These are "the world" islands in Dubai

the top picture were the initial plan
the bottom picture are the final results

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 1.43.14 PM.png (730x1028, 1.34M)

an attempt was made. can't blame them.

But why?

Lmao nice

Arabs have shit taste

for the lolz

I realize I should have typed was instead of were and is instead of are

and result instead of results

Gotta spend all that oil money

>No Zealand on top

Cool
Now what are they going to do with it?

Let it erode by the sea. It was all an expensive sand castle building, just for fun

those islands were meant to be sold for people who wanted to own their own private islands. Real estate or whatever.

damn you stupid oilniggers and you cheap curry workers.

You forgot Israel

>Iberian Union
>Frankish Empire
>Holy Roman Empire
>Mega Denmark
>Poland
>Lapland
>Post-Belarus
>Mega Crimea
>Byzantine empire?

>who wanted to own their own private islands
>private
They are few meters away, what kind of privacy is that?

I know. Ultimately it was built just so the city could say: "look at what I have. isn't that cool blah blah"

what the fuck where is Iceland
dubai is cancelled

who are you

the best Nordic country

Dubai is probably the shittiest city ever built in terms of infrastructure and design.

thats who i am baby

it's too hot to live here anyway

based

>But why?
Human stupidity has no bounds. Don't expect to understand the thought process of the retard who commissioned this.

they should have built one artificial island with a dam around it first and then removed the dam after creating the shapes of the tiny island with stone barriers.

Gotta be consistent

To make islands that represent countries from around the world.
As in you go into each island and find culture from the corresponding country in that island.
They made Palm Jumeirah so that gave them confidence to make this.
It's an ambitious idea on paper but it seems like they didn't make it as good as they did the palm island

I would like to visit the Ireland island and see what's going on in their equivalent of my home village of Ballysax

They were having problems with The Palm related to subsidence and erosion shortly after it was completed. Any man made island is going to lock its creator in a perpetual struggle against nature.

How could someone fail that bad ?
Looks like it was made by a teenager

Especially considering the The Palm was done so well

Each of those island is bigger than it looks from the air, once you add in landscaping and walls you'd have some privacy. The selling point wasn't privacy though, it was that you'd have your own little island but still be in Dubai

Oil sheikhs have stupid amounts of money and blow it all on vanity projects to get attention and hopefully tourists willing to gaze at their soulless expenditures

When they started building up Dubai they never installed a sewage system, every building has its own septic tank and they are pumped out nearly every day and sent by truck to the middle of the desert where they're emptied into a lagoon of piss and shit. The line to unload the sewage can stretch for miles.

Attached: dubai sewage.jpg (594x392, 130K)

Imagine spending 80 billion on this shit. Overthrow the monarchy OP.

>what you order in aliexpress
>what you get

>When they started building up Dubai they never installed a sewage system,
But why?

We had a sewage system it just didn't cover the new parts of the city. Now the current system covers all of the city. So the shit trucks are old news from the 00s.

80 billion sounds like an insane budget. I just google'd it and it seems like the whole thing costs about 13 billion instead.
I still think it's wasted money given that it seems like a failed project. Specially when looking at the final result.

I heard that too. A friend of mine who went there as a consultant (and made really good money) said that basements in many villas started showing water damage extremely quickly.

investment

I really hope Dubai and the other gulf states collapse
gaudy tasteless niggers

that's called envy.

13 billion dollars? I read it cost 80 billion AED

Aren't the nouveau riche from the oil fields and diamond mines in canada just as tasteless?

I would never live in the Middle East you retarded Arab
Yes. But I don’t live out west. I live in Montréal where we don’t have gated communities and F-150s everywhere

rate

Attached: 0mg8UZe.jpg (1023x647, 228K)

I based that on pic related but I just noticed that it says CAD and not US dollars. So I guess I don't really know how much was the cost.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 6.39.14 PM.png (1386x606, 295K)

no one asked you to lol

I’m not envious of the gulf nigger lifestyle. In fact I can’t wait for it to collapse in on itself because it’s unsustainable and predicated on oil wealth and slave labour

pretty decent but it sucks that it's an island next to dozens of islands that are literally right next to it.
It should have been built on the mainland with a wall surrounding it. You could do that and build it on the coast so you would still have your own private beach.
The fact that it's on it's own man made island probably makes it more expensive than it should be.

you are
that's the definition of envy, to hate someone for his good fortune and wish him misfortune
it's an investment and trade and tourism hub, very sustainable and will last a very long time
you keep spamming that oil argument, like it's unfair that they have natural resources, when you live in one of the richest lands on earth which you stole from spear chuckers

from 2010:
>Of Dubai's absurd dreams, none has failed more spectacularly than The World - 300 man-made islands sculpted from sand; only 'Greenland' has been built on. And as Adam Luck reports, the $14bn dream has left a trail of death, debt and deception

Other than the money they're blowing on vanity projects, they're also reinvesting plenty in other areas. They own many high value properties here in Milan, for example.