Why do people like eating other culture's foods?

What's with millennials becoming foodies, watching food vlogs, and traveling just for food?

Like food tastes the same everywhere. Who fucking cares. American food is the best and that's indisputable. Most other things aren't even edible. Foodie culture is fucking retarded

Attached: download.jpg (302x167, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jrMsWztL1n8
youtube.com/watch?v=Ja0MbsLpYDk
youtube.com/watch?v=C5U3dMkYbog&t=
youtube.com/watch?v=3mJ7YVF8tpw
youtube.com/watch?v=eKieSenmIMs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's literally the only argument for multiculturalism

Unironically this

Why are all Americans retarded?

American food is disgusting.

T. GOd lovin burger

Post your academic percentiles

Attached: Screenshot_20190815-133102.png (1080x2160, 1.37M)

>blaspheming against food
Get the FUCK out. Almost as bad as not wanting the best for israel

>T NEVER HAD a true american burger

>why do people like food
As an American, do you really need someone to give you a quick rundown on this?

>Like food tastes the same everywhere.

What? No! Don't you know that for instance there's no so such thing as a steak at least between Sarajevo and Istanbul? They serve only 100% mincemeat.

Someone is probably behind these food memes. Some company perharps.
The people just follow their peers

Food is food. There's nothing special about it.

the funniest part is that millennials can't even make a sandwich for themselves and claim to be food experts

Oh shut the fuck up, tryhard.

>Like food tastes the same everywhere
when the "food" of your country is cheeseburger, then i suppose it tastes kinda the same in other places.
so i guess you are right. stay in the usa and eat your great food forever :)

You posted on the wrong board. This is not /ck/.

>Like food tastes the same everywhere.
but
>American food is the best and that's indisputable.

You might be retarded.

Virgin hands typed this post.

Consumption of food is a social activity, so was preparing food throughout the ages. Food was, is and will be present at social gatherings. Early humans exchanging food products and meals created social bonds when the food wasn't poisoned or spoiled.

Besides, people living in developed countries live boring soy-infused lifes. Exploring activities including consumption of food that you're not familiar with is an enjoying activity.

>American food is the best and that's indisputable
If that's true then I have a reason for eating other cultures food, so your question is dumb

I did. Sure it's tasty but it's still fast food. I cannot imagine eating it more frequent that once every 2-3 weeks

I have seen Americans eat some strange things. How can you eat such unpalatable things like alligator?

Attached: 5906669409.jpg (1895x1265, 646K)

OP is an uncultured yankee

I'd rather eat a gator than a burger. Burgers are boring as fuck. At least gator is a novelty.

STFU boomer faggot nobody cares about your shit opinion.

Do people unironically get different emotions eating different types of food

Just stick to cereal, fruits, veggies, normal food like pizza and wings and burgers, and that’s all you need

All that other shit is unnecessary

there is only one culture the human culture

Its the most tangible cultural difference. Most others are more subtle to the point where they can be hard to describe.

Do people actually enjoy eating other people's foods? I don't. I think its unamerican.

Are you stupid? They taste different.

Does mcd counts as a true burger?

seethe

>start watching Mark Wiens videos because of the memes
>end up enjoying it

Attached: 1540860382195.png (456x531, 291K)

What race is this?

Is there any particular reason why Mark Wiens, The Food Ranger, etc. videos are all in Latin America or Asia? Why not Africa, or more Europe and North America stuff?

Europe and North America have the most michelin star restaurants therefore real food

mutt like you.

because muh shitskin street food

Yeah, none of this is food made for white people

This is great bait. You seamlessly combine both stereotypes about Americans being ignorant and arrogant with an actually good point that foodies are wankers. 9/10. Would be 10/10 if it was a more divisive topic.

If he eats in your country, its a certified shithole

Depends on the culture. People like eating Mexican food because its tasty. Nobody likes eating frikin Serbian food because its nasty.

Wa la

Oceanian people have no food culture

>foodies are wankers.

I can't believe that's a hobby and something people brag about on social media. It doesn't make you any more cultured to eat other people's foods.

Whenever my coworkers give me food from Shitholelandia, I throw it away in their face and tell them to make me real food.

Everyone who has food has food culture. Go bother Somalia or something.

when you complete eighteen and stay tired of your mom's chicken tenders you will want to try new things in life, Josh

Pavlova is American

>Whenever my coworkers give me food from Shitholelandia, I throw it away in their face and tell them to make me real food.

No you don't dumb fatty

Yeah, the most popular countries are places like Mexico, Peru, China, India, Thailand, Malaysia/Singapore, etc.

Not even Japan is featured that much, and that's the only really good food country in Asia. Lots of umami.

>Peru,

Why is that a popular food spot? They just eat guinea pigs. Nothing special.

>umami
Lmao faggot

I know, but am flattered you apparently know it's been the subject of a long-standing trans-Tasman grudge. NZ food culture is pretty much just English with less offal. There's hangi too but it's a pain in the arse to make and isn't very nice.

??

youtube.com/watch?v=jrMsWztL1n8
youtube.com/watch?v=Ja0MbsLpYDk
youtube.com/watch?v=C5U3dMkYbog&t=
youtube.com/watch?v=3mJ7YVF8tpw
youtube.com/watch?v=eKieSenmIMs

>American food is the best
Top kek

>USA

Shithole.

>Lots of umami.

Wtf is umami?

>he doesn't know about the 6 tastes

>hangi
Looks like something we do here in Finland called rosvopaisti.

Hangi is not very unique, almost every culture has a variation of it. It's even present in the Middle East, India and Africa.

Tbh hangi would be better if it was seasoned properly but whenever I had hangi they fuck up the puha and kumaras and it's just bland af

I hope Finland's version has some manner of seasoning.

>bland
Exactly. Thanks for dropping some pounds here though.

I'm kiwi bro, straight out of Manurewa. Just here to make shekels

>Like food tastes the same everywhere
I hope you're just shitposting, and not actually retarded.

Everyone has their own recipe for it.
We make it with my friends during the midsummer and make it out of whatever anyone wants to eat and brings and use generous amount of dry rub and some vegetables.

>it's still fast food
It wasn't a high quality burger then.

you eat fucking weed that's disgusting

but therye right user, our food culture is complete flavorless shit. Dominated by vegans, fruits and veggies with little to none protein :-( I starve in poopeeland

Ah sweet. Even better.

>dry rub
Now that sounds pretty bloody good. Sadly seasoning wasn't really a thing here until the Brits showed up.

Hey I didn't say we have food culture we can be proud of, just that we have some.

Don't you have any native spices or herbs there?

But only adapted food.

Original food is a no no because what is normal in other parts of the world is not here and vice versa. Tell some Indians to butcher a cow and see how far it goes...

Wait why is that a bad thing?

Kek

This. He turned me into a foodie and diversity lover.

He has tons of videos in Europe, you literal retards. Spain, Sweden, Austria, Germany, Italy, etc. Go back to Jow Forums.

Michelin stars are an western thing, I really hope you're baiting

eating the same things over and over gets boring

I’m going to Peru and Mark wiens and Simply Dumpling inspired me to find cool places there

Fuck you pol fags

Not much. Manuka (tea tree) leaves, horopito leaves. Luckily there's a lot of really nice seafood here that doesn't need a lot of seasoning, but yeah generally very bland cuisine.

American food is very varied though

That's why Japan has the most restaurants that are Michelin rated, right?

You can have good food outside of a Michelin restaurant
You can't have bad food in a Michelin restaurant