What the fuck, does your country have summer homework Jow Forums?

What the fuck, does your country have summer homework Jow Forums?

We sure as fuck don’t have it here!

Attached: 8D940BAA-58B8-46FB-A43D-218DB297C425.jpg (1125x2125, 891K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bera.ac.uk/blog/what-if-east-asias-high-achievement-is-not-the-result-of-longer-hours-of-study-cram-schools-and-exam-pressure
researchgate.net/publication/327054946_Is_exam_hell_the_cause_of_high_academic_achievement_in_East_Asia_The_case_of_Japan_and_the_case_for_transcending_stereotypes
researchgate.net/publication/323988104_Stereotypes_as_Anglo-American_exam_ritual_Comparisons_of_students'_exam_anxiety_in_East_Asia_America_Australia_and_the_United_Kingdom
researchgate.net/publication/316355117_Imagining_East_Asian_education_otherwise_neither_caricature_nor_scandalization
routledge.com/Re-Evaluating-Education-in-Japan-and-Korea-De-mystifying-Stereotypes/Park/p/book/9780415595520
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

we had books we were supposed to read over the summer but nobody ever did it. being a student in japan sounds like my hell

I've taught Taiwanese and Chinese students, and they've all told me that it's quite normal to have homework over the summer.

Of course not. I don't think that would even work with how the school system works.

when I moved to a new school right before my junior year I got put into the top english class. Apparently to get in there you had to read a book over the summer (I think it was huck finn) and write an essay. I told the teacher I was new and she said I had two weeks to do it so the same night I wrote three pages based off a wiki article and got a 96%
summer homework is bs

No wonder you're illiterate mongs. In Russia we have lists of books to read over summer to prepare for the next grade.

No, and that's why Germany falls behind.

a class professor don't give a fuck about what students have done in the year before, can't happen

jp school years start in april you absolute brainlets, their "summer vacation" is just a break
after the vacation you go back to the same classroom with the same classmates and the same teachers, it's not a new school year

we have it too, they're important for the start of the semester but a lot of people look up summaries rather than read.

This.

We always had "summer reading" to prepare for the next year but it literally NEVER mattered, nothing in those books was assumed to be known when you started the next year.

and yet you live in a crumbling concrete tower? if it was a western country I would have to agree

Our boomers were supposed to collect some plants during the summer into some kind of herbarium. I did nuffin.

do they not have sparknotes in russia?

bera.ac.uk/blog/what-if-east-asias-high-achievement-is-not-the-result-of-longer-hours-of-study-cram-schools-and-exam-pressure

researchgate.net/publication/327054946_Is_exam_hell_the_cause_of_high_academic_achievement_in_East_Asia_The_case_of_Japan_and_the_case_for_transcending_stereotypes

researchgate.net/publication/323988104_Stereotypes_as_Anglo-American_exam_ritual_Comparisons_of_students'_exam_anxiety_in_East_Asia_America_Australia_and_the_United_Kingdom

researchgate.net/publication/316355117_Imagining_East_Asian_education_otherwise_neither_caricature_nor_scandalization

routledge.com/Re-Evaluating-Education-in-Japan-and-Korea-De-mystifying-Stereotypes/Park/p/book/9780415595520

real "summer" (i.e. hell) in Japan starts in August

No summer but during our long breaks, they do give us homework. It's not like I did mine anyway.

no because the summer lines up with the end of the year in the summer hemisphere so they can't really

Yes, but it was only for AP classes that I was never able to get into

Russia's literacy rate is lower than America's Ivan

This, if you consider that reading a book is hard work, that actually explain a fucking lot.