Why don't Hong Kong protestors fly the Chinese Republican flag instead of the British or American flag?

Why don't Hong Kong protestors fly the Chinese Republican flag instead of the British or American flag?

Attached: images (30).jpg (738x415, 28K)

because they are not taiwanese

Because they're colonial minded race traitors

del

>Korean education

The flag isn't a symbol of Taiwan (the island). It's the non-communist flag of China

because hongkoneses don't feel chinese at all, unlike taiwanese
kys

because they're all glowniggers. Its an east vs west thing now, and I can't wait for china to assrape the rest of africa and asia

hong kong was never part of the roc

1) They are not chinese
2)It's a symbol of oppression
3)Go back to your country GI Joe

T. Zhang

They'd be flying this then, they were never part of KMT controlled China.

Attached: 1024px-Flag_of_China_(1889–1912).svg.png (1024x683, 229K)

Why would they wave the KMT flag if they were never governed by the KMT?

That's a dirty M*nchu flag not a Chinese one.

Because it is more insulting to the PRC government.

They are literally saying they would rather be colonial subjects to the white pigs than to be part of China.

The flag of the ROC (Taiwan) doesn't have the same insulting power.

no retard.

The Manchus pick this flag to represent China. They picked it at the end of their rule during mass anti-Manchu sentiment

Look at Ming dynasty flags of emperors and its identical

cause being a colony again would prevent china to occupy it again because diplomacy

Why would they fly the American one? Also it’s a symbol of their anti PRC stuff.

Because they don't have any clue about British rule and they feel different from Taiwan

> Japanese education

That's not symbol of non-communist flag.
It is just national flag of R.O.C

>Because they're colonial minded race traitors

Attached: 1535545527909.jpg (960x959, 197K)

Because both the U.K. and U.S. are evolution of the idea of a Liberal Democracy and individual sovereignty.

They miss the protections of anglo-saxon liberal ideas (U.K.), and support the separation of themselves from a non-representative government that enforces whatever it wants(U.S. see: American Revolution)

Attached: Best-Towns-to-Live-in-New-Hampshire1.jpg (633x422, 65K)

Based Yang

Based Han Chinese BVLL

second point i can understand, the first point i do not as none of the protections granted by the UK were ever clawed back during the hand over.

Salty nomad detected. Man and Han bros 4 life

Attached: western barbarians btfo.png (1914x887, 1.97M)

Hing Kong and Taiwan should be independent states, fuck Ch*na

Cuz they're cucks. Based Xi is gonna lay the smackdowm on them so hard it'll make Tianemen Square look like a picnic (which it actually was)

that's fucking stupid. You fucking ate form the tree of stupid or something?

So they'd legit rather be in an even worse position then be under China. Not even defending China but is the entire movement filled whit zoomers?

That's like saying the Dixie flag is an alternate flag of the USA.

>Australian flags
>Candian flags
>American flags
>All swearing racial alligens to the CCP
>Rice picking chinks meme in western countries checks out
>Kek

Hong Kongers are British, not Chinese I think

Many protesters are students, no way they have ever experienced the life under british rule

The Chinese have a friendly relstionships with a couple of countries in Africa, stretching back generations in modern history with over a million Chinese living in Sub Saharan Africa. Even in the past, hundreds and thousands of years ago, there was never any colonisation or 'arse rape', my yank friend, and there aren't any current indicators of such things to occur.
China isn't the west. They haven't and probably won't operate like us. This seems to be something so many people cannot get through their heads.

Listen up libtard hong kongers, What “one country two systems”? Your measly gdp contributes less than 3% of Chinas. All of the major mainland cities have surpassed you. Want government respect? Maybe do better sweaty. Your city is filthy, the citizens live in cages because unregulated housing markets. Only uncultured libertarians and westerners visit to see decaying neon signage, order milk in their tea and feel like kung fu movie. Jackie Chan hong kong native supports communist party leadership, so pls no more questions be good normal chinese citizens. Westerners please visit Beijing a truly world class city, speak Mandarin and uphold true Chinese cultural tradition and values.

Attached: 1565565331377.jpg (1242x1394, 207K)

>Why don't Hong Kong protestors fly the Chinese Republican flag instead of the British or American flag?
Because being waving a British or American flag is better as it wont actively provoke cops teabag me with teargas

Waiving a Taiwanese flag infront of a PRC agent would be asking for a fight. It would be just as bad as waving a Japan flag.

Thoughts on the protests?

>Thoughts on the protests?
Delayed action that should've had been done before we got transferred to the mainland. We were better off being a British enclave than anything else.

The peak was 2 million no? But are there only 100-200k that are more militant and going to battle with the police? Seems like reporting hasn't been trying to get counts on them more recently

based

what rights has the government revoked that makes hong kong anymore different before the handover?

As much as I sympathize with the HK protesters, unless HK can find foreign support or anti-PRC support on the mainland, you all are risking one big PRC army truck roll and the end of the end of the two government system.

As it currently stands, no other country will intervene. Xiping just wants to make sure an army roll won’t look badly from the mainland.

I really don't see how modern day UK colony would be worse that modern day PRC province. Far less chance of "disappearing" and ending up in a "re-education camp" or becoming an "organ donor".

Over a million people turned out for the protests in June, from a population of just over 7.3 million. This is not a young people/student only movement.

Attached: soyboy-2.png (210x240, 6K)

>The peak was 2 million no?
I believe so. During the protest there was many people protesting with shops, businesses, and other entities closed. It does not surprise me that it was two million as I don't know many people who did not protest or agree with the decision for expedition
>what rights has the government revoked that makes Hong Kong anymore different before the handover?
Many people are fed up with Beijing trying to dissolve Hong Kong into being another mainland city. When they attempted to put in a extradition agreement it broke the last patience of everyone. There is rumors of election fraud and wealthy Beijing supporters getting away with bad stuff and just the overall angry with the schools attempting to throw in pro Beijing propaganda. No one here feels that mainland is upholding their agreement and very few think it will end any good for us in the near future

All Hong Kongers
MUST FUCKING HANG

Attached: god-of-war-guan-yu-statue-jingzhou-china-6~01.jpg (461x533, 67K)

Hong Kong is rightful Japanese clay.
We conquered and colonized all major cities in Asia, Beijing, Hongkong, Taipei, Seoul, Pyongyang.
WW2 Japan is already legendary.

nice try north korea

Because the British showed them the free economy and civil liberties way

It is no longer what is realistic but the fact that everyone is done with Beijing. There are some protesters who just want to kick a civil war while others think a peaceful resolution can be done. The threats no longer matter as this protest isn't organized or has one single goal. Majority of Hong Kong is fed up and no longer want to become another dog providence under Beijing's thumb.

>There are some protesters who just want to kick a civil war
Do they have any realistic plan? Are they expecting support in the mainland?

>Do they have any realistic plan?
No idea but I don't believe they have any realistic plan
>Are they expecting support in the mainland?
No, they are the ones who want to fight the mainland.

>>Many people are fed up with Beijing trying to dissolve Hong Kong into being another mainland city

name one right they revoked since the hand over. governments enact laws, that's the point of government.

>no plan
>tiny city vs giant country
Sounds like an anime plot

Because they have to promote their sponsors.

The mainland government is the rebel one though. So then"Chinese" flag is the Dixie one.

>Because the British showed them the free economy and civil liberties way

Lol only at the very end.

>name one right they revoked since the hand over
I would say it be the right to speak against Beijing without having to fear being kidnapped to the mainland and become some puppet apologist.

I would say that we lost that right

Fuck off Chang. Just because daddy had the money to send you to school in Canada doesn't mean you have to continue being a PRC drone. To humor you, obviously the right to assembly and the right of free speech are being infringed upon as we speak. And the PRC was also infringing on the right of the free press long before now, with the Causeway Bay Books disappearances.

>I really don't see how modern day UK colony would be worse that modern day PRC province.

Considering that most former ex colonies have no recolonize movement that must mean something. Hell the commonwealth is a joke and Britain barely has any influence over the former anglo settler states. What benefit is there to begin a part of Britain? So British folk can just mass immigrate into Hong Kong (legally and legally) and walk around like they own the place, drag Hong Kong into dumb bullshit and Britain just offering much to Kong Kong in general?

They are white?

I think he meant to ask if they expected support from people on the mainland, not the government.

that is hardly the fault of the HK government and not a revoked right. from what i gather the only 'kidnapped' book keeper, lee bo, was returned and never claimed he was kidnapped.

>>“When I was speaking to Lam Wing-kee, I have not talked about how I went back to the mainland, and I have not said ‘involuntarily brought to the mainland’ or anything similar,” he added.

Chang, stop it.

>What benefit is there to begin a part of Britain?
Freedom of speech.
Freedom of press.
Freedom of assembly.
A functional legal system.
Not part of the PRC.

If it’s not realistic, then what are you fighting for? Here’s the deal, your government is a puppet government (and will always be, unless you attain independence), so your opponent is the PRC government.

The first rule to winning any conflict is that you need to know your strengths and your opponent. Right now this entire conflict is playing right into Xi jinping’s goals. HK’s strength is that it is an economic powerhouse in the region and many countries depend on trade with HK and HK’s financial system.

The protests however have shut down the economy and will cause a significant economic downturn. Foreign nationals are leaving and multinationals are concerned about future stability and are considering moving. In the meantime, China is inviting these multinationals to centres such as Shanghai. Once foreign interests depart HK, HK will be just another city. At that point, any chance that foreign allies will support HKs cause will become slim.

Also take into consideration what the PRC government has done to regions of China that oppose the ruling party. They’ve essentially house arrested entire populations of people by denying travel and imposing near martial law.

I think you all are walking a very risky path, and you need to be more organized and conscious of the situation if you’re going to keep pushing it.

shhhh adults are having a reasonable discussion. spergs can go to Jow Forums

it's always a fucking leaf

Attached: 1563412736038.png (586x647, 48K)

>t. wumao

Attached: clankening tips.png (1569x7447, 2.8M)

Money really doesn't play a major roll when it comes to being free and withholding your identity.

Thanks Tsai.

>HK’s strength is that it is an economic powerhouse in the region and many countries depend on trade with HK and HK’s financial system.

With other parts of Asia developing and China that will face more competition as time goes on so they will need to be quick.

Also if they do go independent they can't do a Somaliland 2.0 where no one recognizes them.

do you actually have an answer to my question? what rights were revoked by the HK government since the handover?

By rioting you've sealed your fate. Hope they shoot every last one of you in the face so even your ancestors won't recognize you.

Attached: Al.jpg (364x507, 34K)

>Freedom of speech.
>Freedom of press.

REALLY? Like even then until the very end of British rule HK didn't really have much freedom in British Hong Kong.

How do you guys think the HK problems would resolve?
>Another Tianmien (where the leaders of the protest are sipping tea in the US while the grunts are gunned down)
>HK boomers tearing the student a new asshole
>China cave in and give HK independence while simultaneously sanction
>International intervention and starting of WW3
>None of the above and it will die down like the Wall Street thing

Attached: 68648494_1215507561990940_5964293605030887424_n.jpg (960x692, 102K)

Like here's the thing. Most British colonies got none of the

-Freedom of speech.
-Freedom of press.
-Freedom of assembly.
-A functional legal system.

That you speak of. Britain only at the very end gave shit to HK to counter China. If China was gimped as fuck back then then Britain would still had as much of a stranglehold on HK and HK policy.

Exactly, that’s why the protests are playing directly into Jinping’s desires. It’s possibly allows him to fast-forward HK integration at a point where his public support in China is very high.

In the future, economic competition will slow Chinese economic growth. Slower growth will lead to more internal problems and dissatisfaction with the ruling party. Trouncing HK with low support would be much harder since it greatly increases the chance of HK sympathizers from within the mainland.

But HK had all of that before they were turned over so why are you arguing hypothetical scenarios as if they were real?

>But HK had all of that before they were turned over
They did NOT you fucking moron, they were only given that as part of the handover deal. They literally didn't have it UNTIL they were part of China.

Those rights and freedoms already existed de facto before the handover, and were guaranteed de jure until 2047 when Basic Law became the foundation for Hong Kong's government as of the handover. Britain was in the process of reforms to put those freedoms in writing before the handover was even being discussed. It is completely disingenuous to assert that if Hong Kong remained a British territory, it would have been an 1800s colonial-tier shithole with regards to human rights. Which you wouldn't know or understand if it slapped you in the fucking face Chang, since you can't seem to understand that the PRC has been working overtime to limit those freedoms.

Now fuck off.

Attached: 1566061263352.gif (344x391, 2.39M)

Lel at that.

I guess the entire point of these protests have everything to do with money, with Hong Kong being surpassed by many chinese administrative regions, and they are bitching in vain to recover their status and leverage. Bitches no longer queens of the hill.

The official excuse of "no extradition" is even cringier. Looks like some want to keep to their dirty financial ways and are mobilizing the sheeps and sending them clashing with the riot police.

They're gonna lose. Lose bigly.

>Britain was in the process of reforms
>in the process
Oh fuck off NSAshill.

SHOOT ALL HONG KONG NIGGERS IN THE FACE.

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2019-07-23-05-54-04.png (1396x1985, 1.6M)

>alligens
Proof those who don't don't stand with the People's Republic of China or low-IQ brainlets.

The only thing they didn't have was the right of assembly which they were going to get.
Ever since the 50s the UK wanted to implement more rights, but they mainlanders didn't respond well to it.

*are

Attached: sinoboo.png (475x215, 14K)

Hope you like molotovs bootlicker

Attached: kauhvrlr8lamfvnmsohpkx9yg6ykkxj5sluyyq2gdje9tzoqg1gmmrbyjzart982.jpg (1020x576, 135K)

>which they were going to get
Brits abandoned Hong Kong when they were still strong enough and China was still weak enough. They literally gave zero fucks and they certainly weren't "in the process" of giving HKers anything since they knew exactly when the handover would take place.

Hang all HK traitors.

Attached: ukczvXO~2.jpg (460x462, 49K)

The protests have nothing to do with money, but HK needs allied support. However, with each of their western allies in their own respective shit, no one has the appetite to dispute China.

Money only comes up because HK is economically linked to many of its allies. Hence, it’s the leverage that can be used in each of the allies respective government debates to prod any sort of action (yes, in today’s world money talks louder than democratic freedoms). China knows this, so the faster it can decouple HK, the less likely any western country is going to do anything about it.

>China screwing you in anything involving economics isn't 'arse rape''
Sure thing Zhang

>Brits abandoned Hong Kong when they were still strong enough and China was still weak enough
Nice fanfic Chang. Is that straight from Global Times?

>with each of their western allies in their own respective shit, no one has the appetite to dispute China
No one had the appetite when they were still in a position to deny the handover.

yes and no. were it feasible to defend hong kong from a military invasion? no. was it feasible to give hong kong citizens UK citizenship? yes.

>China was stronger in 1997 than it is in 2019! That's why we had to give them back HK!
Kek you must get your news from The Onion.

HK was leased from China. There was always an agreement that HK would be returned. Legally, they were required to.

incorrect. the lease was for the New Territories, not Hong Kong. Hong Kong was ceded in perpetuity.

Hong Kong was materially dependent on the New Territories by 1997.

and that was the mistake on the UK's part as they believed they could get another lease and continued to integrate HK with the NT.

Except that hong kong could not function properly without new territories and kowloon

the brits could not hope to keep running hong kong without new territories and kowloon. too much logistical issues

hong kong functioned perfectly fine and as intended before the acquisition of the NT. but the brits were hungry for more money and needed more space. so they took a lease and in turn took that for granted and here we are.