DIY SKYminer

I`ve been researching the best method to build a DIY Skyminer and I`ve seen a lot of people adapting the miners to their own hardware.

So far I haven`t seen anyone go over the 8 board configuration but once SkyCoin launches mainnet their miners will be upgraded and they should bring out bigger versions like the 64 or 256 boards miners so i thought I`d go over the top and build a 32 or 64 board one.

>>Is there anyone that built a skyminer from scratch? and if so can you point me into the right directions to get the cheapest hardware out there?

Attached: diy.png (1116x594, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=22ytucw2A4k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Build 4 x 8 boards and stick to the instructions and you can’t fail

why sohuld I waste money on the casing and space when i can make them all fit the same frame

Trust me, you’ll get confused of all the tiny screws and it will take longer to build.
+ if you want to move it it is easier to move 4 small device instead of 1 big one

Try watching their official video, you ll get the hang of it
youtube.com/watch?v=22ytucw2A4k

seen it twice but i don`t think my hardware parts will be the same. The frame will be different, which means i will need different glass/acrylic pannels and a different number of screws

nobody did over 8 board configuration because for now this us the maximum you can get
On Skywug you fund complete guides for Hardware or Software configuration. I used that one, very helpful

are thinking on using raspberry or orange pi?

Try Aliexpress, found orange pies for 40$ a set

I don`t know yet, I`ve been thinking of keeping the original Orange Pi but I`ve seen that does not matter to much

Neither is the frame or the pannels, don’t waste your money, you can place them on a wall with selfbuild mini shelfs or you can simply lay them into a corner of the room in a clean order. This lets you upgrade your miner from time to time without spending extra money on aesthetics

I know, frames come last, though I would build them too because it can get dusty and it will ruin the boards. My main fear is about the cables and the ethernet switch

You can use any ethernet modem if it has at least 8 ports. i use my old TP Link modem but I only have 4 boards

If you can’t find rasp or orange pi at a decent price you could use Odroid C2. It s the same thing and it even has the same layout so you can use normal raspberry pi casings

Cables are the cheapest and easiest to find, you need short lan cables, powercords and one powersplitter for each board. You ll get them from any store for like 45 $ if you don t have any spare ones.

just use cheap plexiglas for the frame mate, easy as it can get. also, 8 boards will do the job just fine in terms of forwarding traffic.. add some more later if needed

Get someone to build it for you or with you because you need to pay attention to each input and output. If you mess up you need to crack it down and start again

>No.10996913
don`t know about that, I`ve been in a BTC mining room and the temperature was ridiculous. the owner used AC to mellow down the heat, cheap plexi could be more of a hustle than a solution

POO
IN
LOO

15 hardware boards are accepted for whitelisting:
Orange Pi
Raspberry Pi
Banana Pi
Nano Pi
Odroid
Asus
Helios
Beelink
Pine
Olimex
SolidRun
Udoo
CubieBoard
Libre Computer
MQMaker

Mining btc is 2000late, move on minefags

Orange Pi are getting out of stock very fast. ODroid-C2 is the perfect mid range between an Orange Pi Prime and other boards like Rasberry Pi's. It has almost the same specification like Orange, the difference being that ODroid- C2 has ARM CPU 1.5 Ghz, compared to 2.00.I prefer Orange, is the most recommended.

Skyminers dont even mine. Pretty gay if you ask me

Attached: 1530519784987.jpg (600x800, 100K)

Odroid C2 has served me well. Built one from day 1 of testnet. Easily paid for itself.

The best board to invest, power to price, is the Orange pi win plus, at around $40 in aliexpress. Forget on cases and fans, buy heat sinks, and let it open. Clean the dust once per week tho