look shit, but it'd be interesting to see how such a model re-frames the urban archipelago.

*This post may have sounded "progressive" up to this point, so I wish to explicitly state the obvious, that built-up white wealth and high social trust are good things. Black people suck. Still, it's interesting to suppose other HDI metric-models as an intellectual exercise. Basically cities concentrate extreme wealth and the shittiest poor, and the averaging process would seem to suggest that the rich/upper middle class outweigh the worst poor in the OP's model, in urban areas. I propose an alternative metric in which the presence of some proportion of extreme poor acts as a ceiling on the region's rating. The socially deleterious effects of racial diversity are of course taboo, but could inform another variant model.

Attached: 06 Lucky Star.mkv_snapshot_21.06_2019.01.17_02.10.09.png (360x360, 183K)

The most famous researcher on diversity and social trust (Putnam) actually said his findings reflected only the short term and that diversity has benefits in the long term.

benefits for who though?

Pic related was meant as a very obvious illustration for the above, and another possible cap-metric: "proportion of retail locations with bulletproof glass at POS." I live in an area with one Wells Fargo location with bulletproof counters; a few blocks away, another Wells Fargo which at least presents the pretense that human beings can comport themselves with basic dignity. Guess which racial groups are concentrated where. Guess where I choose to go to get laundry quarters. Guess why.

I'm guessing society at large.

Let's actually post that picture, now. The picture which puts the lie to the smug anime girl here , who has no real rebuttal.

There is nothing like actually living around stupid black people to teach one to hate stupid black people.

Attached: demonstration.jpg (720x540, 112K)

LOL

This isn't true of everywhere blacks live. Maryland is about 50% non-Hispanic white but outside of Baltimore it's very safe for the most part.

im sure the 1% would like you to believe that

They benefit from an influx of cheap labor from abroad, not from blacks.

Midwest doing well yet again

>St. Louis county dark green
>123 murders this year so far
OOH NO NO NO NO HAHAHA

>nelson county
>high HDI
LMAO

Well north is first world, but the S*uth is third worl.

Thread's gotten me curious enough to look up basics. The OP method is here (explained slightly), per its pic:

ispol.com/sasha/hdi/

And same points to the obvious wikipedia article (section-pointer-mine)...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index#Old_method_(before_2010_Index)

Obvious inputs we already knew: life (expectancy), knowledge (education), "standard of living" (money). Specifically, the OP picture emphasizes education (percent college grads, percent high school grads, school enrollment), and tacks on life expectancy and income to cover the other big two things. Now that I look at the inputs, I feel more confident in my proposed alternative model: we can now unironically state that money =/= quality-of-life, although the two are obviously closely related. Otherwise, why white flight? Also, educational credentials =/= intelligence, but the two are closely related (again).

Elsewhere in the article one formula takes a cube-root of the three things, I think GINI does that too in at least one method-instance.

>tfw picking between two grad schools, one in 40% hispanic area and the other is 40% black area

Attached: 1532777974155.png (600x600, 189K)