Why does Swedish use ä and ö while Danish and Norwegian use æ and o? Why don't they all just use ä and ö...

Why does Swedish use ä and ö while Danish and Norwegian use æ and o? Why don't they all just use ä and ö, because it looks more elegant?

Attached: images (1).jpg (678x452, 33K)

What the fuck, every time I try to write o in Jow Forums, it becomes o.

Attached: 800px-Latin_alphabet_Øø.svg.png (800x236, 21K)

Who cares, not me

Why do Indians use strange characters?

you have to use ǿ for it to post on Jow Forums. also because ǿ and æ are based and æsthetic and ö and ä are cringe and boring

>German printers brought their native Ä and Ö to Sweden in the early 16th century where they replaced the older letters, whereas the Danes and Norwegians continued using Æ and O.

Ä is Æ in a different form, originally from A with E on top, loaned in our form from German. Same with Ö, it's Œ. Ǿ is also a visual representation of O and E together, but only expanded to Danish clay past and present, i.e. Denmark, Norway and the Faroe Islands. Dunno about elegancy, it's a matter of taste. I do like that there's a Scandinavian native equivalent to German ö or Latin œ however.

>õ, ä, ö, ü

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 56K)

>Danish clay past and present, i.e. Denmark, Norway and the Faroe Islands.

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 31K)

you have to blame moot for this one

Swedes have always bent over backwards for Germany. Just look at how they helped the third reich during WW2 by supplying them with high quality iron ore and troop transport. If it wasn't for Swedens assistance WW2 would have ended years before it did and millions of lives would've been saved.

Fuck sweden

Attached: 1561503736419.jpg (509x625, 31K)

Because Norway is based and redpilled while sw*den is pure cringe and danmark is the gayest country in all of Jow Forums

Attached: chad Norway.png (1024x456, 213K)

we never had what denmark and norway have

>we never had what denmark and norway have
soul?

BASED

based retard, you didnt let the allies through to invade sweden thats why anglos tried to invade you but germans were faster to prevent it

Scandinav languages sound gay. Also Dutch.

Attached: 1564838878536.jpg (248x250, 5K)

I wish we could get Gookmoot to give us our letter back

Attached: ø.jpg (512x512, 15K)

Swedes use ä ö because of german influence. æ o are the real old north germanic letters.

ö used to be more common in danish and was used interchangeably with o until the 1900s, when it died out.
ä was never used in danish as far as I know.
Also æ o look much more elegant and are easier to write. putting two dots above a letter... takes to much time.

Attached: 1920px-GRE-A37-Greenland-50_%C3%98re_%281874%29.jpg (1920x1300, 1.02M)

The Danes and the Swedes had a competition to see who could fuck over little Norway as much as possible.

Spoiler: The Danes won

Hm, har inte tænkt på hur det skulle se ut om man korde såhær istællet

iirc we used german pows to clear minefields too

Fult som fan säger jag.

>are easier to write

lifting the pen to make two dots is harder than just writing it in one.

Excellent post.

You're overestimating the work. Besides that. People just draw a line.

Finns use also ä and ö.