Do you think it's possible for SpaceX to accomplish its goal to colonize Mars or is Mars environment too hostile for...

Do you think it's possible for SpaceX to accomplish its goal to colonize Mars or is Mars environment too hostile for human life? What's the most realistic outcome of Elon Musk's attempts to colonize Mars?

Attached: 1135962-cityscape-wallpapers-1920x1200-for-ipad-pro.jpg (1920x1200, 726K)

>is Mars environment too hostile for human life?
yes
>What's the most realistic outcome of Elon Musk's attempts to colonize Mars?
one or two missions and then he goes bankrupt

i reckon it's possible but it'll be hell living there the first few years. i just don't understand what incentive a private company would have to do it

I'm sure there are ore and precious metals on Mars. I mean can you imagine a corporation owning an entire planet?

They'll do it, but not in our lifetimes. They'll get to Mars and it will fail and people will die trying to set up the colony and get it started, but they'll keep trying and eventually, once Musk and all of us are dead, they'll succeed.

I think it's gonna happen sooner or later but I'm not sure Musk will be the one who manages to do it

I guess it would be cool to see the first Mars landing in our lifetimes.

I think it will be him. Blue Origin isn't doing shit, NASA isn't either and Virgin Galactic is a meme.
SpaceX is the only one with a realistic shot of making it happen.

He should build one of these instead

Attached: space-station-ring.jpg (720x342, 38K)

Imagine being so delusional that you think this will ever be economically viable.

They land there, do nothing, run out of oxygen and die, assuming they make it there.
The first people sent to Mars will literally be cannon fodder, sent to die for our pleasure

Sure, why not? BFR is developing pretty nicely and we landed shit on Mars before so I think SpaceX can pull off the next big step.

>there are ore and precious metals on Mars
none that can be mined cheaper on Earth

they should build one every tenth of the road. make shorter trips

It'd be intetesting.

>colonize Mars
Why do you care? You'll be long dead before it happens anyway

This isn't sci-fi. Humans have every bit of technology to actually do it, it's just a matter of finance

Nice blackpill kike

We will never explore the cosmos, colonize Mars, the moon or anything else extraordinary as long as we have diversity quotas. Imagine how many people who truly are brilliant are pushed aside because the university, R&D firm or govt project in order to focus on making sure their workers have the right amount of women, colored people.....That is why it is 2019 and we are stunted in terms of progressing scientifically into the 21st century.

>it's just a matter of finance
Exactly, it costs millions just to land a small unmanned spaceship

Funnily enough, progressives and feminists hate SpaceX for not being gender-inclusive enough.

I have often thought of this and you're right.
I don't even want to go to Mars. They'll make sure there's loads of niggers and Asians and women and they'll do their best to ruin it.

I have made this argument openly and 95% of people listening agree. Seriously.

Does Elon really think like that though? He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who is all about affirmative action. More of a meritocrat.

The thing is, Elon still has boards of suits telling him what he should do, he still has PR people making sure he doesn't fuck up too much. Even as CEO he still is bound by other people's rules to a certain extent.
Imagine if the mad man does it. He gets a rocket to Mars and we start setting up a colony. Then as more waves of people come over some twitter whore goes "Where are all the black wymyn going to Mars?" and a backlash happens. Next thing you know it's full nigs and women just to shut people up.

Right. That's pretty gay. This is why we can't have nice things anymore.

>some twitter whore goes "Where are all the black wymyn going to Mars?" and a backlash happens
Nobody actually gives a shit

I'd almost rather not go to Mars at all instead. It was a different world back when our countries were established. Times were different.
Imagine a modern society built from the ground up full of turbo-libs and feminists and niggers? What would their constitution be like?

its seriously doubtfull that 'colonizing' mars will ever happen, there will probably just be a group of technicians overseeing a fuckload of drones and robots sending whatever there is of value back to earth, or wherever, so i dont think trendy diversity quotas make any difference, any way, the moment the thig starts china will just take it over, and china dosent do diversity

I'm assuming you have to be pretty physically fit to live on Mars and considering 50% of black women are obese, that'll never happen.

>gets a rocket to Mars
>sets up a colony
>can't hold liquid water due to 38% earth gravity
>mental health is deteriorating because there's nothing to do but stare at red rocks
>has to live in pods forever because of lack of atmosphere
>dies anyway from solar radiation
But diversity quotas are the problem, not to mention said colony will never be independent and will constantly require supplies from the earth

Go away, Shlomo. We aren't talking to you.

Not much different from the I.S.S.

Get gassed spic, i'll do whatever i want

Attached: 1565818868995.jpg (583x640, 165K)

Space is a meme, honestly. And I say this as someone who's been following Musk and Spacex for a long time, watching all the launches. There's just nothing to gain from trying to get to Mars. Humans aren't meant to live there, it can't support us. People will die trying.
We should start with the moon and maybe make a space station where people can actually live, like in Zenon.

Attached: zenon-girl-of-the-21st-century-original.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

I want a space gf

imagine you're jeff bezos with more money than you could ever spend in 10 lifetimes, might as well start funding space adventures for fun

Billionaires simply have too much money and too much time

No mostly because

It's too expensive for not enough return on investments.

I have bad new for you dreamer, we will go to Mars in the future, but we will never set up a colony on Mars and we will never terraform Mars.

>It's too expensive for not enough return on investments.
Jeff Bezos could finance the entire thing out of pocket and have 90 billion left over. It's not about returns on investments

there is something to gain, theres probably a lot of ore and so on, the asteroid belts are a better goal for things like precious metals or whichever resource might be up there, but most likely people will end up building space stations and no one will even bother landing on other planets, at some point theyl probably even forget the notion of 'colonizing space'

I think we should explore our ocean floors first as well as the Antarctic theories.

Keep dreaming

That's all we need, to destroy marine life and fuck up our own planet even more.
I'm not saying you're wrong, just that we will fuck it up like humans always do.

Including talking nonsense. You're obviously not a hot shit on the subject so I don't understand why you're so eager to act as one. Mars' colonisation is a matter of time for multiple reasons, over population is the biggest obviously. You will say to me that removing big chunks of population on earth will be more economically viable which isn't true, in fact it's not that easy because you can only do it while creating an irredeemable chaos on the surface of the planet which barely anybody wants. Humankind will only sustain this growth paradigm if it can send people on another planet. Will it have a cost ? Yes. How big ? It depends. It depends of the device used to send them, how we can re use it, the station over there requires not much of our scientifical knowledge, we can make water out of rocks, of mars' atmosphere even though it's relatively thin compared to earth's one. Mars countains metal, aluminium, carbon, silicium, and everything needed for drills, mining industries, controled agriculture and aquaculture in hydroponic systems (and it's not even complicated even considering lower gravity). People won't get bored lol. Your problems really aren't.

What makes you think that Humans won't fuck up Mars or the Moon? If it wasn't for our advanced waste disposals, we'd already be dead from trash.

An intermediary working station on mars would HIGHLY increase our productivity though. Roids belt is far from earthw but not far from marth.

We will fuck it up, at least in the beginning. But that's to be expected as it's literally another planet.
We fuck up everything we do because it's never just about science and research. There has to be a profit made or the project stalls. Things need funding. And when a profit is one of the goals humans fuck up. We're too greedy and it will be our downfall.
If we could just send scientists and engineers there, let them do their thing, then it will work. Not right away, but eventually.
As soon as it becomes about money and mining resources and blah blah blah it's over.

> Mars' colonisation is a matter of time for multiple reasons
Did you read my first comment? I'm saying that colonizing mars isn't theoretically possible, just that by the time there will be a solution to all the problems i've mentioned above, all of us will be long dead

I agree. Only the following nations: UK, USA, Russia, Japan, Germany, France and South Korea.....the greatest nations on earth with technology.

*i'm *not* saying

That's why the Moon landings were a success. NASA was in it for pure research. And NASA got funding from the taxpayers, it wasn't a private business

>blah blah blah
I suppose this means 'creation of personal computerd', 'domestic cars', 'connected smartphones' ?

thats a absurd notion, its not like any one will at any time relocate a couple billion people to mars just because earth is getting overcrowded, wtf would they even do there, whatever the reason for people going to mars it will definitely not be overpopulation, first there might be some token colonies for show, maybe tourism, then theyl just build a mining industry based on robots and a few thousand extremely bored engeneers, most likely there wont even be a constant population on the planet, a million people could just float in stations around it, why even land

Shekelberg, learn to read. Basically the entire thread is people saying it's going to take time and not gonna happen in our lifetimes. No one is saying we'll get a rocket there in a few years and immediately start setting up domes and shit to live in.
I'm guessing 50 years until something really gets started there, something permanent.

Completely agree with you. Money fucks everything up and the pursuit of knowledge should never be backed by the lust of cash. The movie Avatar is a good example. Humans seek other worlds, but cannot resist the urge to strip the new planet of resources to make a buck. Greed has led to the downfall of many Men.

i dont think its possible

Just all the crap that goes along with making a business profitable.
At the end of the day Spacex, Blue Origin and others are private companies that need revenue to stay alive. Getting to Mars is one thing, staying there, funding it all, and continuing to generate money will all be factors.

I think colonizing Mars is very possible. But I don't think there is a financial benefit to do so. Because it's basically trading earth, where life is easy, for a life where you always have to work and die if anything goes wrong.

>Mars? Who cares I'll be dead by the time we colonise it. No, of course I won't have any children

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 65K)

Nigger, you wrote
>Imagine if the mad man does it. He gets a rocket to Mars and we start setting up a colony
So no, it won't happen because we're so fucking far away from it right now, and it won't happen in 50 years either lmao

Yeah i've read it it's still highly speculative. In the five next year we can witness a disruptive technology, graphene, or AI etc. Nobody knows how long it will take, that's my point. You have it the pessimistic way, I have it the rationnal way. Nobody knows. It could be in five years literally, or as you said (which is not really realistic according to envisionning tech) long after our death, circa 60 years from now.
Just for your information, 60 years ago people in some part of the first world as we know it used still horses for agricultural purposes.

It might be suitable for tourism and further space exploration.

But not for the masses to live on.

I hate Jews so fucking much.
First, that was hypothetical. Second, we're getting a rocket there in a couple years, no doubt about it. But getting an unmanned test rocket there and getting engineers and scientists to establish a colony are two different things.
We're still very far away from that, but I have no doubt we'll get a rocket there with a rover or something within a decade

Not that absurd. What would they do over there ? What do they do on earth ? In the common thinking we draw marsian colonies with fancy domes which have a HUGE cost and aren't safe for radiations. In reality it will be subterranean gruyeres with a lot of habitations. People just live there.

Elon Musk's view is that the earth has had catastrophic event before, like what killed the dinosaurs. Do you think the dinosaurs thought they'd die when they did? Exactly. We could get fucking smashed by an asteroid and there's nothing we could do about it. At the rate we're going global warming and climate destruction will fuck us up anyway.
The idea is to get humans off of Earth and start somewhere else in case something does happen. That's what Elon is doing with Spacex, Tesla, Solar City. All of his companies are about making humans capable of establishing life somewhere else in case a catastrophic even happens.

thing is, it could easily happen in our lifetimes, if a coupe of major industrialised powers set their minds on it, and with a little competition, the whole planet could be swarming with drones and covered in automated facilities in a generation

theres just no reasonable reason for humans to live there, just like there is no logical reason why people would go live on the moon, you might as well just set up penal colonies and deport people there, it would be way simpler to build space stations

same thing with the asteroid belts, in fact they might be a better goal altogether, but mars is a planet so its 'simbolic' or fuckknowswhat

Don't argue with jews. They are master manipulators. Deep down they know that their days are numbered. If the US suddenly cut 100% aid to israel, they'd be dead in 6 weeks, but that won't happen since their dual citizenship agents control every politician and banker. The world is fucked by jewry.

SeeThat's why Elon is so obsessed with Mars. He wants to make humans interplanetary in case something happens to earth or we fuck it with a nuclear war or something.

How is a Martian colony supposed to make money?

>Graphene
Yeah and we'll be able to manufacture perovskite solar cells on the planet and harvest and photoreduce co2 with MOFs...
Not to rain on everyone's parade here but academic/governmental research is dead, the culture of publish or perish has created an equivalent of the private sectors profit motive in terms of a bullshittery incentive.
Unfortunately, the only way that such projects can work is with long term funding running into the billions and billions with international collaboration, which runs counter to the current trend within politics (funny how so many of you with dreams of space exploration also cheer nationalism).
In terms of material sciences, the only promising thing which could revolutionise the field is AI. And that will probably be used for drug formulation more than anything else.
Living in underground caves or some shit could work, but in terms of a viable commercial enterprise it is never gonna happen in our lifetime or the next. At which point climate change or some other issue will consumer all of our attention. So it's not happening, to be frank.

>needing an incentive to colonize mars

Mining resources there and sending them back to earth. There is an entire planet with minerals and ore that could be mined

First probe landing on the moon : Luna 2 , 1959
First man on the moon : N. Armstrong , 1969

If you mean it, want it and do the minimum required for it, it's not that far stretched away to say that we could colonize mars in the next 20 years. Having a space budget bigger than military budget will probably fix this issue of you want my opinion. Just for your information, NASA budget ~20 billion, us military budget ~ 600 billion

>Having a space budget bigger than military budget will probably fix this issue
Spacex and Blue Origin are both private companies owned by billionaires who get big contracts from investors who want them to launch their satellites.
They'll be just fine in the R&D department when it comes to getting us there quickly.

kys retard, you wrote
>What's the most realistic outcome of Elon Musk's attempts to colonize Mars?
It has only ONE (1) realistic outcome - failure, a concept i assume you're familiar with. Don't try to move the goalpost and throw tantrum like a little bitch just because you've been proven wrong
>In the five next year we can witness a disruptive technology, graphene, or AI etc
Maybe, but we need many such technological leaps on a rather short span of time in order for it to be possible in our lifetime.
And also there's the problem of cost. Remember that NASA used to send people to space during the 80s and 90s? You would have thought colonizng planets is just around the corner. But today those spacecrafts are obsolete because they were getting very old and expensive to maintain, and in order to fund future space projects NASA had to stop spending money on the shuttle program

why just not do that on earth then, why not just build massive underground spaces to store surplus people and grow cheap food by mariculture, why not throw a few billion into building underground cities on antarctica or creating floating megapolises in the middle of the atlantic and so on, why go trough all the trouble sending them to another planet with no breethable atmosphere and low gravity? if theres any resource there that might come in handy you realy dont need a million people to dig it out and catapult it back to earth

>Dude come buy this iron that's 100x more expensive than Earth iron

I don't reply to Jews out of principle. I broke my own rules replying to you earlier. I'm not doing it again.

Even if Earth was a post apocalyptic nuclear wasteland it would still be more hospitable than Mars.

Honestly bezos and musk are con men. I don't deny the progress made by space x for their launcher but it seems like muskosphere economically is not very strong. Bezos doesn't give a damn of mars he wants an expensive toy to say ' I did it'.

Not gonna happen you mentally ill techno capitalist cultists

How the fuck do Marsfags don't understand this simple fact?

Die cultist devil worshiper

The thing with Bezos and BO is that there's so much potential. He's so fucking rich he could just pour money at the project and get investors and really get the company going.
There is no reason BO shouldn't be doing what Spacex is doing. Why is Bezos treating it like a backburner hobby?

Because it is another worthless and pointless meme

But it doesn't have to is what I'm saying. There's no reason he can't fund the R&D to make it something bigger

we will deplete mineral deposits here sooner or later
currently, "sustainable" growth is a meme and a lie, because from what you grow, is limited
IF, and very big IF we somehow, could remove the "limited" from the equasion then there would be no limit on growth, meaning we hop from planet to planet and use its resources as we please, the universe is endless

I hope something kills ALL tellurian life forms before they get a chance to spread to other planets

but conditions on mars, and space in general, are so hostile its kind of absurd to begin with, its like saving yourself from a fire by jumping in a frozen lake

why not invest in tracking asteroids and figuring out ways to deal with them, for example

Unironically based

will not happen. Where do you think all that energy and metal to build the rockets come from? From le magic? But you are right when you mention that sustainable growth is a lie because "growth" will soon no longer be possible. It will be back to the good old days.

What other option is there, really? It's not like there's another earth we can jump to. We've got to make another

dont worry interstellar travel is physically impossible

Because earth has its limits. As earth, I mean biosphere, the balanced system sustaining us and providing O2 and atmospherical protection. You think it can sustain 20 billions of americans ? Then you're mistaken. And that's where we're heading to, globalisation is fabricating dayli dozens of new americans. You will reply that we have to work collectively on our energetical paradigm and optimise our consumption rates, these can be done, but once you reach a critical number of human being you can optimise as you want, if you don't get rid of a chunk of your population some will simply die to maintain a balance, just like bacterias will eventually die on a petry plate because colonies are overpopulating the medium of growth.

with space elevators it'd be extremely viable

Unrelated, but knowing that a non native English speaker makes posts like this is really cool. You're really good at English, Frenchbro.

No, colonizing Titan is more logical. However, SpaceX did not develop a single innovation that would make extraterrestrial civilization easier, so hearing them talk about space colonization is like hearing an obese Amerifat talk about dieting.

NASA said the same thing about reusable self landing orbital boosters

That is why the industrial society or the human race will die out eventually like every other healthy life ends as. Those sort of reconstructing human industrial society is unlikely to take place in an organized fashion in 21st century and it will only end up as humans going back before the fossil fuels. So-called space colony has no hope to be totally self sufficient without being transplanted with nearly anything, and that process is beyond the expense that humans can afford to send materials outside from Earth's gravity.

Titan would be the logical choice, or Europa, but they're both far as fuck away.
I actually forgot about Titan, but yeah, as good as it would be it's too far

I thought my english sucked as hell... thank you dude I appreciate.

thats my point, that would be funny to come up with something that in theory would let us do it but we already wasted the materials on handheld computers to play angrybirds