What does Jow Forums think of Wikitongues

what does Jow Forums think of Wikitongues

Wikitongues is a non-profit organization which aims to document and archive all the languages and dialects the world,especially the rare and or dying languages and dialects

some examples

youtube.com/watch?v=3fOoyoDpBFw

youtube.com/watch?v=Vp8g0znA-tU

youtube.com/watch?v=ttp2NTXqkl8

Attached: Wikitongues_logo.png (258x206, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gwQ7MPjdmoo
wikitongues.org/submit-a-video/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is this all just in video form? I can't find any proper content on the website.
There's only one video on their Youtube channel in Slovene so they have quite a bit of work left to do.

They could've made the format to upload easier, like whatsapp, because mobile is a thing. Even the rurals are using iphones nowadays. (Of course after selling their lands)

>click on some Dutch accents
There are quite a few on them.

>someone pretends to speak standard Dutch
NOOOPE NO YOU DONT SPEAK STANDARD DUTCH YOU ASSHAT

The dialect of my city isn't on there either yet.

>why yes I do "document" languages by having some speakers say a few words on camera and it's just a pretext for the few of us to get laid abroad, how did you know?

Attached: 1562327809812.png (680x760, 165K)

Tunisian arabic isnt really dying as it is very similiar to maghrebi arabic

>Multiple distributed local backups? Paper? Books? Dictionaries? Never heard of it, we just put it on youtube

Attached: 1559283227769.jpg (912x1024, 195K)

Lel at the YouTube channel.
The old guy speaking Transylvanian Saxon is someone who doesn’t know German at all but is trying to speak the modern version of it.
The so-called Schwabian is too slurred because the old lady’s missing all her teeth and probably is on anti-epileptic meds.
The Csángó Hungarian is someone who barely speaks Hungarian and just throws in a bunch of Romanian words.
The only Romanian record is someone from Cluj, while Southern and Moldovan are a bit different.

>Dutch accents
>Dutch dialects
youtube.com/watch?v=gwQ7MPjdmoo

fucking KEK

good

You can submit a video here
wikitongues.org/submit-a-video/

very good

I thought it was going to be something like Wiktionary, I could help with something like that. But making videos is a different matter.

its cool

This.
I think if they had made a site like vocaroo they’d have attracted many more contributors.

Interesting. If they ever do Maltese, I hope they get someone who actually knows the language and doesn't code-switch like their life depended on it.

Well, I meant something that was more a dictionary than just a couple of minutes worth of speech.

They need to have better cataloguing standards. A lot of the examples are of enthusiastic L2s that aren't at all representative of the actual character of the language they showcase. This isn't just for superfringe shit, the Khmer example is some guy from New York or something that talks fucking weird arse Khmer. There's plenty of examples on youtube of Khmer already and somehow wikitongues can't even muster a cookiecutter example of a native speaking the standard central plains language.

That's not to mention the drunks like the Bavarian one.

They need more people to submit so they take can what they can get
That's why I posted this here to bring awareness