Do americans really?

Attached: chartoftheday_18300_countries_using_the_metric_or_the_imperial_system_n.jpg (960x684, 375K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tUA8eij_cEs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallon#Definitions
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Canada is metric

Lmao only immigrants use cucktric

Yeah everyone I know is still on pounds and inches.

Also why Myanmar

Do road signs use miles or kilometers in canada?

People use pounds and kilograms interchangeably but nobody uses inches except for height

Metric makes 1 billion more sense than ancient units

USA will need to adapt to metric or it will fall behind the rest of the world

Fake News

Attached: hsu.jpg (1600x900, 166K)

Not sure where you live, but unless it's the government or scientific, everything is pounds and inches

*Mainly* imperial

well yeah the map says mexicans use metric

Why are Canadians so proud of being America's 51 state?

it's always kilometres. zoomers don't even know how long a mile is

Americans don't actually know how long a mile is. Seriously, ask one of us and you'll just get a blank expression.
youtube.com/watch?v=tUA8eij_cEs

love the nonstop criticism from the country whose population is desperately clamoring to hop the border
canada is based

Km but we typically measure distance in time

>It's about an hour to get to Guelph

I meant being able to give a rough estimate, like anybody that wasn't retarded anyway could tell you something is about a kilometre down the road. Only reason I can estimate a mile is because a trail my house growing up was exactly a mile long. Can't Americans do that?
I'm pretty sure everybody in the world does that

I'm just stating facts. Canadians use imperial for nearly everything. We have no clue how far a km is so we measure long distances in time despite our road signs.

Short distances are measures in feet and inches. The only people I've heard say "oh it's 3 metres away" or somethinge along those lines were immigrants.

Has nothing to do with wanting to be a 51st state.

>mixed

Attached: 1556462927867.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

We landed on the moon with our nonsensical imperial units, you can take your perfectly logical metric system and shove it up your well lubricated assholes

AKSHULLY

Nasa uses the metric system

It's retarded. The metric system is superior.

fixed

Attached: 1566069180425.png (1516x1080, 759K)

>didn't color Greenland in red

USA is adabting. Slowly but steadily. Maybe in a couple of generations burgers start to prefer actual units they already use in disguise.

We measure our soda in Liters, meaning were already more European than you, mohammed.

It does make more sense. Everything is based on 10. Our dumbass system is based on nothing. 12 inches is a foot, 3 feet is a yard and 1760 yards is a mile.

>mixed

Attached: ANGLO PRIDE WORLDWIDE.jpg (1200x849, 152K)

>that flag
>that post
I don't even have to say anything

Metric is completely arbitrary and makes no sense, customary is perfectly suited for everyday use by the average Joe.

This

>Metric is completely arbitrary and makes no sense
It does make sense, it's just autistic
Think of it as a form of proto-globalism, whereby innumerable vernacular forms of measurement were replaced with a uniform system that robbed various peoples of unique ways of viewing the world around them
All of our schooling uses metric (in science and mathematics), but in everyday use we still use plenty of imperial measurements

What's the definition of a gallon?

Metric is simpler.
He's a troll.

No offense but with your fellow countrymen it's sometimes hard to tell.

Suck my 56% dick you godless discount sweden knockoff

Why are foreigners so autistically triggered by America? Is it jealously?

European brains aren't big enough to understand this

Attached: Imperial.jpg (992x1466, 238K)

UK is bimeasurement

Do you think anyone here gets 100% of that?

They are fucking retarded and can't change their measurement system because they are too fat and lazy :^)

Attached: file.png (606x618, 81K)

red = soul
blue = soulless
If you think 182.88cm is more aesthetic than 6ft than you're genuinely autistic.

If they have an IQ above 100 yes

>He's a troll.
Because I can recognize a superior system, I'm a troll? Euro on vacation or pathetic suck-up?

What do us /yellowchads/ equal?

Our measurement system is absolutely retarded and I think we should switch to metric. But I can explain the month/day/year thing, it's basically writing "August 17, 2019" but shorter. Saying 17 August sounds pretty choppy.

yellows are measuremutts

Can you answer the question?

To say that 10 -> 10 -> 10 is arbitrary but 12 -> 3 -> 1760 is arbitrary sounds like trolling.

I'm relatively math-capable and I have no idea how to use KMs, meters, liters, etc. The math is so much easier that I can do it all in the abstract. But then I look down a stretch of road and I don't know how many liters of kilometer I'm doing in my KPH machine.

Isn't Canada,Australia, New Zealand mixed

Nasa only switched in the 90's

Australia stomped out imperial in the 70's.

>I'm relatively math-capable and I have no idea how to use KMs, meters, liters, etc. The math is so much easier that I can do it all in the abstract. But then I look down a stretch of road and I don't know how many liters of kilometer I'm doing in my KPH machine.

Attached: doamerigansreally.png (1080x996, 426K)

A gallon is 4 quarts or 8 pints
Okay, we're misunderstanding eachother. IIRC a meter is defined as some tiny fraction of the distance to the North Pole from Europe, which is completely arbitrary and pointless. Using numbers which have relevance for the vast majority of people and their various applications makes much more sense.

Fall behind? Fucking how? It is almost irrelevant what method we use to measure things, it effects practically nothing, and only appears important to simpletons who are just looking for an argument to "prove" their country is superior.

Sounds like some faggotry which didn't exist in Australia until the 90's

>17 August sounds pretty choppy.
Only because your brain isn't used to it

If you think 5.90551 foot is more aesthetic than 180cm than you're genuinely autistic.

>A gallon is 4 quarts or 8 pints
>A gallon is 4 4ths or 8 8ths of a gallon
Quite literally begging the question.
Anyway, a gallon is defined as 231 cubic inches. Seems like you don't even know your own system.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallon#Definitions

Also months only go from 1-12 while days go from 1-31

I guess that's true. But even 17th of August sounds better than 17 August to me. There's no words connecting them which is why I think it's choppy.

Attached: 1565585855301.jpg (757x798, 144K)

I measure everything with my dick

That's exactly as arbitrary as the liter, but it easily subdivides into useful units? What's your problem

Kek

Depends on where you live and/or what industry you’re in. I use metric more often than imperial. Canada should just be classified as mixed.

Americans are just more accustomed in dealing with fractions. Everything is a fraction in the states.

Most other places, decimals and metric go hand-in-hand. If you grew up doing arithmetic in decimal, metric makes more sense.

in Japanese, we call January Ichigatsu(1月 or 一月) which means one month or first month
we call February Nigatsu(2月 or 二月) which means two month or second month
and so on

why do westerners have to use confusing words for months?

You're rambling about how metric is supposedly more arbitrary but 231 cubic inches in a gallon isn't?
28,875 cubic inches in a pint, very convenient.

I like the practicality

Well, you should be able to answer your own question: you call your days of the week 月 火 水 木 金 土 日。

The Chinese are probably laughing at you.

>You're rambling
I have an enormous IQ- If you can't understand my posts, you need to hit the books.
>but 231 cubic inches in a gallon isn't?
Explain how this is more arbitrary than "1000 grams of water at 62 degrees" despite not subdividing into any useful units.

because we aren't soulless insectoids

DO AMERICANS

Attached: KEK.png (327x316, 208K)

A liter is defined as one cubic decimeter my friend, seems less arbitrary indeed. Can you explain the reasoning behind the number 231?
> despite not subdividing into any useful units.
Liquids are commonly sold in units of: 20cl, 25cl, 33cl, 50cl, 75cl, 100cl, 150cl, and 200cl. Guess what these are fractions of.

>this post
>from the country that has a fucking arbitrary counter system for everything
>persons, small animals, large animals, objects, flat objects, etc.

>no no you can't say mittsu neko, you have to use sanppiki!

Attached: risa.jpg (680x512, 43K)

the fourth of july

there you go

kys

It's from having a culture and history that isn't ripped off the Chinese.

>land of free
>imperial

America still uses British Thermal Units to measure energy instead of Joules.

this it's trivial for the superior american intellect to grasp. metric is indistinguishable in difficulty because both systems are so trivial for the american mind.

We use customary Eurocuck

We have counters too, for collections that do not imply distinguishable objects. 3 sheets of paper; 4 cups of water; 5 grains of sand.

The problem with Japanese is with no singular/plural, everything is a collection and so counters become mandatory for everything.

Yes because those are immeasurable units that can't be counted individually.

And we use "how much" for them.
You can't say "3 sugars" because what is a "sugar"?

The problem with Japanese is that they use their arbitrary counters for measurable units.

Three cats, three cows, three pencils, etc. It's like every three was a different word.

Not in the 60's they didn't.

>You can't say "3 sugars" because what is a "sugar"?
That makes sense when you're ordering coffee.

Well, that’s the point I was trying to make. In western languages most words that refer to a type of object also imply a measurement (when the measurement is obvious). If we say, “there is a cat”. That unequivocally means there is one cat. Adding three to that word, means there are now 3 of the one unit of cat.

Saying neko in a Japanese does not carry that implication. There is no implication of measurement in the language. “Neko ga imasu” cannot be exactly translated into western languages, because it does not refer to the “amount of cat” at all. It could mean, “there’s a cat”. It could mean, “there are many cats”. So it makes no sense to add a number to an uncounted entity. That’s a western concept. In Japanese every word, thus, falls under the sugar case. A word which implies a unit is hence required.

based and travel time pilled.

We do the same in the mitten state.

>You can't say "3 sugars" because what is a "sugar"?
>Sugar is the generic name for sweet-tasting, soluble carbohydrates, many of which are used in food.

well when discussing coffee/tea it usually means how many sugar cubes or teaspoons of sugar you want.

More Mexicans are returning than leaving, more people from countries 1/10 the size and population of Mexico are trying to enter cucknited cucks

>In England's
>England
King Arthur was welsh, not angloid

>Metric is completely arbitrary
Of course. Because the distance between the equator and the poles divided by 10 million is much more arbitrary than, say, the distance between a long dead king's nose and thumb. Without googling tell me how many feet are in a mile and then explain how that is less arbitrary than a kilometer -which literally means thousandmeter- being a thousand meters.

>customary is perfectly suited for everyday use by the average Joe
So is metric, except it also has the advantage of being an objective (ie. non-humanocentric) system that's much easier to use in scientific contexts or when applying conversions.

>We use customary Eurocuck
You know what's interesting about customary? It defines its units in metric. Remember how the definition of a meter is based on the distance between the equator and poles (or in more recent and accurate terms, the speed at which light travels)? Customary units are defined in meters. Das rite, the OFFICIAL definition of a yard is 0.9144 METERS.

>Also why Myanmar
Myanmar just like Canada, Belize and England (not the UK) should be classified as "mixed", Myanmar nowadays is even more metric than not, they have been moving "officially" to metric since 2013

Why just England? The Scottish government also chooses to use imperial units in affairs it has sole control over.

>buy gas in liters
>measure fuel economy in mpg

I refuse to believe we're the only ones that use a mix of both

muttugal

every country actually is on a spectrum from "non-metric" to "metric, no country is on 100% metric, for example display screens are mostly measure with inches in most countries, pearls are sometimes weighted on Japanese "momme", and in Japan house and apartment areas are generally measured with "jō" or "tsubo" instead of square metres