Is electronic music european?

Is electronic music european?

Attached: kraftwerk_trans_europe_express.jpg (1097x1104, 406K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/w15oWDh02K4
youtube.com/watch?v=4r4WqAf-X8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=IzCKGtbUFyM
youtu.be/eqVvGc3fwhE
youtube.com/watch?v=WXvlzUCB74o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes. Anyone else who tries to make electronic music is culturally appropriating us.

>us

I am not Chinese.

Then you're American

quintessentially european, yeah

No, I'm not. I am French. My only Amerindian ancestor was my 10th great grandmother who was a Mikmaq. Safe to say I'm a European.

kraftwerk is pop with an electronic tinge to it. you could've chosen better examples, they had more 'electronic' contemporaries, and more talented ones too.

My elder brother loved them
I liked more popular pops
like ELO

Kraftwerks are based

tu parler francais? si pas, tu es americain

Who would you recommend?

>tu parler francais?
>tu parler

Attached: 450.png (500x404, 128K)

meme chose tresomqiue

youtu.be/w15oWDh02K4

Attached: 36235478_10160576709920494_7848371268159012864_n.jpg (640x960, 57K)

Ta gueule, pédé

i honestly posted what i did as bait to generate discussion but you're a sweet guy. i'm a virgin freak so i consider klaus schulze's debut and his timewind album alongside some of oldfield's electronic albums to be the defenitive works of this genre. the former's work on other bands such as TD or the more organic ash ra tempel might be of interest to you. if you want more of the stoic vocal delivery, 'cold' pop with electronic intrumentation you will really like new wave. can't stand it, it's too white for me, in all the wrong ways.

techno was invented in Detroit

How can it be "too white"?

Attached: 1564732580012.png (600x497, 10K)

but perfected in europe

>Techno
>He believes all electronic music is techno
>He believes techno was even the first subgenre of electronic

Attached: 129.jpg (951x840, 90K)

They are God of techno

He's probably some /mu/ bender desu they're a strange bunch.

youtube.com/watch?v=4r4WqAf-X8Y

Attached: 1498366684251.gif (1027x731, 111K)

Thanks!

there are many genres of electronic, many were developed mostly in europe but not all of them so it's not fair to label it as european
anyway listen to Giorgio:
youtube.com/watch?v=IzCKGtbUFyM

House was invented in chicago by BLACK BVLLS

i'm not saying that in a racial way, off the top of my head I think visage had a black guy.
what I really meant is that it exists almost in its own vaccuum, it almost takes no lessons from any of the rythm/blues/r n'b influnced acts of the sixties and seventies. i feel like the new wave people just listened to british pop musicians, scraped off all sounds 'black' from it, and dialed everything back. that's not right, i can't word it properly.
it's way more 'singer songwriter' than 'musician' music, way too 'white'
essentially they took the vocal delivery from kraftwerk amd some bowie cuts, and place them over really new simple and shiny chords and melodies

i understand that i worded my reply really poorly and i apologise for expecting another person to read it
you're too kind

>"I'm French"
>is Quebecois

Lol

That doesn't matter. All Europeans that went to the New World became weird. That land is cursed

Very European
youtu.be/eqVvGc3fwhE

Who GTA Vice City in here?
youtube.com/watch?v=WXvlzUCB74o

yes
it is the successor of rock

all of the best electronic musicians have been from anglo countries

French people just do sample loop house music and are no better than niggers making rap beats

No, it literally came from blacks. Todays electronic uses the same core mechanics as American disco, and house.

you have a really poor understanding of rock music, electronic music, the circumstances leading to the birth of both genres and the timeline of music
you're also not that bright

Even reggae and hip hop influenced it, before disco even.

>Author Michael Veal considers dub music, a Jamaican music stemming from roots reggae and sound system culture that flourished between 1968 and 1985, to be one of the important precursors to contemporary electronic dance music.[10] Dub productions were remixed reggae tracks that emphasized rhythm, fragmented lyrical and melodic elements, and reverberant textures.[11] The music was pioneered by studio engineers, such as Sylvan Morris, King Tubby, Errol Thompson, Lee "Scratch" Perry, and Scientist.[10] Their productions included forms of tape editing and sound processing that Veal considers comparable to techniques used in musique concrète. Dub producers made improvised deconstructions of existing multi-track reggae mixes by using the studio mixing board as a performance instrument. They also foregrounded spatial effects such as reverb and delay by using auxiliary send routings creatively.[10] The Roland Space Echo, manufactured by Roland Corporation, was widely used by dub producers in the 1970s to produce echo and delay effects.

Hip hop music has played a key role in the development of electronic dance music since the 1970s.[citation needed] Inspired by Jamaican sound system culture Jamaican-American DJ Kool Herc introduced large bass heavy speaker rigs to the Bronx.[16] His parties are credited with having kick-started the New York hip-hop movement in 1973.[16] A technique developed by DJ Kool Herc that became popular in hip hop culture was playing two copies of the same record on two turntables, in alternation, and at the point where a track featured a break. This technique was further used to manually loop a purely percussive break, leading to what was later called a break beat.

Every single genre has black roots, it's inescapable. This makes the racist seeth

Most definitely

Attached: 1558476315330.jpg (900x1259, 66K)

why does everything have to do with race you fucking mutt