Do Austrians have a distinct accent? Can Germans instantly tell someone is Austrian once they start speaking...

Do Austrians have a distinct accent? Can Germans instantly tell someone is Austrian once they start speaking, and vice versa?

Attached: Flag_of_Germany_and_Austria.png (800x480, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bavarian_language
youtube.com/watch?v=XEkCkYQgcQk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i dont fugggin know lole im amergan why tf would know bong

based and retarded

Yeah most of them have a weird accent. They sound a lot like Bavarians. Although I've also seen Austrians that spoke High German with no accent at all.

Are Bohemians Germans or Austrian rapebabies? i.e. are they swarthy or not

Yeah kind of. I always have to think of pic related when I hear "Bavarian".

Attached: 25400_99c89401f8d9c71feaee4e2453879721_1280re0.jpg (699x340, 18K)

We kind of forcedly separated them after the World War, there is Austro-Bavarian sub-language or dialect how you can call it.
It's spoken in South Tyrol too.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bavarian_language

based esl interaction

>Why yes, I was born in Bavaria and then moved to the US when I was 4 years old how could you tell?

Attached: 1547147992174.jpg (1080x1266, 85K)

You don't need to hear them speak, you can tell that they are Austrian/Bavarian because they're swarthy manlets

you an smell Germans

>being slavic auslander among bavarians

please god release me from this hell

Slavs are whiter than Bavarians desu

Yes, you can hear it clearly in this Wolfenstein scene. The woman speaks with a German accent, the guy speaks with an Austrian accent.

youtube.com/watch?v=XEkCkYQgcQk

lol i thought all germans had blonde hair

The most common hair color among Germans is dark blonde. Scandis are the ones who are usually blonde.

aren't like hundreds of different accents on Germany itself?

Well yes, but there's a standard version of German, called ''Hochdeutsch'' which is comparable to ''Received Pronunciation (RP)'' in British English.

Sounds the fucking same. I thought I could've tell the difference since I can tell different english and italian accents but german to me sounds like a bunch of wheezing and grunts.

Try listening to the song ''Rock Me Amadeus'' or ''Jeannie'' by Falco which is Austrian German. Austrians sound like they're overpronouncing German words.

sounds the same.

bavaran is another story, that shit sounds dead drunk

Which region’s dialect was the Hochdeutsch stemmed from?

And why did it become that way?

Standard speak can't derive from an specific region. Most broadcasters are told to have a certain cadence and eliminate slang in order to achieve this.

The Germans have to dub Arnold Schwarzenegger into proper German instead of his degenerate Austrian farmerspeak so I would assume so

During the protestant reformation in the early 16th century, Martin Luther translated the bible from latin to a German vernacular that would be understood by all Germans during his ''imprisonment'' in Wartburg castle (he wasn't really imprisoned as the duke of saxony kept him there to keep him safe as he had been an outlaw by the catholic emperor of the Holy Roman Empire Charles V). Which became the basis of ''Hochdeutsch''.

*declared an outlaw

I love Luther now

Sometimes it does. Italian came from Firenze

The neutral American accent is from the Midwest specifically.

people in dusseldorf speak pretty much hochdeutch

Have you ever read any German writing? They always identify each other based on regional accents. It's always dry Lower Saxon tones or stout Bavarian speech.

Wrong

but stout is dry as in irish dry stout

Stout is strong and thick

>Austrians sound like they're overpronouncing German words.
Must be Slavic influence lol

>Heh my cunt committed warcrimes and supposed murder of civilians I better prepare my anus for them to gift it to them to pay for my sins

Austria is run-away Bavaria, no surprise their accent is closest to Bavarians.