>Empire of Brazil
My Gosh
Soon Empire Congo while we are it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_of_Brazil

Attached: brazil.png (1262x883, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=expM8VDAoGk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because they don't know the definition of Empire.
Pretty much like Japan.

It was a portuguese(from a frankish lineage) that declared it though.
It literally means "dominion".

Nah, it means a state where an ethnic minority holds rights and priviledges over the others which are the majority.

Maybe learn the definition of definition and etymology first.

its more of a meme word with vague definitions and trying to define it that strictly doesn't work out. like city.

It's Brazil, like, kinda, y'know, big?
Much bigger than the empire of a certain corsican for example?

Attached: 16473248235.png (1048x825, 1.45M)

Indeed, it's not only about size though.

Attached: French_Empire_17th_century-20th_century.png (2560x1180, 439K)

Pretty much like every word is a meme and like every word has vague definitions. Like chair. Doesn't really make it less appropriate to call somethings chairs and some other things benches.

Interesting.
But Rome was still a Republic when it conquered Nafri and Gauls territory.

all that land wasted

And even when it was an Empire, the Emperors were not always Italians, nor Romans a fortiori.

It is not, it is the lung of the Earth.

>wasted
send your army here to find out

It's the new definition used by recent historians for the lack of a better word, but in most of history "empire" didn't really meant it.

lmao chair doesn't have a vague definition, it's something specifically made for one person at a time to sit on. brazil was a huge country ruling over hundreds of different indigenous groups and they had a monarch that called himself emperor, sounds like they fit every criteria to me. if you want to complain about empires complain about the mega larp in japan

Thirdies don't care about the Earth.

youtube.com/watch?v=expM8VDAoGk

start a war with us now

Attached: 12742462746.jpg (763x606, 341K)

>hmmm actually sweetie, the true lung of the Earth is the sea, the majority of the oxygen comes from seaweed

Attached: D4OjWdRWAAYaErL.jpg (736x886, 41K)

lmao here's a Canadian chair for Canadian intelectuals.

The indigenous groups of Brazil were already minorities by the time Brazil became independent.

I don't give a shit what fits your criteria, a lot less than what fits in your ass I might add.

Brazil was raised to the status of kingdom in union with Portugal by D. João VI in 1815. When his son proclaimed independence we should have retained the name "Kingdom of Brazil", but José Bonifácio made up his mind for "Empire of Brazil", apparently moved only by his own sense of fashion.

What's the problem with the name "Empire"?

In order to be called an empire you should have to conquer Europe. This would remove a lot of fake empires from the list (looking at you England)

Actually the reason for adopting the Empire was because everyone involved in the Independence were hardcore liberals that worshipped Napoleon, including the Emperor himself.
He even adopted the title of "Constitutional Emperor" like Napoleon did to justify his rule

Where have you read this?

>everyone involved in the Independence were hardcore liberals
Absurd

Pedro I was a mason

Because its a big place with a lot of people in it? Because it nearly takes up half of an entire continent?

The liberal party was a huge force on the Empire too

So every freemason is a "hardcore liberal"? Have you ever heard of Joseph de Maistre? Do you know that the Portuguese conservative faction in Brazil supported the secession?

I'm speaking about early XIX century liberals, not modern american liberals

You basically said that portuguese don't know the definition of an Empire, because your crown prince was the retard to call it like that.

also King. Our first emperor would later become king of Portugal too

>I'm speaking about
You don't what you're speaking about, sweetie

subhuman

based pseudoscience retard