Why do people give American suburbs so much shit?

Why do people give American suburbs so much shit?

Attached: suburbia_usa.jpg (1702x966, 860K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EWl_T316XAE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: suburbs.jpg (3658x2458, 3.66M)

Why do people ever care how others live? You don't have to live like them.

People are just annoying. I personally don't like the burbs, they're too crowded for me. But I see that they appeal to some people.

Suburbs are the number one source of all-american mass shooters, white nationalist terrorists, and incels.

Of course only people from a soulless country like norway would defend americanism

>Why do people ever care how others live? You don't have to live like them.
Try telling that to they have all the answers and they'll tell you that

Which one are you?

Because that looks like hell. I wouldn't live in an urbanised village in Slovenia, either.

contributes to obesity
contribute to climate change
maintained by massive subsidies
inherently expensive
turns the urban centres into parking lots

but muh land muh privacy except not really..

because they haven't seen King of the Hill and started worshipping all things suburban and Texan

A "soulless" country?

no culture, no heritage, no history, no impact, no SOUL

It's a cope from people who live in their shitty commieblocks and hate that the average american has it so much better than them

>soulless
Im sorry the average american isnt poor enough to live in a tiny european house

Suburbs are shit, small towns are based

Are you sure that's not just due to other factors in the american society? Norway is like a big suburb too, pic related, and we don't have those problems. So why would american suburbs do that.

Attached: 326_1614868589.jpg (1600x1067, 473K)

Nosy neighbors and strip malls.

Oh I see. How is the school system in Spain?

I guess it isn't any worse than living in a city like I do.
Pic related, my "neigborhood"..

Attached: 081_3872.jpg (1754x1169, 1.22M)

What's wrong with living there, seems like you're pretty close enough to everything so you don't need to drive everywhere

I guess when your the only third world country in western Europe you have to cling to something

True. How far away is the average suburb in America from shops etc?

Very, very close. Outside of suburbs there are plazas full of restaurants and stores

Norrköping? Very comfy pic.

This,

>Very, very close. Outside of suburbs there are plazas full of restaurants and stores
Nice, I could live like that no problems.
>Norrköping?
Yep

i guess? but the question is why people hate american suburbs not suburbs in general though im skeptical any suburb could work because ive never known a suburb other than american style.

Do you have grocery stores IN the suburbs and other amenities, or do you have to have a long drive in order to get to anything. I've seen this being argued forth and back about suburbs in usa.

>So why would american suburbs do that

muh blacks
ford and GM lobbied eisenhower who got a highway boner after visiting Germany
Levitt & Sons sold america on the idea of a shoebox home to flee blacks and that cars were sexy

Usually the plazas are outside of the suburbs, like a 5-10 minute drive from your house.

Maybe you just have it all wrong. That it's not the suburb in america that is bad or wrong, it is likely something else american that is bad or wrong. Like something with the culture. Obesity is most likely a cultural problem, for example. It's not just something that happens because people live in a suburb.

It really depends where you live desu. I live in a suburb but I'm within a 5 minute walking distance to the nearest grocery store.

>plazas
What is a plaza?

Suburbs seem kinda comfy. But I need my privacy and space, too autistic for anything else.
I got a long fucking way to the nearest grocery store though, everything has a cost.

Attached: IMG_20190802_171611.jpg (3000x1771, 3.64M)

it's kind of cool. even middla class families can live in triplex villas with small garden, sometimes pool.

Its a place with various stores/restaurants. Where most people living in the suburbs shop.

Attached: screen-shot-2016-09-14-at-105342-am*1200xx582-327-0-29.png (582x327, 230K)

The suburbs deserve all the shit.
I rather die than be trapped in one.

Flat roofs deserve napalm.

Open space surrounded by shops, places to eat etc. We have them as well, call them "torg".
The one in my town is pretty small and shitty though.

Attached: Torget Hjo.jpg (1120x630, 498K)

Sure, that makes sense. It's sort of similar here. Pic related shows part of a mall and with surrounding amenities, and in the background of the picture you can see a little bit of where people actually live in a sprawl of houses, not unlike an american suburb. This is how 99% of norwegians live. Not the best picture for illustration, but I'm lazy.

Attached: amfi-moa-fasade-2-thon-eiendom.jpg (1920x1080, 1.35M)

Single use zoning is a cancer, everybody should live within walking distance (

By "very close" he means 2+ miles and you have to walk across a busy street where people drive 45 MPH and then traverse a huge parking lot to get there

>pretty small and shitty though
It's a lot larger than ours kek

Attached: 1810-Vellinge-LillaTorg_DSC5760-val-2001x1335.jpg (2001x1335, 807K)

Yeah, typically we have "city centre", whether that is a tiny thing with some shops, or an actual urban city centre depends on the size of the town or city. But we also have these other small flicks of shopping places other places around where people live too.

>ywn be born a chad in an all american surburb

no one gives a fuck what something looks like from an aerial view. Humans can't fly and you will never be above it. What matters is how it looks like in the ground view, and suburbs with trees do not look bad but i agree the ones everone posts here from bumfuck nowhere arizona look like shit.
There's a reason breaking bad and all those shows choose it for their filming, because it looks like a dead-end dreary monotonous shithole.

Attached: 1563505991866.jpg (800x600, 156K)

You know that it is all the new sprawling suburbs that are like this right?

It looks comfy as hell, it must be great to chill out in the backyard in the afternoon and have a cold drink. My concern with suburbs is how having a car is a must, stores, school and all of that are all far from where you live.

No privacy, no conveniency, no culture

Scandinavians in general(and some Russians)regularly display at least a logical, reasonable opinion on American sprawl without just resorting to snarky mockery and finger pointing. Kudos

I do my best

proof?

you can live in a suburb and have plenty of space, most of the ones people post are just in a desert or western state where houses dont have as much yardage. mine has like 1.5 acres of land and is nice

Attached: OPTIMIZED-united-states-ranked-by-yard-size_newlogo-634x2359-634x2359.jpg (634x2359, 274K)

My impressions is that it's mostly mainland europeans displaying that disdain toward american suburbs. You see the irrational thoughtless posts in this very thread, stating meaningless things like "soulless" and "no culture" as if they don't even know the meaning of those words. And they are the same people who would call Americans uneducated fools too, kek.

Oh, that sounds nice. I'd like that a lot.

Keep in mind that older suburbs are a bit more tasteful and tend to have proper yards and an abundance of trees. The new stuff looks weird because developers buy up farm fields and cram as many houses as the can in there.

Attached: north shore.jpg (3226x1571, 1.52M)

you best not be shitting on norrköping nigga

Suburbs like OPs pic are not allowed outside cities like Oslo and Bergen here in Norway anymore because of traffic jams and smog. Especially Bergen had lots of smog problems. Pic related is a new suburb in the Oslo region

Attached: umWdkc5.jpg (4000x3000, 2.8M)

>It's another
OBSESSED
>thread

Attached: pepe 1.jpg (499x481, 28K)

Because they have no sould or passion like Swedish housing projects

Attached: bandstolpsvägen.jpg (1600x900, 355K)

yes, well said
>no privacy(lol at this coming from the commieblock/flat dwelling folks)
>no culture
>no convenience
There are a multitude of pros and cons governing any manner of living conditions, why the "American" suburb is considered the most appalling of those around these parts truly befuddles me

Looks like home for me

Attached: D6C84F39-ED10-477E-A741-4281F1302FD4.jpg (1024x576, 64K)

mer som stolpskottsvägen lmao

SUBURBS FUCKING SUCK, BURGERKEKS!

>*goes home to my commieblock*

Attached: DSC_0065.jpg (3840x2160, 2.32M)

I ain't. Just saying suburbs ain't any worse than city life.

It looks calm and cozy desu, I can imagine a sense of community present in those suburbs, neighbors acting as a family, greeting each others and things like that.

Spain's suburbs are gypsie-ridden shitholes

Håhå där fick jag så att jag teg minsann

I can feel the despair, sadness and melancholy in that place. Epic. It probably smells of old nicotine, sweat mixed with cheap cologne and cheap ready meals.

Feels like home

Imagine not living in a house.

Attached: _357497999.jpg (1200x798, 362K)

Kek, very accurate broder. And the sound of distant bass music from a few floors below, the thumping of steps in the staircase, the one shouting family who always fights, broken down elevator that's never fixed and groaning pipes.

This is literally how I grew up and still live.

Well, this is the second most plebbit board in Jow Forums after Jow Forums but instead of disgruntled facebook boomers from r/The_Donald we have incel commies from r/Europe

Most suburbs are soulless but the non-soulless ones are literally the best places you can live in the US

Hvorfor er det så mange commieblocks i Sverige?

Attached: Flats_europe.png (1018x1294, 65K)

Attached: 153765434.jpg (225x225, 8K)

>mass shooters, white nationalist terrorists, and incels

in other words this poster is a nigger that can't afford to live in a suburb

Cheaper to build, more people in a smaller area = more people in the city = more profit etc.
I'm 28 and have lived in commieblocks since I was born.

How the hell do you find these?
I have never seen anything like these in my life.

You might be onto something

I have a theory that one reason Eastern Europeans are often anti-social is that growing up and living in these cramped domiciles makes them lack their own sense or privacy. More square footage is good for families and people. It doesn't matter how well you get along, but people having time in their own comfortable space tends to make everyone happier

Why don't you move out?

One bad thing about suburbs is that they encourage anti-social behavior in large part because of car-dependency

I think it's the lack of trees and how every house looks the same.
I don't know how suburbs work in the US. Here it's a mix of poor people, small farms and militias/cartels.

they strike me as being in Florida or California

>One bad thing about suburbs is that they encourage anti-social behavior
No they don't, they all know each other, they have block parties, neighbors always let kids use their pools.
You never lived in one.

Those houses are cheap, large and have conscientious neighbours. Just the layout looks awful but when are you 50 feet above them?

Can't afford it and the housing queues are fucking insane.
True as fuck.
I grew up in a commieblock here in Gothenburg, 5 people sharing 50 square meters..
>1 bathroom
>3 bedrooms (I had to share with my brother..)
>small kitchen next to living room
Luckily (eeh..) I'm the only of my siblings still living at home so I have my own room now.

>militias/cartels.
Wait, these are your neighbors in suburban Brazil?

Attached: 1527211237644.jpg (498x282, 46K)

Unironically more first world than the US

No lol

yes lol shut the fuck up gypsy

House-to-house with just fences is shit tier, but suburban with shitloads of trees and greenery to help cool it and give more sense of privacy is great.

Ones like or with more trees are great. My favorite is something like

They literally do not

Video games and internet/social media encourage anti-social behavior

No. The militias are growing in some and the cartels are conquering others.

Imagine not living within 3 miles of the water
youtu.be/EWl_T316XAE

Attached: E2005E2D-6384-4A9D-9224-76CD1ED07ED8.jpg (1200x800, 225K)

Once a commieblock dweller, always a commieblock dweller.
We ain't exactly the rich kind. I have my eagles nest, where I watch the world below me. And judge everyone I see.

Attached: IMG_20190718_144422.jpg (2390x3240, 3.42M)

Because people with no lebensraum are jealous.

Woah what a nice place to raise a family in!

Ok, wtf. On the law and order scale is Brazil moving backwards or frontwards?

Lmao, are there people in this world who don't live near the sea? Lmao! Sad sons of bitches, am I right?