Europeans please help

my honda motorcycle had a faulty fuel petcock so I bought a new one off amazon, only to discover that the new valve is 18mm but the fuel tank pipe is only 17mm so they do not fit. Where/which stores would I find a thread/pipe adapter for this problem?

Jow Forums related because this problem does not exist with American cars/bikes because 5/8 to 2/3 (the closest equivalent) is a big jump and won't work in the same way fudging a single mm is. This is also why Imperial is better than metric in general since all American bikes use standard size parts but I digress. No hardware store in the US carries mm fittings period whereas if it was just a normal 2/3 tube I could have used any sort of plumbing part and not a special imported auto part.

pic sort of related because it is what I'm looking for

Attached: ggggggg.jpg (342x342, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eshop.wuerth.de/de/DE/EUR/
threadtoolsupply.com/thread-adapters.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

aguuuuhhhhhh b ffffffppppbpbpbpbpbpb dh zhhhhhhjjjjjvvvvvvvv

huhuhhuh

y

Attached: troll_face_creepy_by_battlebat3_d5hj8bh-pre.jpg (991x806, 73K)

eshop.wuerth.de/de/DE/EUR/

>I suffer in US without my fuel petcock

Attached: 06514144919f7167746c59cf01933979--reaction-pictures-frogs.jpg (236x236, 10K)

I don't know anything about cars or motorcycles.

Attached: 1565277185568.jpg (250x215, 6K)

the bike is nostart without it because it's a california model and california is homosexual about emissions control

this is also why environmentalists are shit and do nothing but fuck over regular people, I'm actually legit taking the bus to work because I have no working vehicle because I'm a chump who didn't buy a backup car (considering this now though since it'd be a faster fix than waiting 1-2 weeks for a metric auto part to arrive)

My dad has some drill bit size chart he printed from a woodworking magazine pasted on the wall in the workshop and those American sizes are hilarious.
>5/34
>7/16
>3/8
Do Americans even know how to organise these by size?

yes because it's pretty easy since it's based around eights and nice round numbers instead of 10-20 different metric sizes for each mm. Most parts only use 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 and 5/8 though so hardware and auto stores only stock 4-5 different pipe sizes. 1/2 (about 12.6mm depending on how you measure it) is by far the most common for things like motorcycle parts because it is a basic, standard size.

This happens from time to time. Just cut the pipe with a fine-grained hacksaw blade so that you have enough room to shove in the new piece. Then use a tight rubber seal to close it up.

Attached: Diagram.png (438x205, 4K)

I thought about that but I also can't afford a new fuel tank.

no problem fitting a 17mm hose over a 18mm fitting. just heat it with boiling water, use some needle nose pliers to expand it then slip it onto the fitting. better lube up the fitting first.

it's a pipe and we don't have metric hoses here

>it's based around eights
>34

You're thinking of 5/32 and /32 is far less common than /16 which is less common than /8. /4 and /2 are more common as well especially for sizes above 1". /64 and /128 sizes also exist but are limited to specific applications like guns or engine head/cylinder parts.

>You're thinking of 5/32
I was refering to that post

>Having trouble connecting to international components or machinery? Looking for a quick, economical, and easy solution to change the thread size on any threaded connector?

>Your search ends here! Our adapters make thread type conversion a breeze. Whether you need to convert from Metric to NPT, PG to Metric, NPT to PG or vice versa we have the solution. We carry both standard industrial grade and heavy duty explosion proof adapters. Available materials include Aluminum, Black Nylon, Nickel Plated Brass and 316 Stainless Steel. Our high quality Thread Adapters are used everyday in the Industrial, Commercial, Chemical, Petrochemical, Power, Oil & Gas, Mining, Military, Maritime, and Professional Sound & Light industries among many others.

threadtoolsupply.com/thread-adapters.html

I still think you're thinking of /32. 5/34 sounds like a unique part to a bicycle or something where parts are not standardized at all as they are with cars and plateable vehicles.

If your bike is broken just go buy another one, you americans rich af

I'm seriously considering it. I only paid $800 for the bike and could probably sell it non-running for $500. A new car is only $1500 running.

Eights complicate things compared to regular numbers and can you really call something 7/16 a round number?

That was a mistype, it was supposed to be 32

1/2" is far more common than 7/16 so yes. Why have 14mm, 15mm and 16mm etc when you can just have it be 1/2".

oh.. post pictures of the stufff, no way it can be that hard to make it work.
>i work with imperal and metric stuff all the time.
>never been stranded at work or with my pos american car so far

1/2 equal 12,7mm. our pipe sizes pretty much follow imperial in that 1/4 = 6mm, 3/8 = 10, 1/2 = 12, 5/8 = 15, 3/4 = 18, 7/8 = 22, 1 1/8 = 28. if you need a certain diameter to flow enough fuel then just using a 1/2 pipe will not be enough, and if you sell your stuff outside of burgerland using imperial is just stupid.