Why so many countries today use latin letters?

Why so many countries today use latin letters?

Attached: latin.png (480x229, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LNBjMRvOB5M
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianization_of_Poland
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We had this thread yesterday too

Influence + practicality

I wish my country didn't use Latin script. We could be original in at least one thing.

Because cyrillic is fucking trash

Why so many countries today use Phoenician letters?

you should use cyrillic, the alphabet of slavs, you got cucked by the catholic church

Cringe

>why don't they use my scribbles instead
Other scripts are too complicated and messy. Cyrillic is acceptable, but past that you're heading hard into meme status.

Attached: stanley-gif.gif (500x281, 795K)

They make the most sense in most languages.

What's wrong with greek?

>Siemieniakowszczyzna
>Ceмeнякoвщинa

szczyz=щ
10/10

Cringe, you're still subhuman for the West, no matter how you try cargo cult them

The Catholic Church indeed ruined Polish culture and language. After we got Christianized we took a whole damn lot of Latin words without thinking and adapted them to our language destroying the purity. Even our names aren't so Slavic nowadays. All because the mighty Church didn't allow to give children the awful pagan Slav names.

w-we used to rule the world you know

Cyrillic is also a cucked script. Glagolitic checking in

Attached: Glagolitic_alphabet.png (1006x544, 19K)

lmao

> That D letter looking like a Dick

You're a wignatcuck, aren't you?

Latin alphabets are most optimum in terms of ergonomics.

Upper-left to bottom-right and clockwise circular strokes, which are for example found in Greek alphabets(β, δ, λ...) are uncomfortable for average right handed writers.

Cyrillic would have been competitive to Latin if б hadn't existed.

Maybe. So what?

Because Phoenicians made phonemic writing system first

Runic is gay ngl.

>four sounds
>one letter
Why are russians like this

handwritten б looks like d or d'

Turbocringe

Because it's the least retarded alphabet. Look at the fucking chinks or the nips with their +1000 letters, what the fuck

Latin is best for writing fast but Hanzi/Kanji is best for reading fast and storing information in a small space.

I wish we used Latin alphabet with our own dialect.

>maybe, so what

Attached: thumb_download-135kib-700x710-wojak-crying-sony-png-image-with-53344791.png (300x345, 24K)

use Hebrew letters.

Because I my language comes from latin

Being a Westerner fucking sucks, though. That's the fact. We're not special at all, because our culture is world wide and well known. There's nothing special about it, because it's so obvious. Plus, how the fuck the Western culture look like anyway? Especially nowadays.

Because the latin alphabet is objetively superior.

>Poland
>Western

You're eastern.

no, they were the first to make an alphabet
Sumerian cuneiform was syllable based
Egyptian Hieroglyphs are not pictographs, in fact they are phonemic as well

Attached: 1430263309.png (732x502, 147K)

I wish we were, but we're not. All because of the Catholic Church. As much as reterded this sounds, the religion decides to which civilization you belong (Philippines are the only exception).

>szczyz=щ
First of all, there's no yz in щ

Second of all, щ is not even the equivalent of our sz+cz, which our two separate sounds (ш and ч) pronounced in quick succession. Russians don't do this, as far as I know. Go on Google translate and compare how the words "jeszcze" and "eщё" are pronounced. Щ is actually our ś

>9a7ba
lol why cant you guys invent some letter like the ploes instead of using number

Western imperialism + it is a good alphabet
But we use Arabic beautiful alphabet
Why ?

Attached: 1565901570720.gif (314x447, 590K)

Lol Szymon, you’re eastern. Don’t try to sugarcoat facts

Is there a country that uses a different numeral system?

Attached: 1200px-Numeral_Systems_of_the_World.svg.png (1200x837, 73K)

Ugh the Latin alphabet is so inefficient; one letter should be one syllable as Bathala intended.

Attached: baybayin.png (800x601, 300K)

between chinese and roman, those numbers are pure cringe

because it is based

Poland has been part of the Western World since 966. People make the mistake of thinking we're eastern because we fell under Soviet control for 45 years, largely thanks to our western "allies" fucking us over in Yalta. Those 45 were only a brief aberration, historically speaking.

WE

We're Western, but does this make us any special? The answer is: NO!

In what ways is modern Poland more western than eastern?
(Also people usually call eastern anything slavic)

West is the best youtu.be/LNBjMRvOB5M

>that V looking like a vagoo

West sucks!!!

>Poland has been part of the Western World since 966

Attached: 1420488435004.jpg (803x688, 141K)

We (the West) still do.

No Indian language uses Latin letters though.

because English is your official language too

Well we 12 official languages. Besides lots of countries including Pakistan and Bangladesh have English as their official language.

Religion, architecture, shared history with the West (Renaissance never even reached Russia), our nobility intermingling with other European nobles; culture, mentality

Mentality is probably the weakest point on that list, because there is still some of that "homo sovieticus" thinking leftover from the commie era. But it's nowhere near as bad as it is across our eastern border, and people recognize it when they see it.

It's also not so much about what we are today, as is it about what we aspire to be, or rather what we wish to regain; we're still largely in the making and rebuilding process

Read more: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianization_of_Poland

Makes sense, nice

coap: the poast

because it's easy and widely used

Still, it doesn't make us any special. We always do what the countries West of us do. We can't be original at anything.

There is one though, we just don't use it because of a couple of reasons. You can also use just H in kahba and it will make perfect sense for a nafri.
Because it fits better with our darja.

Smart and rare!

Poland contributed some original things to the arts and sciences too; maybe not as impressive, but still, we have our own national treasures. In any case, I think emulating the West is generally a better idea than emulating the East.

Whatever. The West now, and the West back then are two different things.

Pictured: ROMAN'D
lmao imagine being such cucks

Lel, I'm with you there, I'm actually not talking about emulating the West as it is today, and we're not doing that anyway. The West of the current year is plagued by leftist thought, and there are tons of unironic Marxists and you-know-whos among them playing the same game as always, they just put a different spin on it (replacing identity for class as a basis of oppression)

I mean traditionally western things, like the founding principles of America, which was really a distilled version of the whole thing

>Arabic with western letters

ACHACHACHACHAHCAHC MACHALLAH ACHACHACHACHACHACH

because they are/were too fucking retarded to create their own alphabet.

Hellenic is the best alphabet.
Fight me

yes

كس اخت اللاطينية

The Latin alphabet is very simple, and it was also spread very far during imperial times.