Mega structure

Mega structure thread. Post mega structures from your or other cunts. I think this is Swedens.

Attached: 1559504608043.jpg (1920x1062, 481K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=adZ1IunfVyI&t=30s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guaíra_Falls
experts123.com/q/how-much-money-did-it-cost-to-build-the-hoover-dam.html
usbr.gov/lc/hooverdam/faqs/powerfaq.html
bing.com/search?q=how much does a kilowatt hour cost&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=how much does a kilowatt hour &sc=6-30&sk=&cvid=0DF5A4FB4EBD440AA35C3CEB67C6885A
wvic.com/Content/Facts_About_Hydropower.cfm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh well, not like that city had a skyline to ruin in the first place

2 largest hydroeletric in the world, paraguay is totally dependent on it.
it was the 1 one then the chinks supassed us

Attached: ITAIPU.jpg (750x370, 124K)

>He brags about permanently ruining one of his country's natural wonders so a dam could be built

Sad!

Damns are amazing and I wish we would make them wherever its possible/usable. Only down side si that they could easily become a national threat if we go to war.

What a loser mindset. Its a great way for energy.

Pathetic

Itaipu produces more electricity though

Clean energy thats mostly stable and very effecient is worth ruining a "view"

>one of his country's natural wonders

if you are talking about the amazon river, there are laws that prevents companies and the governament itself to build dams there, Itaipu was build in the paraná river, in the state of Paraná, in the Southern region of Brazil, almost if even more than 3000KM from the state of Amazonas.

Presidente Costa e Silva Bridge, normally called by the name Rio-Niterói Bridge, its the longest bridge in brazil and was build during the military regime, the reason because people call it Rio-Niterói instead of Its official name (despite its connecting the city of Rio to Niterói) its because where is quite a taboo with military regime leaders
small propaganda video about the bridge:
youtube.com/watch?v=adZ1IunfVyI&t=30s

Attached: ponterjnt.jpg (1280x1920, 536K)

>The world's largest waterfall was permanently ruined to build a concrete wall
>"But I get electricity for my iPhone!"

Nice VPN btw

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guaíra_Falls

Energy's going to come from some where you retard.

You can always build a power plant, retard

missing the entire point.

>just build a power plant, bro

Attached: 1553099421040.png (1124x598, 159K)

Nope

Literally easier, cheaper, and faster than building a dam

Oh right, i didn't remind about this, i don't think it was a bad decision, 20% of the eletricity from the entire country comes from Itaipu alone, imagine all the cousts its saved from thermal plants, and we still have bealtifull waterfalls there

Attached: iguaçu.jpg (710x462, 52K)

Lets use the Hoover dam as an example
It costs 175m (inflation included) to make
experts123.com/q/how-much-money-did-it-cost-to-build-the-hoover-dam.html

Thats 175m for 83 years of an average, about 4 billion kilowatt-hours of hydroelectric power
usbr.gov/lc/hooverdam/faqs/powerfaq.html

Thats 332b killowatt hours for $175m or $.0005271 per kilowatt hour.

If you google how much it takes for an electric company to make 1 kilowatt hour its .12

bing.com/search?q=how much does a kilowatt hour cost&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=how much does a kilowatt hour &sc=6-30&sk=&cvid=0DF5A4FB4EBD440AA35C3CEB67C6885A

It is a magnitude difference. Dam are so fucking cheap for electricity.

Of course I did leave a few costs out of the hoover dam like employee pay and maintenance, which I'm sure the electric companies bill includes (plus a profit margin) but its still a huge difference.

Vespasiano Correia viaduct, a railroad viaduct on the State of the Rio Grande do Sul, its the highest viaduct in the Americas and the third highest in the world

Attached: Vespasiano.jpg (1280x720, 470K)

Nuclear is comparable in cost per kWh and far less destructive to the environment

That's amazing. Hydropower is indeed the best.

The biggest building made in prestessed concrete is the Building of the Governament of the State of Minas Gerais, it has all the secretaries of the State's governament, some federal offices and a for some reason a small shopping center inside.
for the sake of irony this state elite piece of concrete and glass has an favela on the other side of the avenue

Attached: Minascedegoverno.jpg (1024x550, 147K)

I was going to say "Would it be worth it to destroy an incredible natural wonder of your own country for it?" and then I realized Finland doesn't have one so yeah it would be best for you

Ignore everything I said before I found a better source that actually thoroughly did what I wanted/tried to do.

wvic.com/Content/Facts_About_Hydropower.cfm

Attached: hydro.gif (586x316, 11K)

This remind me people in paraná were freaking out after the Brumadinho mine dam colapsed in Minas spreading rumors that Itaupu was going to colapse as well, the countrysiders were so desperated the governament actually had to organize a full check-up to prove everything was fine

Attached: segur_barragem_IMG_1306_s.jpg (460x300, 142K)

I believe thats a fair fear. Dams are amazing for energy yet if they fail its a complete disaster. It's probably a good thing that they did a full check up even if it wasn't needed.

Why i am the only one posting structures?

Because some faggot autist wanted to say dams arn't amazing.

The original megastructures

Attached: BC66E853-05AA-4263-8CC9-17FF30467E58.jpg (750x500, 125K)

based kangz

kangz? What? Who was kangz?

WE

Quite a failed mega structure, the BR-230 highway, mostly known as transamazonica is a road crossing the amazon rainflorest connecting Manaus to the coast, its construction was started during the military regime in 1972 and was never funny finished, only the parts outside of the florest actually have asphalt, many have died to never achieve its construction.

I really want to keep the thread alive at the hope someone will post something cool and unknow

Attached: br-230.jpg (620x414, 111K)

Br-230 As seen in the map

Attached: Transamazonica.jpg (1200x691, 108K)

BR-230 at there it begins, the State of Paraiba (PB), this is that it is was suposed to look like in all of its kilometers

Attached: Br-230 paraiba.jpg (595x361, 175K)

bump?

bump??

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump??????

:(

>What's maintenence
>What's keeping the dam manned

Most do fission reactors and wait for fusion my dude